Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

a0e65e6bffa2760b6e8afd9885aea441.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    God loves you, as you are his child, created in his own image.

Now buy a Coke.
    Santa's sipping on the American Dream. Or is that whiskey?
    He looks a little too fascinated with that toy helicopter.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    He looks a little too fascinated with that toy helicopter.
    He's really just a kid inside.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited November 2016 Posts: 8,090
    delete
    delete
    delete
    delete
    This kinda spooked me out when I noticed it:

First Keaton Batman June '89 - First Dalton Bond June '87 - 24 months difference

First Kilmer Batman June '95 - First Brosnan Bond Nov '95 - 5 months difference

First Bale Batman June '05 - First Craig Bond Nov '06 - 17 months difference

First Affleck Batman 2018/19 - First ______ Bond __ - __ months difference

Now I know some consider Batman V Superman a Batman film, but technically it's a sequel to Man of Steel. Having said that, don't you think it's a bit strange that both franchises are in sync to such an extent? And Does the first solo Affleck Batman film release in 2018/2019 point to a possible new Bond actor within that same timeframe, as history suggests?
    Christian Bale's Batman debut and Craig's Bond debut weren't far off either, with 17 months between them.
    Christian Bale's Batman debut and Craig's Bond debut weren't far off either, with 17 months between them.

Yes for some reason, instead of saving the post automatically the website posted it. Then again a minute later, and a minute later. While I was busy looking up dates, it had posted it 4 times. sorry for the mess of posts.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited November 2016 Posts: 9,020

First Keaton Batman June '89 - First Dalton Bond June '87 - 24 months difference

Now I know some consider Batman V Superman a Batman film, but technically it's a sequel to Man of Steel. Having said that, don't you think it's a bit strange that both franchises are in sync to such an extent? And Does the first solo Affleck Batman film release in 2018/2019 point to a possible new Bond actor within that same timeframe, as history suggests?

Even more "troubling" is this:

Keaton/Dalton: the best Batsy/Bond ever
    Kilmer/Brosnan: Batsy/Bond for the masses
    Bale/Craig: Batsy/Bond for fans of fine drama
    Affleck/Turner: Batsy/Bond for fans of staying true to the source

Affleck and Turner will blow us away. It's astonishing how both look the part. While DC had the wisdom and the guts to cast Affleck, I hope the same can be said of EON sometime soon.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Tuesday is just one day before Wednesday. How much more spooky can it get?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Santa's sipping on the American Dream. Or is that whiskey?

No, it's Irish.

Even more "troubling" is this:

Keaton/Dalton: the best Batsy/Bond ever
    Kilmer/Brosnan: Batsy/Bond for the masses
    Bale/Craig: Batsy/Bond for fans of fine drama
    Affleck/Turner: Batsy/Bond for fans of staying true to the source

Affleck and Turner will blow us away. It's astonishing how both look the part. While DC had the wisdom and the guts to cast Affleck, I hope the same can be said of EON sometime soon.

Its amazing how these connections keep becoming clear.
    I just learned that the year before 2016 was 2015. That s incredibly close. What are the odds? Seriously...
    Whenever I mention the term "jump the shark" to my wife she just doesn't get it.
    A couple of years ago I stopped watching "Scandal". My wife loves that show but one can only take so much Shonda Rimes. I felt the plot had become too unbelievable and the show had jumped the shark, come off the rails, you name it.
    She cannot understand how I can watch a show like Star Trek or Quantum Leap and call Scandal unbelievable. We agree that one has to suspend belief regardless of what we watch (even legal dramas like the Good Wife and Law and Order SVU) but I try to tell her shows and even Sci Fi operates within their own rules and parameters and when they step outside that is when the show "goes off the rails" or "Jumps"

she still just doesn't get it...
    Go Cubs Go.

Serious question - does anyone here own the complete Bond collection with Spectre (US Edition, if it matters)? Is it worth upgrading to?
    Fonzie jumped a shark in an episode of Happy Days. There was only one way to go from thatpeak-downwards.
    1977, this is where the expression comes from. Show your wife.

Thank you so much Chicago Cubs, for giving me the best game and win I've gotten to watch. Unreal. Beautiful.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Just saw a gorgeous BMW Z8. First time I've ever seen one of those on the road.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Just saw a gorgeous BMW Z8. First time I've ever seen one of those on the road.

That's a rare sight indeed. As far as I know they still go for about $250K.
    No,i got mine for £80,000
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You've got one, @Barry? That's awesome! How does it drive?
    1977, this is where the expression comes from. Show your wife.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    No,i got mine for £80,000

@barryt007 Wow, there's definitely a big price difference between the UK and US markets. I just checked eBay and they still average $250K. The best price I saw was $150K.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited November 2016 Posts: 1,053
    I used to flag up spammers upon visiting MI6 but have given up now. The Mods take care of them anyway and have found the best course of action is simply to ignore and get on with enjoying the site.
    Poldark series 3 teaser trailer!