Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I'm experiencing some sort of strange glitch. From time to time, I'll visit random users' pages and look at the discussions they've created. When I visited @Thunderfinger 's page, it shows a count of a few hundred discussions. If I click on "discussions," it says "This user hasn't made any discussions yet." Either it's a glitch, or the man really is a mystical legend, capable of creating threads without creating them.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There have been many conspiracies as to why @Thunderfinger's discusstions are absent. It's best not to ask questions.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It's only visible for a few selected members, the special ones.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm experiencing some sort of strange glitch. From time to time, I'll visit random users' pages and look at the discussions they've created. When I visited @Thunderfinger 's page, it shows a count of a few hundred discussions. If I click on "discussions," it says "This user hasn't made any discussions yet." Either it's a glitch, or the man really is a mystical legend, capable of creating threads without creating them.

It's because Thundy reports or flags spam threads. They show up as discussions on the forum software. That's all there is to it. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No, it isn t.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Oh yes it is .
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Did this place crash?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @jake24, yes, for a bit.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It's because Thundy reports or flags spam threads. They show up as discussions on the forum software. That's all there is to it. :)
    No, it isn t.

That might explain the high discussion count (however I flag spam threads and have never noticed this), but it wouldn't explain why none of his threads are displayed (like "Which Bond would you rather?").
    jake24 wrote: »
    Did this place crash?

Obviously I should never have questioned thundy's discussion page. I'm lucky I didn't cause issues with the space-time continuum.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Dragonpol wrote: »

No, it isn t.

That might explain the high discussion count (however I flag spam threads and have never noticed this), but it wouldn't explain why none of his threads are displayed (like "Which Bond would you rather?").
    Did this place crash?

Obviously I should never have questioned thundy's discussion page. I'm lucky I didn't cause issues with the space-time continuum.
    @BMW_with_missiles I can't say I didn’t warn you. You got off a lot easier than some other members. ;)
    Random thought - does anyone else feel like comic book movies used to be so much better? Post 2010/11ish, I just haven't been able to enjoy them as much for the most part, with a few exceptions.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Random thought - does anyone else feel like comic book movies used to be so much better? Post 2010/11ish, I just haven't been able to enjoy them as much for the most part, with a few exceptions.

I think they've gotten less corny or silly in some respects, @FoxRox. A Winter Soldier wasn't likely to come along back in the day, for example. Spider-Man 2 (2004) is still my favorite, however (along with 2005's Batman Begins and 2008's Dark Knight), so there is a case to be made of some better things existing in the early to mid-2000s.

I think saturation of the market also has played a part, where so much of our lives are flooded with this genre that it's hard to keep up and hard to judge films fairly when they are jammed into theater releases every year ten movies high.

I think they've gotten less corny or silly in some respects, @FoxRox. A Winter Soldier wasn't likely to come along back in the day, for example. Spider-Man 2 (2004) is still my favorite, however (along with 2005's Batman Begins and 2008's Dark Knight), so there is a case to be made of some better things existing in the early to mid-2000s.

I think saturation of the market also has played a part, where so much of our lives are flooded with this genre that it's hard to keep up and hard to judge films fairly when they are jammed into theater releases every year ten movies high.

Yeah. I just stopped seeing them in large part because the stories really didn't seem as interesting to me. The Avengers was a massive let-down for me (one of the most overrated movies of all time IMO), for instance. Strangely enough, though it isn't my cup of tea in every respect, I found Deadpool to be one of the more interesting and worthwhile comic book films of the last few years. It did have some heart and freshness.
    I agree with The Avengers to some degree. Overrated, for sure, at the very least. The Cap films are my bread and butter Marvel-wise, simply because he's a character that really gets me inspired.

I haven't seen Deadpool yet, but I've heard great things. It's one of the great modern day success stories for a movie with such a small budget in today's terms to go on to earn around 800 million at the box office. That, and now studios are looking at R-rated superhero films for the first time as worthwhile pursuits for the right characters instead of too-big-to-take risks. As far as Deadpool and its influence is concerned, it can only get better from here as a greater variety of films can be supported now with it as evidence of success. Now we are getting an R-rated Wolverine film, and hopefully someday soon more mature, adult characters like John Constantine will get their own big screen features to star in with ratings that will allow filmmakers to display who they are uncensored.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Yes but Keanu's Constantine is fantastic!
    Random thought - does anyone else feel like comic book movies used to be so much better?
    No, you're just getting older and growing up. Embrace it. :)

I felt he was an odd choice, but he did the character justice.

Should've been Sting.

Should've been Sting.

No, that would have been horrible.
    Taken 13 years after his departure from the role, and Pierce still looks like Bond.

2824E74400000578-3061332-image-a-18_1430334285203.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It's almost eerie how good Brosnan looks in that picture.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Could still be Bond for all I care. :D
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    To any fellow veterans out there, Happy Veterans Day....Merica.

Unless you were ever captured. Then you're not a hero, I'm told.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Unless you were ever captured. Then you're not a hero, I'm told.

That's not exactly what he said. He said if he weren't captured he wouldn't be considered a hero. That's the opposite.

2824E74400000578-3061332-image-a-18_1430334285203.jpg

She smells, but not as bad as me. I will do her.
    You've got one, @Barry? That's awesome! How does it drive?

Nah...I was lying to myself alas....

:^o
    Skyfall has become my favorite title song.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Skyfall has become my favorite title song.

Ironically 3 of the 4 Craig films are in my top 5, same with the songs. Feel free to use process of elimination to figure out which one didn't make the cut.

edited November 2016 Posts: 3,000
    I clicked on this video thinking; "Cool! A TWINE style ski experience!" I ended up immensely frustrated at all the incorrect info.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/007-ski-run-will-let-fans-channel-their-inner-james-bond/vp-AAkbRBU