ACTOR/ACTRESS Appearances!!!!

Comments

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Yeah I leave for a business trip in the UK on that Saturday of Monster Mania Con. Only 45 minutes for me to Cherry Hill, NJ though so I might make it Friday after work.

Mid-Atlantic Con is an hour and 45 minutes away, but I've blocked my schedule off that week :D

RogueAgent, sometimes I wish I lived in the UK. Collectormania and Autographica! Not to mention the Bond premieres!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @MooseWithFleas, do let us know how Monster Mania Con goes, and, uhh...get some autographs for me. ;)

Perhaps I'll run into you if I do make it to the Mid-Atlantic Con in September!
    Yeah I leave for a business trip in the UK on that Saturday of Monster Mania Con. Only 45 minutes for me to Cherry Hill, NJ though so I might make it Friday after work.

Mid-Atlantic Con is an hour and 45 minutes away, but I've blocked my schedule off that week :D

RogueAgent, sometimes I wish I lived in the UK. Collectormania and Autographica! Not to mention the Bond premieres!

Maybe we can do a life swap in 2016 when its a non Bond year?!!! ;) :D
    Autographica 2014 at Birmingham Metropol SEPT 19th - 21st!

Belle Avery from TLD who was the woman on the yacht at the end of the PTS.

AND!!!!

Vijay Amritaj who obviously played Vijay from OP!!!

Certainly plan to go as it is only around 20 minutes from my home!!! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I can only imagine what it was like in London 2012. Summer Olympics, Bond/Queen segment during the opening ceremony, and then the joyous run to Bond 50. Amazing!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MooseWithFleas, do let us know how Monster Mania Con goes, and, uhh...get some autographs for me. ;)

Sounds like a plan. Of all the conventions mentioned, the Mid-Atlantic is the one I am definitely going to :)
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I can only imagine what it was like in London 2012. Summer Olympics, Bond/Queen segment during the opening ceremony, and then the joyous run to Bond 50. Amazing!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Sounds like a plan. Of all the conventions mentioned, the Mid-Atlantic is the one I am definitely going to :)

2012 was a very special year here in England i must admit!
    Just got back from the Mid-Atlantic convention. Got to meet both Lazenby and Lana wood.

Lazenby was great. He personalized his signature on my OHMSS original poster, with 007 inscribed. I asked him if Kevin McClory had approached him to do a Thunderball remake. He said once around 30 years ago, Kevin called him up and asked him to meet up. They met in a bar in Germany with McClory's then girlfriend present. Apparently they got upset at each other and McClory was pissed because he thought George was trying to steal his girlfriend. When I asked if he was trying to, he said "No, she was coming on to me!". Obviously, it was James Bond!

He then took pictures with both me and my friend. Great experience.

Lana was a treat as well. Very friendly and recalled the shooting of DAF. She also personalized an autograph on a photo for me and took a picture with me.

All in all, a great experience. Both are there tomorrow as well for anyone in the area.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 4,622
    "Apparently they got upset at each other and McClory was pissed because he thought George was trying to steal his girlfriend. When I asked if he was trying to, he said "No, she was coming on to me!". "
    This is hilarious :)) Laz is legend. McClory = out of his league. Of course the gf would be inclined to ditch McClory for Laz.
    Just got back from the Mid-Atlantic convention. Got to meet both Lazenby and Lana wood.

Lazenby was great. He personalized his signature on my OHMSS original poster, with 007 inscribed. I asked him if Kevin McClory had approached him to do a Thunderball remake. He said once around 30 years ago, Kevin called him up and asked him to meet up. They met in a bar in Germany with McClory's then girlfriend present. Apparently they got upset at each other and McClory was pissed because he thought George was trying to steal his girlfriend. When I asked if he was trying to, he said "No, she was coming on to me!". Obviously, it was James Bond!

He then took pictures with both me and my friend. Great experience.

Lana was a treat as well. Very friendly and recalled the shooting of DAF. She also personalized an autograph on a photo for me and took a picture with me.

All in all, a great experience. Both are there tomorrow as well for anyone in the area.

Great story about George and McClory! Awesome! :))
    Sadly had a wasted trip to the Autographica today! Went to me Vijay Amritaj from OP. Unfortunately he had to cancel for some reason on the thursday or friday? But the website was not updated!

On discovering this early this morning after paying to get in, and also knowing i was going to have to pay £10 to get out of the car park. I turned on the diplomat in me and got a refund for my entry ticket! And then the Bond charm for the hotel receptionist who was very attractive to get me out of the car park!

