Controversial opinions about Bond films

Comments

If you buy them and send them to me I´ll happily read them. Are you willing to pay (everything)? But from what I have heard, Benson writes the best books.
    VBM398 wrote:
    Take out YOLT and I would like that movie. I have a little problem with YOLT.

By YOLT I meant the scenery, cinematography and final battle scene. That's what I'd take from that film.

Oh. Sorry. Ok, i would watch that film. Nice

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    If you buy them and send them to me I´ll happily read them. Are you willing to pay (everything)? But from what I have heard, Benson writes the best books.

I think we have to face the fact gentlemen that 007RogerMoore is just here to wind people up with statements like that. I for one see nothing that can help him except euthanasia.
    But I´ve heard that Benson´s books are like movie scripts with Brosnan as Bond. Therefore they probably fit me best.
    I´m here to make you understand that Bond is best when he is the way I´ve preached to you.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 1,492
    But I´ve heard that Benson´s books are like movie scripts with Brosnan as Bond. Therefore they probably fit me best.

Nurse! The screens!

I´m sorry, but I don´t get it. Is that statement wrong?
    actonsteve wrote:

Nurse! The screens!

:)) =)) =)) :-))
    Why can't Bond be both??? Why can't he bleed, and get bruised and make mistakes, but also crack the odd one liner and use a gadget or two??? That's my dream bond. The closest I got was LTK.

That's my ideal Bond as well @thelivingroyale

OHMSS, FYEO, & LTK are best for that sort of thing!

Yeah, I really hope they do this for Skyfall.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jolearon wrote:
    Batman movies are all the same, action movie, whatever.
    How many Iron Man movies have you seen over the years...
    (guess they got it right)
    DC FAIL. (unless you have a celebrity death to promote your film)
    Marvel. Win.
    Just my opinion. The End.
    jolearon wrote:
    :-t
    Well... just a little factoid here...
    Iron Man the movie was way better then Batman....
    Even the concept as you were explaining... =;
    Let's just break it down real quick...
    Tony Stark doesn't have to hide his face, living in the shadows, he just kicks their @$$.
    He also has way better gadgets and being a playboy is a bad thing? Um... [NEWSFLASH] No, it's not. And then.... well you know what, I'll just stop there.. theres no point.
    There's no contest.

2008s best Action film, Iron Man.
    Second QOS.

That Batman movie was overrated, and wouldn't have been near as popular as is was if Heath hadn't died in real life before the opening... Sad over all, but that doesn't make the movie better than another just for sympathy. Sure, you may not think of it as sympathy, but how else did you hear about it in the first place..

[ON THE NEWS] "Heath Ledger, whos playing the villain in the next upcoming Batman film has died today.... "
    Don't forget Iron Man. That movie kicked ass.

Tony Stark has nothing on Bruce Wayne. Both rich boys, but Tony is the shallow playboy drinker for real, while Bruce only uses that as a facade to hide his real identity alongside being tormented by the deaths of his parents that drive his vigilante conquest. I'll take Bruce over Tony any day of the week.

Had to be vented.
    Moving on.

