"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Fantastic spot by VAR...that bloody penalty could have put Costa Rica out of the World Cup,just a shame that cheating little shit Neymar wasn't booked.

Yeah thankfully his play acting did him no favours, this Brazil side looks average.
    Shit...that is such bad luck for Costa Rica..man,I hate Brazil.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Shit...that is such bad luck for Costa Rica..man,I hate Brazil.

When they started to drop down like they were shot all the time to gain time my sympathy was quickly gone and they actually did not deserve a point of three. They were basically defending like crazy with a few counters, not the kind of football I prefer.

Great catch by the VAR, still stupid by the likes of Neymar Jr. that they forget that the VAR exits today and will call out the Drama. That said the VAR failed them miserably in the first match.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 17,378
    Oh, no!

Given! Aaaaaand, Sigurðsson misses! Oh…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,706
    Late drama good goal by Shaqiri the Swiss were looking to win it late on well deserved.
    Late drama good goal by Shaqiri the Swiss were looking to win it late on well deserved.

That was a good game!
  • RC7RC7
    Very classy finish from Shaqiri. Most would’ve bottled it.
    We now know that a threesome with two Swiss and one Serbian are permitted. What an epic failure by that referee that altered the game.

That was a good game!

I don't think I am doing the Fantasy Football properly, does it only count up the points you have in your starting eleven?

That was a good game!

I don't think I am doing the Fantasy Football properly, does it only count up the points you have in your starting eleven?

Yes, it does. If one of your starting eleven players doesn't play, then he's subbed for your first bench player (the one furthest to the left, that is). You need to have three defenders though, so say you play a defence of three defenders, and one of them doesn't play, then he'll automatically get subbed for another defender to make that formation complete.

In your case - say Mina doesn't play, he'll get subbed for Pepe, as he's your first player on the bench - and so on.

That was a good game!

Yes, it does. If one of your starting eleven players doesn't play, then he's subbed for your first bench player (the one furthest to the left, that is). You need to have three defenders though, so say you play a defence of three defenders, and one of them doesn't play, then he'll automatically get subbed for another defender to make that formation complete.

In your case - say Mina doesn't play, he'll get subbed for Pepe, as he's your first player on the bench - and so on.

So any players I have on the bench with points is not included in my running total? How do you check other players in the leagues team?

That was a good game!

So any players I have on the bench with points is not included in my running total? How do you check other players in the leagues team?

Correct, benched players points will not be counted unless one or more in your starting eleven doesn't play that round. For one round only though (whenever you want to play it), you can play the 'Bench boost' chip, which counts every players points - both in the starting eleven and on the bench.

Checking the other players teams in the league is easy: just go to 'Leagues', where you'll find the "Back of the net!" league. Then click 'View leaderboard', and you have access to the teams.

That was a good game!

Correct, benched players points will not be counted unless one or more in your starting eleven doesn't play that round. For one round only though (whenever you want to play it), you can play the 'Bench boost' chip, which counts every players points - both in the starting eleven and on the bench.

Checking the other players teams in the league is easy: just go to 'Leagues', where you'll find the "Back of the net!" league. Then click 'View leaderboard', and you have access to the teams.

I get you i kept substituting players for each day of games dependent on whether there team was playing, hence my points reduction lol

That was a good game!

I get you i kept substituting players for each day of games dependent on whether there team was playing, hence my points reduction lol

I see! Just play your strongest eleven (or depending on fixtures) every round, and you'll be fine.

In the Premier League game you can't substitute players like in this one, so the only players you get points for is the starting eleven you prepare before each round (and automatic substitutions). Guess they do things a bit different with this game given that it only goes on for weeks, not an entire season.

That was a good game!

I see! Just play your strongest eleven (or depending on fixtures) every round, and you'll be fine.

In the Premier League game you can't substitute players like in this one, so the only players you get points for is the starting eleven you prepare before each round (and automatic substitutions). Guess they do things a bit different with this game given that it only goes on for weeks, not an entire season.

Just tried to sub a few players to increase my points tally it won't let me lol its the first time I have played Fantasy Football. It appears to let you sub players before each round starts only.

That was a good game!

Just tried to sub a few players to increase my points tally it won't let me lol its the first time I have played Fantasy Football. It appears to let you sub players before each round starts only.

You can make substitutions for players in the McDonalds FIFA game once the round has started, but only before the players in question have played their match. You can't substitute a low-scoring player who's already played for a player on your bench who's yet to play, for example.
    Belgium penalty before five minutes played!
    2-1 before twenty minutes! This is a goal fest so far!
    Lukaku could have got a penalty there, had he gone down after the contact with the Tunisia keeper. Instead he didn't.
    Belgium made easy work of Tunisia a lesson to England is they must take there chances.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Good game from Belgium, but you should never concede two goals against Tunisia.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Good game from Belgium, but you should never concede two goals against Tunisia.

I lost points in the Fantasy game(s) because of this!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    That is Belgium all over. Against the, so called, lesser teams they can look fantastic. They have a great squad of players so they should. It’s when they come up against the better nations they suffer. They promise much but generally under achieve. Of course, this is just my own opinion, I mean what do I know, my Northern Ireland aren’t at the tournament unfortunately.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Speaking as a Belgian who couldn't care less about football, I'd say you summed things up nicely, @Shark_0f_Largo. ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How is Fotbaldo doing? Did he score lately?
    Will Germany score seven goals again tonight, like they did against Brazil four years ago?
    That is Belgium all over. Against the, so called, lesser teams they can look fantastic. They have a great squad of players so they should. It’s when they come up against the better nations they suffer. They promise much but generally under achieve. Of course, this is just my own opinion, I mean what do I know, my Northern Ireland aren’t at the tournament unfortunately.

Roberto Martinez teams are not renowned for defending that's for sure
    How is Fotbaldo doing? Did he score lately?

Flonaldo you mean? :-) Here is is between Ronaldo (the original one) and Drillo earlier this month!
    1ec03d0c-618b-4c27-bd82-e41d87ff73d4?fit=crop&q=80&w=780
    Isn't that a penalty for Sweden? Not given, that's for sure…

Incredible, Berg was pushed over inside the box!