ACTOR/ACTRESS Appearances!!!!

Comments

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited January 2017 Posts: 3,347
    Two years ago I was at the Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Maryland to meet George Lazenby (story on page 3!). Today I returned to see the wonderful Luciana Paluzzi and Britt Ekland!

My friend and I first walked around the facility. The upper floor has a few vendors - one who was there two years ago with a massive poster collection including a few dozen Bond related. The downstairs have many more vendors with all kinds of movie memorabilia and merchandise from years past. The setup is quite intimate and organized. This continues to be a gem of a conference as it is pretty small, reasonably priced ($20 entrance fee), and helpful & friendly staff.

Anyway now to the good stuff!

I bought a TMWTGG daybill for Britt to sign from a pleasant chap who gave me a discount and after a few minute conversation it was onto meet the stars of the day!

Arriving at Luciana and Britt's station, they had a line of about 5-6 people. Another perk of this conference is that the lines are pretty short and so you can see them up close and personal, even if you are not intending to buy an autograph or get a picture (Unlike the many comic cons which have privacy curtains and lines out the door!)

Luciana was first, and what a treat she was! How perfect that an actress so evil in her portrayal of a Bond villain, ends up being one of the nicest genuine stars I've met thus far. After a brief 2-3 minute conversation between my friend, Luciana, and myself talking about the convention, Bond, and other chit chat, I asked if we could pose for a picture with her and Britt. Behind the vendor tables this would be the first time we met Britt, so we exchanged pleasantries as the manager got the camera ready for the photo. Britt was very nice taking time to introduce herself (of course we know you!) and asking us our names and where we were from before having our picture taken.

Luciana signed a photo of her and Sean from Thunderball and I thanked her for the great experience and that it made my day. At this point, she said "Oh i'm so glad to hear! In that case, you deserve a kiss". I imagine after that my face likely turned redder than my goatee :D

Next was Britt. She was happy to see I had a poster (I didn't mention that I had bought it 20 minutes earlier) and signed as we continued to talk for a few more minutes. We both thanked her once more and were on our way after another successful journey!

14291769_10101127254070696_7015231845764124158_n.jpg?oh=4c686a50915e0a81356778f4a62b6292&oe=5948A7C0
  • Great stuff Moose!
    Thanks! @Crazysoul95

For those in the states, one more upcoming appearance:

Julian Glover - Grand Rapids Comic Con in Michigan Oct 21-23, 2016
    Great story @Moose !
    Thanks for sharing and for the awesome photo
    Personally, I don't think I could have handled meeting Brit. I would have fainted.
    She's one of my all-time favourite Bond Girls
    One of the great blonde beauties of all time.
    I love every line , every scene she is in in Gun.
    "you bloody well would"
    Great to see both girls are still working the looks that made them famous too.
    The flaming redhead and and the lustrous blonde.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    timmer wrote: »
    We can't feel silly. They played us good. Frost seemed so nice and sweet - a good earnest Mi6 agent, while poor Elektra was kidnapped by slimey Renard who killed her daddy. Who could have imagined they were really cold as ice
    And then there was Log Cabin Girl in TSWLM pts. All snugly and frisky. But as soon as Bond turns his back, she turns all killer-helper.
    Hitchcock and the great noir filmmakers have nothing on Bond.
    I did manage to pick off Onatopp as bad girl though. Something in her face. Seemed like she wanted to run Bond off the road. And I nailed Helga Brandt right away too, although the fact she worked for Osato might have been a giveaway ;)

Yess and their angel faces didn't help to make us see their true colors. Xenia was obvious she seemed suspicious right from the beginning, just like Helga and Fiona

Moose that is a fantastic picture! :-bd
  • Good picture Moose (tho shame about the Liverpool shirt ! ) . I met Britt many years ago , and agree she was very pleasant. I think most of the Bond girls I have met have been the same. If your polite they are always happy to chat. Non -Bond related, but the most miserable looking I saw was Paul Gascoigne at the NEC in Birmingham. Basically put me off getting his signature.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 3,347
    Sorry for your bad experience @MrBenn. Never fun to have a bad celebrity encounter.

I never understood celebrities that go to these events and are mean to the guests. The fans are coming to see you and you have to expect some level of chaos. I have to imagine it is uncomfortable for many having to deal with rabid fans and there are certainly those that overstep their boundaries. But for the most party, they know what they are signing up for. With the exception of past celebrities that are broke and doing it just for the money to make a living (those I mostly just feel bad for), why would you sign up for it unless you enjoyed interacting with the fans.

To those JB fans in the New York area, on December 3rd and 4th, George Lazenby and Virginia Hey will be at WinterCon. Details contained in the link below for those interested:

http://www.nywintercon.com/index.php/guests
    A few updates for those in the states interested in meeting Bond actors/actresses:

March 17-18: Salt Lake Comic Con in Salt Lake City, Utah - John Rhys-Davies
    April 7-9: CyPha Con in Lake Charles, Louisiana - Julian Glover
    April 21-23: Chiller Theatre in Parsippany, NJ - Caroline Munro & Martine Beswick
    September 14-16: Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Hunt Valley, MD - Maud Adams
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Fiona Fullerton is to present at this event.
    http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2017/the-music-of-bond/
    An update for September 14-16: Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Hunt Valley, MD - Maud Adams, Maryam D'Abo, and Max Vesterhalt will now be appearing. Great opportunity for East Coast US Bond fans!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    An update for September 14-16: Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Hunt Valley, MD - Maud Adams, Maryam D'Abo, and Max Vesterhalt will now be appearing. Great opportunity for East Coast US Bond fans!

