Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

The local kebab shop had finally re-opened.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Look! There s Thunderfinger!
    The mods:

"SPAAAMMM!!! BAAANNN!!!!"
    The first Justin Bieber gig in Pakistan was a smash hit.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The mods escape from Dimi's basement after being locked up for over a decade, getting their first look at a woman in that entire span of time.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The mods escape from Dimi's basement after being locked up for over a decade, getting their first look at a woman in that entire span of time.

The picture isn t funny anymore when we know the true story behind it.

Fair point. I'm sorry to ruin the illusion.

Fair point. I'm sorry to ruin the illusion.

No surprises there for me. I am thinking of the broader masses.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Imhotep, Imhotep
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Goodnight! Push it! Just push every damn button, will you?
    NEW CAPTION CONTEST
    scary-santa-17297644.jpg
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    F these transparent cinnamon rolls!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    As day 4 of the North Pole strike action continues, a special message from the head representative to the children of the world.
    "I give and I give, but have I EVER gotten anything in returm??"
    Santa's reaction after wanting less cookies and milk, and more heroin and hard booze awaiting him.
    After Santa went down the crackhouse pipe, he just wasn t the same.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    After Santa went down the crackhouse pipe, he just wasn t the same.
    All that chimney smoke was the gateway drug to crack for St. Nick. What a terrible epidemic, even snatching up Santa of all people.
    Santa's reaction after wanting less cookies and milk, and more heroin and hard booze awaiting him.

You win.

You win.

This moment shall kickstart 'Creasy Appreciation Day,' which will thankfully now be every day of the year from here on out.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

You win.

This moment shall kickstart 'Creasy Appreciation Day,' which will thankfully now be every day of the year from here on out.

What a CAD! ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Can mods be banned from this community for their presumed importance? @Creasy47 was a lot less cheeky and self-important when he didn't have that damned title. ;)
    Can mods be banned from this community for their presumed importance? @Creasy47 was a lot less cheeky and self-important when he didn't have that damned title. ;)

You misunderstand the meaning of Creasy Appreciation Day.

I appreciate you, Creasy.

Not sensing much appreciation in this post!
    *Sigh*

Okay, fine. I appreciate @Creasy47, and would appreciate him even more if he disappeared from here. Happy?
    OohBurn.gif
    edited December 2017 Posts: 40,470
    tenor.gif?itemid=8303310
    edited December 2017 Posts: 8,087
    Anyone got any new years resolutions? 2018 is set up to be one of the best years so far.
    My only resolutions are always to have no resolutions (and yes, I understand the paradox in that). I also don't think it's ever possible for any year to be a good one, for any reason; as with all things you simply balance what you gain and what you lose. I'm sure many said that 2016 or 2017 were going to be great as well, and we've seen some of the worst disasters, upheavals and deaths in modern history during this time. My judgements on 2018 will await until into 2019, but I sure as hell hope it's better than this year has been (could it actually get worse?).
    Dunno about that, I reckon 2018 will be a really good year. You have be maintain a positive outlook, it promotes a healthy mind. I myself am looking to make 2018 a year of change and growth. Its a good time of year to take stock, and think what really matters to you and make plans. My main resolution is simply not to make too many excuses for myself and see things through to the end.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    My usual resolution is "to achieve more next year than this year", I have this one since 2014 (for 2015).

Many of my mottos for life (daily life and in general) sound like platitudes but for me they are simple and I can follow them.

"I don't have dreams, I have goals."
    "Be someone."
    "I believe in hard work. I don't f*ck with luck."
    "Let them hate, just make sure they spell your name right."

...but the most important motto for me is "Grind while they sleep. Learn when they party. Live like they dream."

You can view them as resolutions I guess. I will remind me of all of them again on New Year's Eve that much is certain.

@Mendes4Lyfe
    I applaud you Sir, to stay positive is so very important. The world around us is slowly turning to dust but we have to make a life, a life that is worth living, for ourselves and the ones we care for.
    Making plans is so important to. I had no compass and no plans for years until 2014. Without any plans and goals you won't achieve anything.

...and my fun resolution for 2018 is:
    "reach the single-digit BF club and stay there throughout the year ;) "
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    To write more articles for my blog is usually mine. 2017 was a bit of a drought for me, despite my best efforts. Working on some new stuff now though.