First of all, The Dark Knight isn't even an action film. Calling it that is an insult. Iron Man can shoot off rockets all day, but no comic book movie franchise can match the depth and drama that the Nolan Batman films embody. And secondly, saying that TDK wouldn't be as popular if Heath wouldn't have died is absolute tripe. TDK isn't this popular because of Heath dying, that's complete hogwash. It is renowned because Heath gave a truly chilling, haunting, frightening, and down-right nightmarish performance. TDK is better than all the rest because it took itself seriously and finally gave us a comic book film that, like Batman Begins, surmounted the tropes of the comics lore and showed us a superhero film can be just as serious and deep as the award winning drama. TDK gives us an ordinary man fighting to save his loved ones and the very city of Gotham from a crazy psychopath who stops at nothing to watch the city burn. It is because of Heath taking the role so seriously that we get such a terror-inducing and memorable portrayal of Joker. TDK isn't held with such high regard out of sympathy. That's ludicrous. Heath's masterpiece IS this film, all culminating in a short life, but a life that showed us how much talent he had. TDK may be labeled by some as a simple action film, but that is so wrong. We have drama, emotion, depth, complexity, horror, and the feeling that it is all happening in front of us, like we are in Gotham feeling the pain of the city. TDK showed all the comic books films preceding and following it that they need to step their game up. Nolan, Bale and company will keep the Oscar seats warm, because no comic book film will ever reach their level. Heath put his heart and soul into that performance, and calling his acclaim sympathetic and only due to the fact that he died is complete treason. He deserves every accolade, every single plaque and medal. He deserved that Oscar dead or alive, and made a legacy for himself that will outlive us all through this brilliant performance. His time as the Joker may have been short, but we have that film to watch over and over, to show us what it looks like when an actor truly gives all of himself to a role. He has been cemented forever in the minds of Batman fans and filmgoers alike, making us smile at his craft, shriek at his horrific portrayal, and clap in the honor of him as the credits roll all in the space of a few hours. I have never sat in the theatre and cheered for the villain, but with TDK I couldn't help but smile at how happy Heath's devotion to his work in the acting profession made me. His legacy will truly outlive him, and deservedly so. And THAT isn't overrated.

You obviously haven't seen the same films I've seen. And you know that the fact that there hasn't been Iron Man films until 2008 isn't a point in its favor, right? It shows an inability to do anything experimental with the product, success or failure, like in Joel Schumacher's case when he directed his Batman films. Those pieces of garbage aside, Burton brought us two great Batman films and now Nolan is spoiling us with his brilliant vision of Gotham. TDK challenges you as a filmgoer, while Iron Man, while great, lacks that complexity. Iron Man 1 and 2 only have 3 Oscar nods between them, while TDK got a solid 8 with one film, winning two of them. And that's only at the Oscars. When all was said and done TDK received over 100 accolades, and that is something magnificent. MARVEL FAIL. DC win. END OF STORY.
    In fairness to 007RogerMoore Batman & Robin IS funny. I rewatched it recently and laughed fairly hard at it ;)
    I'd love to direct a Bond movie !! But I think 95% of the members here would kill me after seeing the end result... IMO if I directed one of the films, it'd be a mix of YOLT, TMWTGG, FRWL and TLD.

That actually sounds pretty cool. TWMTGG is great, FRWL is great, YOLT is decent enough, and TLD is the 3rd best bond film of all time. So a mix of these would be awesome!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    In fairness to 007RogerMoore Batman & Robin IS funny. I rewatched it recently and laughed fairly hard at it ;)
    You must not be a die-hard Batman fan. Me, my friend, and thousands of other fan boys all pretend it never happened. I never had a kill list until I saw that thing. Joel Schumacher was the first person I added, and after that there was no stopping it.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    You must not be a die-hard Batman fan. Me, my friend, and thousands of other fan boys all pretend it never happened. I never had a kill list until I saw that thing. Joel Schumacher was the first person I added, and after that there was no stopping it.

What? Arnold and Clooney both give the performance of their lives!
    BAIN123 wrote:

Oh Christ...please tell me you are kidding. I come to this forum to release tension, yet this thread has made me implode too many times.
    Seriously, 007RogerMoore give the Fleming books a go. They are an easy read and move along quickly. The only drawback is the fifties setting and geopolitics - but if you are interested in the Cold War you will enjoy them.

And often SPECTRE are the villains.
    actonsteve wrote:
    Seriously, 007RogerMoore give the Fleming books a go. They are an easy read and move along quickly. The only drawback is the fifties setting and geopolitics - but if you are interested in the Cold War you will enjoy them.

They sound good and everything...We will see.

• edited March 2012 Posts: 1,082
    BAIN123 wrote:

Oh Christ...please tell me you are kidding. I come to this forum to release tension, yet this thread has made me implode too many times.