I've tried to attend this twice and every year I seem to miss it. Didn't recognize Vesterhalt's name, I'm guessing this is her?

http://cdn.moviestillsdb.com/sm/39ec84a25f604c79fade7c35c687c0e2/for-your-eyes-only.jpg

Good opportunity indeed. Have been lucky enough already to have met Maud and Maryam here in the UK.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I've tried to attend this twice and every year I seem to miss it. Didn't recognize Vesterhalt's name, I'm guessing this is her?

http://cdn.moviestillsdb.com/sm/39ec84a25f604c79fade7c35c687c0e2/for-your-eyes-only.jpg

Yep, I didn't notice it at first either. According to IMDB it's her only acting credit. Hope to see you there this year @Creasy47
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Good opportunity indeed. Have been lucky enough already to have met Maud and Maryam here in the UK.

Always jealous of the more frequent opportunities of Bond related conventions in the UK @RogueAgent :)
    I hope I can make it! I'll try my hardest, still have yet to meet a Bond actor. Pretty cool for Vesterhalt to come out to conventions for only one film she did almost 40 years ago.
    I hope I can make it! I'll try my hardest, still have yet to meet a Bond actor. Pretty cool for Vesterhalt to come out to conventions for only one film she did almost 40 years ago.

Your 007 life isn't complete until you meet a Bond actor/actress, @Creasy47 me olde matey....

barryt007 wrote: »

Your 007 life isn't complete until you meet a Bond actor/actress, @Creasy47 me olde matey....

Too true. One day, Barry, one day. I'm going to try to make it to this but with my luck, it won't pan out as usual.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339

Too true. One day, Barry, one day. I'm going to try to make it to this but with my luck, it won't pan out as usual.

Well I cant ever meet the one Bond actor I spent time with and shook his hand many times,had personal messages in signed books etc ,and even bumped into once again and chatted for over 15 mins randomly and he remembered me :

Sir Roger Moore .

Well I cant ever meet the one Bond actor I spent time with and shook his hand many times,had personal messages in signed books etc ,and even bumped into once again and chatted for over 15 mins randomly and he remembered me :

Sir Roger Moore .

That's unfortunate indeed, but at least you still have those memories to cherish for the rest of your days. I'm sure that was an incredibly special moment, I would've freaked out to some extent meeting any of the lead Bond actors.
    For some reason, any of the shows/cons near me almost never have Bond guests even in years of new Bond films. They seem heavy on actors from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Walking Dead, which I care nothing about.

My one fortunate experience to meet and get autographs from a Bond star was Richard Kiel in 2013, which wasn't long before his passing. He was the gentle giant everyone had always mentioned and he not just signed my photos but took a selfie with me squeezing my head. His wife was also very friendly and talkative, which I appreciated as I got an autograph from another star who didn't even look up or acknowledge me.

John Rhys Davies was supposed to be at the same show but had to cancel.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    BT3366 wrote: »
    For some reason, any of the shows/cons near me almost never have Bond guests even in years of new Bond films. They seem heavy on actors from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Walking Dead, which I care nothing about.

My one fortunate experience to meet and get autographs from a Bond star was Richard Kiel in 2013, which wasn't long before his passing. He was the gentle giant everyone had always mentioned and he not just signed my photos but took a selfie with me squeezing my head. His wife was also very friendly and talkative, which I appreciated as I got an autograph from another star who didn't even look up or acknowledge me.

John Rhys Davies was supposed to be at the same show but had to cancel.

That's a special moment right there meeting the big man and getting a selfie in a 'Jaws' situation with him - wow !!

I must admit from what I have heard on here,i don't think many of the majority of all the actors in the films,from the smallest part to Bond himself are pre-Madonnas,they always seem to have time for their fans.

Some updated appearances for those in the Philadelphia/NJ areas:

Sean Bean (006 Alec Trevelyan)
    Philadelphia Comic Con - May 19-20
    https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/philadelphia

Dave Bautista (Hinx)
    Philadelphia Comic Con - May 19th Only

Jeremy Bulloch (Smithers - Q's Assistant in FYEO and OP)
    Oaks Philly Comic Con - April 27-29
    http://www.philadelphiacomiccon.com/

Valerie Leon (Hotel Receptionist in TSWLM)
    Chiller Theatre in Parsippany, NJ - April 27-29
    http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm
    Some updated appearances for those in the Philadelphia/NJ areas:

Sean Bean (006 Alec Trevelyan)
    Philadelphia Comic Con - May 19-20

Dave Bautista (Hinx)
    Philadelphia Comic Con - May 19th Only

Jeremy Bulloch (Smithers - Q's Assistant in FYEO and OP)
    Oaks Philly Comic Con - April 27-29
    http://www.philadelphiacomiccon.com/

Valerie Leon (Hotel Receptionist in TSWLM)
    Chiller Theatre in Parsippany, NJ - April 27-29
    http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm

No way!!! Boy do I wish I could go to Philadelphia for that event!!!!
    Was going to go to the Philly event, but damn is it pricy. Looking to spend a good $150+ just to get an autograph from Sean Bean? More for a picture? Wild.
    Was going to go to the Philly event, but damn is it pricy. Looking to spend a good $150+ just to get an autograph from Sean Bean? More for a picture? Wild.

Wow! I thought some of the prices over here were steep! I guess looking back would you regret not going?!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Wow! I thought some of the prices over here were steep! I guess looking back would you regret not going?!

Possibly, as Sean Bean is the only one I'd shell out money for and I would love for a shot at meeting him, but you're looking at almost $200 to enter the event plus one autograph and photo, on top of how much it'll cost to go there and back. That's ridiculous.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ridiculous is the right word.
    Sean Bean would be great to meet,but i will wait until he does something back here in his home country.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    With those prices, are they offering sexual favours as well?
    Kinky....