Question about images and copyright

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Excellent. You are officially recruited.

This is mine:
    Spectre_James_Bond_Ring__60931.jpg

That's @Thunderfinger's:
    Live-bidding-in-London-will-start-at-5700-on-this-gold-ring-a-critical-piece-in-the-Spectre-plot-that-was-worn-by-the-villain-Oberhauser-played-by-actor-Christoph-Waltz-The-ring-is-9-carat-yellow-gold-with-a-7-tentacle-octopus-logo-imprinted-in-it-.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Splendid. So what shall we gossip about?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The mods. What is your opinion, @Murdock? Relax, it isn t a trap. Just relax. You feel very relaxed now, in a happy place.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Don't worry, it's not a hypnosis either.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 16,330
    @Thunderfinger, I like them, I respect what they do and thankful for their services. We might not share all the same opinions but I think they do a good job here. I've never had any problems with them.
    By the way, it is a good idea to use spoiler tags from here on out.
    I think I understand your codespeak. This can work.
    Right! @jake24,
    splendid idea!
    No, guess what?

The bastards made it so that spoilers don t show up unspoiled in the "last comments" section on your page. @jake24, @Murdock, this calls for revenge.
    What do you mean @Thunderfinger?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 45,489
    I discovered a weakness. Not many people will check the second last page on the forum, but if you go to someone s personal page and click on "Comments", all the latest comments can be seen.

That is why this isn t totally secret and safe. Spoiler tags get removed in that section. Those fiendish mods can still see what you wrote. If they are curious enough about you to check just that.

So gentlemen, I suggest that any sensitive ideas get posted at the end of the post, as the "comments" section only shows the beginning of each post. You have to click on it to read the whole thing, then you get taken straight to this secret garden.

And let s hope it doesn t suddenly bump. Then we are in deep shit.
    My defence will be that the Russians hacked me.
    I suggest you say the same, @jake24 and @Murdock.
    A cracking idea, @Thunderfinger. Make it seem like you're talking about Bond for 2-3 lines, then cut to the real stuff.
    Bond is love. Bond is life. In anycase, If this place is compromised we can just go to the Hildebrand.
    I made a facebook chat page a while back. It's a bit dead at the moment but if either of you have facebook I'd be happy to add you.
    SPECTRE is a highly underrated but fundamentally flawed film, and I enjoy myself immensely whenever I rewatch it
    I never use my Facebook, this is much better.
    I agree it's a good old fun romp. I really like.
    I made it back when tensions got really high around here. But things have calmed down greatly so I barely use it now but it does have quite a few members from here on there.
    The only thing missing in SPECTRE is Max the Parrot.
    I am not on facebook either. It is owned by the Satanic intellignce services.
    And The James Bond theme. :))
    Alrighty then it will stay dead.
    Yes. The Satanic IS is also why I have begun to avoid all of Tom Cruise's films.
    So has the copyright on Wint and Kidd expired in Canada yet?
    I think Birdleson should be considered for membership.He can be a little cranky when he is sober, but he is ok.
    I wish Wint and Kidd lived on to be in the Moore Era, could you imagine them in Moonraker? :))
    No objections from me. I'm friends with him. Good guy.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,588
    As far as I am concerned, Wint and Kidd remain in the public domain.
    I'm considering it.
    Seems like there is a copyright on everything these days. It s so lazy.
    He will have to send us a few grams as admission fee
    Oh, without a doubt.
    People are too sloppy when it comes to posting copyrighted material. I see many use them in their avatars even, I would never dream of something so obviously evil.
    So is it time to bring aboard another rebel here,@Murdock, @jake24 ? Who should we place our trust in?
    People are too sloppy when it comes to posting copyrighted material. I see many use them in their avatars even, I would never dream of something so obviously evil.
    So is it time to bring aboard another rebel here,@Murdock, @jake24 ? Who should we place our trust in?
    Your call.
    All right. Here is how I rank them.

%
    "
    ()
    "#
    )=

Those last two are interchangable.
    Pssst, @Tokoloshe. We found a safe place where the mods don t interfere. If you have any quibbles, or just want to talk behind someone s back, come on over and join us.

I don't think the mentions work when in spoiler tags. But I second that notion.
    Yes, they do. He has gone offline.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Any of you wanting to add me on Facebook, in particular the Guess the Character crowd, are welcome to:

https://www.facebook.com/stewartholden
    As far as I know the regular copyright expires in 2034...

That s just another 18 years. Looking forward to see what happens then. I am talking about the litterary Bond now, obviously.
    @Tokoloshe, you and @Murdock should team up on facebook. @jake24 and yours humbly stay far away from that diabolical platform. But it is nice of you to ask.