Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote:
    OK, so today, 11 December 2013 marks my first anniversary as the member Dragonpol on MI6 Community and I just wanted to say what a great year this has been. This has been the best forum I have ever been a part of so I extend my thanks to all those responsible for making this place what it is - the directors, moderatrors and members of MI6 Community. It truly is a community in every possible sense of the word. Thanks to one and all for making it so. We really do have something very special going on here. My 3511 posts can't be wrong and should tell us all something about the greatness of this place.

Happy anniversary and agree to everything. Triple reason to celebrate. A good friend is returning to Norway today after several months of exile in Spain, and it is my birthday as well. In ancient times, this date was known as "The Devil s Birthday" here in Norway, as it was the day for collecting taxes.

Thank you, @Thunderfinger. Happy Birthday to you and thanks for that little tidbit on the Devil!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thanks a lot, and see you tomorrow perhaps. The celebration will be modest. I think.
    Thanks a lot, and see you tomorrow perhaps. The celebration will be modest. I think.

Certainly. I'm all for modesty.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Happy Anniversary to you, @Dragonpol; we are happy to have you with us. It's hard to believe it has been a year already. Be sure to have two Vesper martinis, one for you and the other for me. ;)

Happy Birthday, @Thunderfinger! I hope the celebrations are devilishly fun.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,471
    Happy Anniversary, @Dragonpol! As I've said in the past, I'm more than happy to have you here as a friend on the forums.

@Thunderfinger, happy birthday!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Happy B-day, @Thunderfinger!!
    Happy Birthday @Thunderfinger and Happy MI6 Anniversary @Dragonpol
    Thank you all for the birthday greetings. No , it was not devillish fun .A very dear friend of mine recently lost her younger brother to diabetes. That made me sad, but then my friend who had been away for a long time in Spain and Serbia showed up with beer, and it turned out a mixed evening. Devillish yes. A light gleam, too. Terrible evening as well a nice one. Life persists. Death still sucks. Still, thank you all, I appreciate it.
    Thank you for all the happy anniversary thoughts. Very sad to hear of the death of your friend's brother, @Thunderfinger, but I hope you had a good birthday anyhow.
    March 7th
    - 1982: Darth Dimi is born.
    - 2005: Darth Dimi joins the old forum.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy birthday, and congratulations on the 9 year forum anniversary, Dimi. =D>
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Happy birthday Dimi :)

9th MI6 anniversary for me too! (March 5th)

:O)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Happy birthday/anniversary, @Dimi! You're one of the many chief reasons to come to the forums every day, and I look forward to interacting with you for many years to come.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Past midnight here so I've missed it now but happy birthday Dimi and happy anniversary Disco!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Happy Birthday @DarthDimi! <:-P
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Many happy returns to you @DarthDimi , you've been a major selling point to these forums for as long as I can remember.
    And congratulations to yourself and @DiscoVolante on your anniversaries and for making these forums so enjoyable. Without the likes of members like yourselves I know I probably wouldn't have stayed around so long. Long may you continue to post.
    Cheers guys.
    Best Wishes @Dimi (and for all other anniversaries)

Hope you're having a great day
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy Birthday, old friend! I wish you all the best.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Happy birthday Dimi and congrats on another year.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Hey, Happy Birthday, Dimi! I didn't realize it.
    Hope 2014 is a grand one for you. :)

Congrats for all anniversaries, too.
    Thanks folks! I can't believe it myself, to be honest. 9 years... wow.

@DiscoVolante, great anniversary yourself, mate. :-)
    Happy Birthday @Dimi. May all your wishes come TRUE ;)
    Belated Happy Birthday, @Darth. Hope you had a good one.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    To one of our most beloved and respected members:
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs

Sixty today, ladies and hoodlums.
    I joined the old forum 7 years ago in 2007 sometime in April,buggered if i can remember when,so it's an anniversary ...*scratches head*.
    The magic number 7. Happy anniversary to you as well, pal!
    The magic number 7. Happy anniversary to you as well, pal!

Ta very much !!

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'm clearly not paying attention. First off, @Darth, happy belated birthday! then there's the celebration of one of the old fa...ns! @Beatles, some new earmuffs for you!
    And finally, @Barryt, 007 years of service, congrats! They ought to give you a medal for that!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 14,875
    A very happy birthday to @BeatlesSansEarmuffs hoping you have a suitably Bondesque day with a martini, and some puss...good times.
    And of course congratulations to the ever wonderful @barryt007. Seven years is a fine achievement, but the fact that you're a bloomin' legend makes it even more so.
    Always a pleasure to see the both of you fine gents on line.
    Thanks very much Rossy and Benster for such nice words...i feel quite humble.

:\">