So it is nice to know i have not lost my touch! B-)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 82
    I met David Hedison Saturday here in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Show. I have met MANY bond actors at this quarterly autograph show. I wanted to meet Mr Hedison for a while now because i really liked his portrayal of Felix. When i met him the guy was in great shape at the age of 87!! He was a great Felix in my opinion and says one of my favorite lines in the bond series (see you in hell Sanchez!!!). I asked which bond he likes more ltk or lald but i don't think he heard overall a nice guy.

DSC00357_zpsd4df0287.jpg
    DSC00358_zps36b11e79.jpg
  • Oddjob wrote: »
    I met David Hedison Saturday here in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Show. I have met MANY bond actors at this quarterly autograph show. I wanted to meet Mr Hedison for a while now because i really liked his portrayal of Felix. When i met him the guy was in great shape at the age of 87!! He was a great Felix in my opinion and says one of my favorite lines in the bond series (see you in hell Sanchez!!!). I asked which bond he likes more ltk or lald but i don't think he heard overall a nice guy.

DSC00357_zpsd4df0287.jpg
    DSC00358_zps36b11e79.jpg

That's awsome! Great pics! =D>
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Lol at the chick on tge left photo bombing your pics.
    Reminder to those on the US East Coast. Yaphet Kotto and Corinne Clery will be at Chiller Theatre in Parsippany NJ this weekend Friday-Sunday!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Great pics, @Oddjob! My favourite Felix Leiter!
    Reminder to those on the US East Coast. Yaphet Kotto and Corinne Clery will be at Chiller Theatre in Parsippany NJ this weekend Friday-Sunday!

Would dearly love to meet Yaphet Kotto!
    Kotto was great! Signed my LALD poster and got a picture with him. His line was pretty long so I didn't get to talk as long as I did with Lazenby. However, I did go to his Q & A interview panel. I will upload it to youtube later tonight.He told some REALLY good stories, many of which have been heard by few given that this is the first time Kotto did a convention Q&A panel like this. For a preview he talks about encounters with Sidney Portier and Lionel Richie, feeling like James Bond while making LALD, and influences from Katharine Hepburn.

Also met Corinne Clery from Moonraker. She has aged so gracefully, still beautiful. She spoke fondly of her time shooting MR in France. Will also post a few pics later. Both will be there tomorrow for anyone in the area.
    Pictures from the event:

B00tKcPIcAAa_A7.jpg

B00tZt-IIAEqPB9.jpg

B00tnlRIYAA6MsB.jpg
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Those are great!
    Thanks for the photos, @MoosewithFleas!
    Pictures from the event:

B00tKcPIcAAa_A7.jpg

B00tZt-IIAEqPB9.jpg

B00tnlRIYAA6MsB.jpg

Consider me majorly jealous! Great pics! Yeah if you could upload the Q&A? That would be fantastic!
    names are for tombstones baby. Nice pictures moose
    edited November 2014 Posts: 3,347
    As promised, here is the uploaded Q&A panel with Yaphet Kotto. Bond discussion starts at 13:40, but feel free to watch the rest! :)

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great interview, some very funny stories. :))
    edited February 2017 Posts: 3,347
    I had the great pleasure of meeting Jane Seymour last night at an art exhibition featuring her work. You will notice her portraits of Solitaire in the background! Tremendously nice and great artist. Very memorable experience.

10850251_10100320781832773_5503043418582411246_n.jpg?oh=e190e1a888ad4f3a6905046acca30441&oe=592594EB

12e51dj
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Congratulations :) I love the LALD poster.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wow! Awesome stuff. I wish thee were more London events.
    I had the great pleasure of meeting Jane Seymour last night at an art exhibition featuring her work. You will notice her portraits of Solitaire in the background! Tremendously nice and great artist. Very memorable experience.

1w21Vnr

12e51dj

Wow! You are one lucky chap!
    @doubleoego And I wish I was in London so I could go to the SPECTRE premiere :)

Thanks all, I do feel very fortunate at the opportunities I've had thus far!
    edited March 2016 Posts: 3,347
    Anyone have any good Bond actor/actress encounters recently?

A couple updates for Bond actors

For those in Philadelphia area like my self, Julian Glover will be making an appearance, signing autographs and taking photos on Apr 22-24
    http://philadelphiacomiccon.com/

John Rhys-Davies will be in Altoona, PA on June 10-12
    http://www.scifivalleycon.com/featured-guests/

Jane Seymour will be doing autographs in Michigan this October: http://www.janeseymour.com/appearances/

For other appearances for Glover, Rhys-Davies, and Jeremy Bulloch, you can go here: http://scifiactorappearances.blogspot.com/ Wish they had a section for 007!

Shane Rimmer also posts his appearances on his site: http://shanerimmer.com/