"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Thats the plan Wiz !

Elneney has played well,mopping up and moving forward well,im glad he has just signed a new contract.

Elneny is a very useful player for Arsenal. One of those players it's just so useful to have. He can play more than one position too, luckily.
    @barryt007 and @Torgeirtrap Southampton were never going to beat you at home, they really are on a poor run, good goal by Danny

True, but you can never be surprised with Arsenal…
    Thats the plan Wiz !

Elneney has played well,mopping up and moving forward well,im glad he has just signed a new contract.

Elneny is a very useful player for Arsenal. One of those players it's just so useful to have. He can play more than one position too, luckily.
    @barryt007 and @Torgeirtrap Southampton were never going to beat you at home, they really are on a poor run, good goal by Danny

True, but you can never be surprised with Arsenal

Spot on ,unfortunately.

I think Southampton,Stoke and WBA are heading down.

Shame re Saints as they really established themselves originally and used to be a pleasure to watch.
    But if you sell sell sell then eventually you are going to be bitten on the arse.

That somehow seems familiar to Arsenal, as well…

Shame re Saints as they really established themselves originally and used to be a pleasure to watch.
    But if you sell sell sell then eventually you are going to be bitten on the arse.

Ive got so many bite marks on my arse from supporting Arsenal that i need 3 cushions to sit down.

Ive got so many bite marks on my arse from supporting Arsenal that i need 3 cushions to sit down.

Hah! Know the feeling! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

When I saw Southampton's line up today I am not surprised they are in trouble, the players they sold in recent years would have made them top four contenders.
    Thats the plan Wiz !

Arsenal had a few good chances to make it 3 - 1 true there suspect defence can concede at any time, Mustaphi looks dodgey at times.

When I saw Southampton's line up today I am not surprised they are in trouble, the players they sold in recent years would have made them top four contenders.
    Thats the plan Wiz !

Arsenal had a few good chances to make it 3 - 1 true there suspect defence can concede at any time, Mustaphi looks dodgey at times.

Mustafi has no strength in him,falls over like a paper bag in the wind ,crap defender.

Danny is having a good game though....Jackie Boy coming on now.
    Welbeck man of the match, so far.

Agreed,followed by Cech and Elneny.

Agreed,followed by Cech and Elneny.

Agree. Lacazette on for Aubameyang, now.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    2-2..

Do i give a shit...hand on heart no i dont,and i mean that,i didnt even react...fuck em.

I hope Saints go on and win actually.

Total apathy.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dear oh dear the commentator jinxed it, Charlie Austin
    Oh, for f**ks sake!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Christ Arsenal are embarrassing.
    Indeed. Mislintat better find some new players for next season.
    Christ Arsenal are embarrassing.

Surely there is a better word than that Wiz....they are worse than that.
    I'm bemused as to why Aubameyang is happy to flush his career down the shitter by signing for this shambles of a club.

The guy is 28 so if he stays he'll be lucky to ever play in the CL again.
    I do love Danny..he is so underused in Wengers shitfest of a team.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,389
    WEEEEEEELBZ!!!!!!! Lovely!!!! Second Iwobi assist today.

That is a miracle in itself.

If Saints play like this then ,with their goal difference ,they have a chance...Stoke and WBA are already gone.

If Saints play like this then ,with their goal difference ,they have a chance...Stoke and WBA are already gone.

That 18th place will be the drama to follow these last matches. I hope Huddersfield stay up, actually. Would be terrific for the club to have a second season in the PL.
    Come on, Jackie! Red for Stephens!
    Elneny red? For what?

That 18th place will be the drama to follow these last matches. I hope Huddersfield stay up, actually. Would be terrific for the club to have a second season in the PL.

Fair point re Huddersfield,but i would love Southampton and Palace to stay up..couldnt give a stuff about Huddersfield or Swansea.

Elneny red card ?? piss off was it...no way.
    Mariner's such a sh*t ref.
    Think Roy wil keep Palace up. Nine lives that club.
    Entertaining game much better than I expected
    giphy.gif
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    John Arne Riise on Goals on Sunday at the moment ,chatting about yesterdays matches and his career ....class player with one hell of a left foot !!

He doesnt even look any older than when he played,looks like he could play now.

I can never forgive him for that Chelsea own goal tbh.
    Good game at the Bridge, shocked to see Moyes getting something from one of his teams. ;))
    Good result I guess as that's another game down and Chelsea haven't closed the gap. And thanks to Southampton's no show last week London FC are staying up anyway so a Chelsea win wouldn't have made any odds.

Everything likely to be done and dusted before the final Saturday isn't it? Top 4 looking almost out of Chelsea's reach and bottom 3 unlikely to change now as Southampton and Stoke are both clueless.

Whether or not Burnley can reel Arsenal in and the fact I've got £20 with a Hammers fan at work that London FC won't finish top half are the only things to be decided now.