"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited June 2018 Posts: 17,372
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Get in Sweden lmao
    Oooh! Close to a two goal lead!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    A Sweden win will put me in an extremely good mood as I head to work, Germany are in big trouble.
  • mattjoesmattjoes SOMEDAY CONNERY (thanks RichardTheBruce)
    "So much for German efficiency."
    mattjoes wrote: »
    "So much for German efficiency."

They had their chances early in the first half. Good defending from Sweden kept them from scoring.
    1-1. This will be all Germany now.
    Missed the goal... Dam!
    Boateng red card!
    Oh dear Germany falling apart
    Ooooh! Close for Brandt!
    2-1, Germany…
  • mattjoesmattjoes SOMEDAY CONNERY (thanks RichardTheBruce)
    :-O
    That was an intense finish, great goal I hate to say
    Germany will surely go through now, with Sweden missing out. South Korea will be just another match to win for Löw's men, while Sweden can struggle getting anything from the match against Mexico. So close to a great advantage for Janne Andersson's team!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Very good match. This world cup is getting interesting.
    Sven-Göran «Svennis» Eriksson looks really unhappy in the TV2 studio. This was just sad for Sweden.

I need another beer…
    Things got heated between the benches at the end there. Confrontations between Swedish and German staffs.
    Great 2nd goal for Germany! Gutted for Sweden!!!!
    Lets face it the Germany - Sweden game was mostly Germany playing football and Sweden do some countering, they should have that sh&thead Mourinho for a coach he would have really showed them parking the bus.

Glad Germany won, but I am not so sure they will make it to the final. Neither has Brasil got me convinced of their potential. People complain about Ronaldo but I wouldn't mind thumping that Neymar Jr shit, he is so bloody mediocre in his game Barcelona were right to get rid of him.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,682
    Things got heated between the benches at the end there. Confrontations between Swedish and German staffs.

I noticed the hand bags between the staff on the touch line, not sure what sparked that off will check the highlight show.

I noticed the hand bags between the staff on the touch line, not sure what sparked that off will check the highlight show.

Apparently some of the German coaches and/or staff ran towards the Swedish manager and his staff mocking them and showing gestures towards them - according to manager Janne Andersson himself.

Leeds defender Pontus Jansson and Oliver Bierhoff (Germany business affairs manager, or something like that) was seen shouting at each other, according to a Swedish journalist.

Apparently some of the German coaches and/or staff ran towards the Swedish manager and his staff mocking them and showing gestures towards them - according to manager Janne Andersson himself.

Leeds defender Pontus Jansson and Oliver Bierhoff (Germany business affairs manager, or something like that) was seen shouting at each other, according to a Swedish journalist.

Germany showing there class
    Quote from Janne Andersson:
    (I put his quote in a spoiler tag not to offend those who doesn't like swearing - as there's probably a forum rule too):
    «At the end signal some of the German leaders ran towards us behaving unsportsmanlike. The mocked us and showed gestures towards us. You shouldn't do that, and it makes me angry. I shouted "Respect. What fucking respect is that. You shouldn't fucking mock someone."»

Quote from Janne Andersson:
    (I put his quote in a spoiler tag not to offend those who doesn't like swearing - as there's probably a forum rule too):
    «At the end signal some of the German staff (leaders actually, to be correct about the quote) ran towards us behaving unsportsmanlike. The mocked us and showed gestures towards us. You shouldn't do that, and it makes me angry. I shouted "Respect. What fucking respect is that. You shouldn't fucking mock someone.»

I am sure Germany will win people over with those antics
    Need a Korean masterclass against Germany, and a Mexico probably resting players, now. I usually enjoy watching Germany in tournaments, but this is just pathetic.

Edit: from Metro:
    germany-towards-sweden-bench-1.jpg?w=620&h=312&crop=1
    Germany’s Hans Ulrich-Voigt approached Sweden’s bench.
    germany-towards-sweden-bench.jpg?w=620&h=329&crop=1
    Germany began to provoke Sweden’s players and staff.
    germany-towards-sweden-bench-2.jpg?w=620&h=317&crop=1
    The German duo were chased away by Sweden’s manager and players.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/23/germany-spark-bust-sarcastically-clapping-swedens-bench-toni-kroos-winning-goal-7655032/
    Need a Korean masterclass against Germany, and a Mexico probably resting players, now. I usually enjoy watching Germany in tournaments, but this is just pathetic.

I think alot of people will want Germany to fail despite there good fight back they totally undermined that, hoping for a Korean draw and a Sweden win in the final game of that group.

I think alot of people will want Germany to fail despite there good fight back they totally undermined that, hoping for a Korean draw and a Sweden win in the final game of that group.

I do too, but wouldn't put money on it to happen. Mexico have looked quite good so far, and Korea. Well… I guess stranger things have happened in football, though.
  • RC7RC7
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Lets face it the Germany - Sweden game was mostly Germany playing football and Sweden do some countering, they should have that sh&thead Mourinho for a coach he would have really showed them parking the bus.

Glad Germany won, but I am not so sure they will make it to the final. Neither has Brasil got me convinced of their potential. People complain about Ronaldo but I wouldn't mind thumping that Neymar Jr shit, he is so bloody mediocre in his game Barcelona were right to get rid of him.

What’s a Shandthead?

I do too, but wouldn't put money on it to happen. Mexico have looked quite good so far, and Korea. Well… I guess stranger things have happened in football, though.

Korea certainly kept going and put alot of effort in against Mexico, you never know