Question about images and copyright

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Aka the Quantumfoam rarity.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Or not.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm guessing that Brady's been too busy typing to notice his invitation here.
    giphy.gif
    That's probably how he types, really.
    I've messaged him about it.
    I've messaged him about it.

Oh, dangerous. Our cover could be blown!
    Doesn t matter. This is just a diversion. The real stuff is elsewhere.
    Doesn t matter. This is just a diversion. The real stuff is elsewhere.

Where is elsewhere?
    If you can find it, you can join.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If it contains drugs and women, sign me up!
    And tea and toast. If so, I'm there already.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow. Came in here expecting to debate on the side of fair use for Bond images on the web and this forum, but didn't expect an initiation into both the deep web and the secret society of MI6 members that meets and talks underneath the pile of threads on the main pages.
    No, there isn t enough room for his posts here.

You sonuva... Dammit, you're right. A man can't argue with the facts. Though I could, in a brutal, legally supported and scathing 10,000 word essay laying out why long posts represent a better sense of respect in a member and a greater interest and thirst for deep and enriching discourse in a forum environment.
    Go ahead and invite him. Just make sure he understands about the death penalty.

Oh, crap. I didn't even get a chance to be warned about this, nor did I even get to be deceived by the fine print on a form that contradicted all the things I would've agreed to in signing. What a gip.
    giphy.gif
    That's probably how he types, really.

Actually, it's more like this:

giphy.gif

The only way for me to write my novels on the forum without taking a day to craft and proofread each is to have a system of robot fingers tapping away whatever their robot "brain" reads in my mind through a sensor inserted at the base of my brain. Pretty complex stuff, so I won't bother you with the details.
    Well, anyway. Welcome.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So...any theories on why this doesn't bump? I didn't see Nikki van der Zyl mentioned anywhere. Though this does look to be a balmy thread that went off its rocker as far as content and focus goes.
    Welcome, Brady!
    So...any theories on why this doesn't bump? I didn't see Nikki van der Zyl mentioned anywhere. Though this does look to be a balmy thread that went off its rocker as far as content and focus goes.

I really don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 28,694

I really don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.
    Well, the mods seem to have the ability to "shut off" threads, thereby making them unable to bump no matter how many new posts it gets or if it's renamed. This was perhaps proven by how the van der Zyl thread magically started working after it didn't for a long while, despite the fact that the mods said they had no control in whether a thread bumped or not.

There must be a tool in the mod's tool belt to shut off threads, as we have seen two major cases of this happening in threads that don't exactly support their view of things; the van der Zyl thread created a lot of fighting over the power or actions of the mods and this copyright thread exposes very fast and loose rules that don't make sense. I assume that the mods didn't want the discussion of copyright to go on here, and shut it down to avoid it being brought up again. Which makes sense, as the "rules" or standards about copyright use that is employed by the forum is on the whole pretty erroneous and not well backed up by actual copyright law surrounding fair use. It's in their interest to make discussion die surrounding it, hoping it would quiet itself, and so they shut it off.

The real irony is that a thread arguing for censorship of members is now the secret, uncensored meeting place of those very same members. You couldn't write this stuff.

Anyway, on to other, more delicate and bothersome matters. @Thunderfinger, I'm fully prepared to honor your rank as lead commander here, but there are some protocols of yours that I find lacking in their rationality and execution (you'll find this choice of word rather fitting in a moment).

Of course I am referring to this directive of yours, issued a few months back:
    Forget him, then. How about you, Ed83? I need you to "retire" Brady. If you can do that, you are welcome in our band of rebels. Don t tell anyone this thread exists.
    I have thrice been requested to join this group, but the first two times I had no idea I was linked in the discussion or offered an invitation at all; the alert got lost in the ever flowing notifications on the forum that I get daily. I didn't read about this secret place and think about turning everyone in, nor did I think to work as a double for the mods to get you all dead to rights; I simply didn't see the message and that was the extent of it. Imagine my great surprise, then, when a certain Ed83 came to my door one night with a loaded and silenced Beretta, promising to shoot me dead and saying something along the lines of, "Thunderfinger doesn't want you to take this personal." It's only my luck that you sent such a weak and inexperienced gunsel to off me, as I was able to get him close enough to reach out, grasp the silenced barrel and whip my other elbow back to bust his nose and crack his glasses, making him delirious. He was so terrified after our short scuffle that he hauled off and ran tearfully away, never to be seen again. I've since sent an encrypted message to him, ordering him to stay away from that line of work and me entirely. I didn't like the situation I was put in, not only as an innocent man, but as one who doesn't like guns or killing. I was vexed, you understand?

