Controversial opinions about Bond films

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    CR67 is quite bad, though.

Now I doubt my own sanity. I would say that CR67 is pretty much 007RogerMoores dream Bond film but if hes saying its bad and hes already proved himself to be utterly clueless does that mean CR67 is actually.. good?!?
    Please! I´d even rather watch Austin Powers than CR67.

Now I doubt my own sanity. I would say that CR67 is pretty much 007RogerMoores dream Bond film but if hes saying its bad and hes already proved himself to be utterly clueless does that mean CR67 is actually.. good?!?

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

If CR67 is good, then the world has officially ended, I'm boiling in the melting pots of Hell, DC007 is ruling what's left of the Earth, and God has shaved off his beard and moved to Memphis.
    The guy in that video-- is he on these forums too? I caught one of those reviews just in passing once, and one day when I had the whole place to myself (called in sick) I sat there and watched each one! We agree on a lot (except Thungerball... ouch)
    But seriously- they were great funny videos- like AVGN for Bond
    The guy in that video-- is he on these forums too? I caught one of those reviews just in passing once, and one day when I had the whole place to myself (called in sick) I sat there and watched each one! We agree on a lot (except Thungerball... ouch)
    But seriously- they were great funny videos- like AVGN for Bond

I'm not sure if he is but I certainly enjoy his vids. He rates GE highly too - always a good thing in my book :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Yeah. A pity Brosnan didn´t do one in 2010.

Would have thought you'd have suggested Roger could still do a job in his 80s.

IMO Brosnan could have been Bond from 1995 to 2012. He still looks splendid today,

Or from 1987 to 2012. Moore could have started in 1967 or 1969 and ended in 1985 or 1987.
    SEAN CONNERY SHOULD HAVE BEEN BOND FROM 1930 TO TODAY LAWLZ

;) I like to troll sometimes
    SEAN CONNERY SHOULD HAVE BEEN BOND FROM 1930 TO TODAY LAWLZ

;) I like to troll sometimes

Well he did lose his virginity when he was 8 (apparently) so maybe it would have worked ;) (I've heard that he can't even remember who it was to).
    [. He still looks splendid today,

Pierce cant hear you? He needs his ear trumpet.

Pierce_Brosnan_at_the_2005_Toronto_.jpg
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 11,189
    He doesn't look that bad. I certainly would - and I'm a straight male :p

I like the "cowboy" look. I think that was around the time of Seraphim Falls.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837

Austin Powers is hilarious. I don't get all the hate it gets on here.
    actonsteve wrote:
    He still looks splendid today,

Pierce: Kiiidddsss.... KKIIIDDDDSSS!!!!!

Kids: What dad?

Pierce: Daddy needs you to help him up, he has to go and film the new bond film. It's called, skyfall.

Kids: No dad, you're not James Bond anymore, remember?

Pierce: I.....I....I forgot what I was going to say. KIIIIDDDSSS

Kid: Dad, we're right here.

Pierce: Ahhhhhh, there you are. Help your old man to the toilet will you. Did I ever tell you about the time I was James Bond???

Austin Powers is hilarious. I don't get all the hate it gets on here.

The AP films (especially the first two) are bloody awesome. I'm pretty sure its possible to like AP and Bond. Mike Myers obviously does.

Seems good. I haven´t seen those since I was 12 or 13.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

If CR67 is good, then the world has officially ended, I'm boiling in the melting pots of Hell, DC007 is ruling what's left of the Earth, and God has shaved off his beard and moved to Memphis.

Sean shaved his beard and is in Tennessee?? NO WAY! ;)

Roger shaved his beard and is in Tennessee?? NO WAY! ;)

Fixed it for you. Typos happen to everybody.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

RogerSean shaved his beard and is in Tennessee?? NO WAY! ;)

Fixed it for you. Typos happen to everybody.

As Bond surmises in CR, "why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it?" I have remedied your mistake.

Pierce_Brosnan_at_the_2005_Toronto_.jpg[/quote]

Pierce: Kiiidddsss.... KKIIIDDDDSSS!!!!!

Kids: What dad?

Pierce: Daddy needs you to help him up, he has to go and film the new bond film. It's called, skyfall.

Kids: No dad, you're not James Bond anymore, remember?

Pierce: I.....I....I forgot what I was going to say. KIIIIDDDSSS

Kid: Dad, we're right here.

Pierce: Ahhhhhh, there you are. Help your old man to the toilet will you. Did I ever tell you about the time I was James Bond???[/quote]

Awwww!!! :x :-))
    I think something is driving you, and I´ll never find out what it is. Could it be Moore and Brosnan hate?
    Look out @007RogerMoore, because Brady is a firm Connery fan!
    Yes, I´ve noticed. I´m just playing with him. When I´m finished with him he will bow down to Moore.
    Yes, I´ve noticed. I´m just playing with him. When I´m finished with him he will bow down to Moore.

Wise men don't bow down to mediocrity, so it seems you have already beaten me to it. Bow higher please, Sean can't see your face. Join the Connery is God fan club as well, now that you are initiated and all. We have T-shirts and complementary buttons! ;)
    I have been a big Connery fan, but after a three year break from watching Bond I found that Moore was alot better. When I was 12 it was Connery all the way.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Brosnan looks darn good, even today, folks. Just stating what is obvious to me and many of my friends.

Shouting from the rooftop: I love Connery, Moore and Brosnan! So there. Some of my very favorite films are theirs.

I have a growing love for Craig (respect from the start) and like very much Dalton.

I do not care for Lazenby. Would have been nice to have a second film for him to grow into; I would have tried to keep an open mind.
    Brosnan looks darn good, even today, folks. Just stating what is obvious to me and many of my friends.

Shouting from the rooftop: I love Connery, Moore and Brosnan! So there. Some of my very favorite films are theirs.

I have a growing love for Craig (respect from the start) and like very much Dalton.

I do not care for Lazenby. Would have been nice to have a second film for him to grow into; I would have tried to keep an open mind.
    Yes, It would be nice to see if he could've managed to be less of a misogynistic womanizing pig in a second film.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

Yes, It would be nice to see if he could've managed to be less of a misogynistic womanizing pig in a second film.

... and off the set, too (apparently there was improvement needed there, too)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'd love to see Brosnan in a Bond film looking like that.

It would be the funniest Bond film in history, because nobody could take Bond seriously like that.

It would be the funniest Bond film in history, because nobody could take Bond seriously like that.
    Why not? They took this seriously:
    2286925_640px.jpg?1271456622

Why not? They took this seriously:
    2286925_640px.jpg?1271456622

Stop the Rog bashing. He was a good Bond!!!!!!!!!!