I´m not kidding, Arnold has so many great one-liners, like "My name is Mr.Freeze. Learn it well, cause it´s the chilling sound of your doom". And his laugh when he is in the ice-car is great.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    actonsteve wrote:

Geopolitics, the Cold War?? You are making a serious mistake if you think 007RogerMoore is interested in anything but sharks with fricking lasers on them.

actonsteve wrote:

Geopolitics, the Cold War?? You are making a serious mistake if you think 007RogerMoore is interested in anything but sharks with fricking lasers on them.

Well YOLT is a cold war movie and it´s great. Same with TSWLM.

Which of the sixties films do you like 007RogerMoore?

BAIN123 wrote:

I´m not kidding, Arnold has so many great one-liners, like "My name is Mr.Freeze. Learn it well, cause it´s the chilling sound of your doom". And his laugh when he is in the ice-car is great.

That's right, you don't like proper dramatic films. Never mind. I leave this thread unsurprised, but with many self applied hits to the face at the sight of some people's views on here. They are your opinions, yes, but as @DC007 put it oh so perfectly, it is also my opinion to think you are absolute bloody off your rocker bats**t crazy for thinking that.
    actonsteve wrote:

Damn straight. Must be a Michael Bay fan to- Just forget I asked that...
    actonsteve wrote:

DN is good. FRWL is pretty good too, but is one of my least favorites. GF is a little better than DN, same with TB. YOLT vastly superior to the others, while OHMSS is just after FRWL. CR67 is quite bad, though.

Who is Michael Bay?
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 11,189
    BAIN123 wrote:

:)) :)) :))

I'm guessing Lee Tamahori and Halle Berry aren't far behind ;)

In fairness I'm not a hardcore Batman fan though obviously I've seen all the films several times.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joel+schumacher+apologizes+for+batman+and+robin&oq=joel+sch&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=youtube-psuggest.3.1.0l10.19504l21552l0l23136l8l7l0l0l0l0l305l1447l0j4j1j2l7l0.

That's right, you don't like proper dramatic films. Never mind. I leave this thread unsurprised, but with many self applied hits to the face at the sight of some people's views on here. They are your opinions, yes, but as @DC007 put it oh so perfectly, it is also my opinion to think you are absolute bloody off your rocker bats**t crazy for thinking that.

Of course you can think so. It doesn´t bother me at all.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

:)) :)) :))

I'm guessing Lee Tamahori and Halle Berry aren't far behind ;)

In fairness I'm not a hardcore Batman fan though obviously I've seen all the films several times.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joel+schumacher+apologizes+for+batman+and+robin&oq=joel+sch&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=youtube-psuggest.3.1.0l10.19504l21552l0l23136l8l7l0l0l0l0l305l1447l0j4j1j2l7l0.

:))
    I never knew that! HAHAHA that is hilarious. But Michael Bay apologized for Transformers 2, then gave us an equally s****y Transformers 3, so Joel's apology means nothing to me. Hitler could've closed down all the interment camps he wanted and sent out money to all the people who had to deal with the deaths of their loved ones at the hands of his regime, and you still can't forget the monster he was and forgive his atrocities. I'd have put him on my kill list too, but I have settled on placing him on my bucket list. The plan is to find a statue of him and piss on it.
    Who is Michael Bay?

:O BLESS YOU SIR! BLESS YOU! FORGET I EVEN SAID HIS NAME! ALL IS FORGIVEN! BLESS YOU! ^:)^

DN is good. FRWL is pretty good too, but is one of my least favorites. GF is a little better than DN, same with TB. YOLT vastly superior to the others, while OHMSS is just after FRWL. CR67 is quite bad, though.

Well, I was going to suggest FRWL as the opening paragraph has a young Russian female masseur stripping off when she gets sweaty - that might perk and keep your interest.

Otherwise I suggest Dr No because that is a traditional wicked villain on a secret island storyline or Thunderball which has lots of action.

Give them a try and report back to us.

You can start a thread headed "and so I gave the books and try and guess what..."

edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    ^
    Reading things in order is always the best case I find. But to each his/her own.
    I looked up Michael Bay and I´ve seen Armageddon, The Rock and Pearl Harbor. He doesn´t seem to be the kind of director I like. Those films are passable, but not great.