The point being, I was nearly forced to kill a man I had no quibbles with simply because you thought I was a traitor when, in reality, I just missed a message linking me here. I am curious how many other innocent and well-meaning members you've assassinated, when they posed no danger to letting the truth of this place out. Rather sloppy work for a commander, I must say, and although I know you have a penchant for theater and high antics, there must be a line drawn. I would elect that myself or another of us takes the executions workload off of you, so that we can look at certain members and see if they are truly worth silencing, or if, like me, they are innocent and unknowing. No need to spill blood where it needn't be spilled, correct?
    @JonahHex took care of Ed after that sorry affair. Careful now, Brady.
    @JonahHex took care of Ed after that sorry affair. Careful now, Brady.

I'm sure you didn't hear much from Jonah after giving him that job, either. Possibly because I was lying in wait at Ed's flat with a loaded gun of my own, and eliminated that particular problem for good. For a man who had a western-styled moniker, Hex was a piss poor shot.

Careful now, Thundy, and tame your executioners before more trouble gets brewed. I don't want my moniker to be Mr. Clean as a result, running around fixing what you've made a mess of.
    This JonahHex fellow doesn't seem to exist.
    I think we should all write a book together.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    This JonahHex fellow doesn't seem to exist.

No, not anymore. Ed83 owes me a future deed.
    Enjoy your morning coffee.

Now where did I place my uranium powder?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Enjoy your morning coffee.

Now where did I place my uranium powder?

I detest coffee. It's tea or nothing.
    He's a teetotaler people! Everybody knows that. Or a least they should. One of Brady's most important traits.
    He's a teetotaler people! Everybody knows that. Or a least they should. One of Brady's most important traits.

I am too, by the way. Didn't know Brady was. Probably why he's so fluent all the time!
    Does a drink every 6 months count?
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I am too, by the way. Didn't know Brady was. Probably why he's so fluent all the time!

@Dragonpol, I've been a lifelong teetotaler and, no exaggeration, I think I've drank as much or possibly more tea in my time than the average Brit. Even as a kid, I was subconsciously more drawn to British culture than American, and that connection remains today in ways beyond beverage of choice and has formed into moral, cultural and psychological symmetry as well.

The tea vs. coffee debate has always been a strange one to me, as only one choice made sense. I'm just not a fan of coffee, or the overall coffee drinking community, folks who can find a way to be elitist and/or dramatic about something as trivial as a beverage. College brought me into contact with a lot of unstable and loony folks who just couldn't make it through the morning without their regimented three cups of coffee, lest life be too great a turmoil for them to face. I tried not to roll my eyes and just averted my attention from them in their subhuman, coffeeless state.

I've found that coffee drinking puts one into a dependent mindset, where you need the coffee to function after a while, and that's a path I don't care to take. Tea doesn't make you nutty, it's simply something pleasant to have a few times a day at the right hour or any hour. You can have a cup when you get up, at breakfast, lunch, dinner, before bed, whenever. If you drink coffee all day you look a total nut. On top of that, I find tea to be as close to the elixir of life as any beverage out there, but you won't find me vocalizing the greatness of tea as coffee drinkers seem to do about their liquid drug.

Tea is also more simple, elegant and respectable as a drink. Coffee drinkers labor over what size of coffee they want, what spices they need, how much milk/cream they want to add, what flavors they need, etc, such that it becomes a hilarious project to watch these people make up their mind about a simple drink. Teas already come in simple, straightforward and non-pretentious tea bags, and you can pop them in your cup, warm it, add what sugar you need, stir and call it a day. No drama, no theatrics, so much saved time. And we don't have to worry about being a zombie if we don't have it every morning. ;)
    Tea is the winner for me as well. Just had a cup of peppermint tea with honey as I read that.