Sherlock (2010) BBC Series Discussion Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Sandy, very interesting theory. That might be spot on. All the people could've been stationed down there, too, to block Watson from reaching the body. Perhaps the homeless underworld Sherlock tends to use? Could've dressed them all up.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited December 2013 Posts: 4,012
    Rumour has it there will be a new trailer at the end of Strictly come dancing. We should find soon enough...

EDIT: Just watched, amazing new trailer! My favourite dialogue, between Sherlock and Mycroft
    Mycroft: He's been going on with his life.

Sherlock: What life? I've been away!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,351
    Sure enough there was. It should be online now and for those yet to see it, I shalln't say a thing.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Sure enough there was. It should be online now and for those yet to see it, I shalln't say a thing.

They said something about an interactive trailer. Do you anything about it @Samuel001?

Also, do you think
    Mycroft was aware of it? I thought so from the start but now I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: links provided by Sue Vertue:

http://www.wirewax.com/sherlock

EDIT 2: The interactive trailer is amazing!!! But careful, it's filled with potential spoilers. Only watched one of the hidden features but I could already see that
    the renovations hint I noticed earlier today is probably right.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,351
    The interactive trailer certainly adds a lot, let's just say that. I'm wondering now could the episode on New Year's Day be the highest rated yet?
    The trailer and the site are really great, the amazing thing is that despite all the potential spoilers we end up with more questions than answers.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    They are clever boys, Moffat and Gatiss. :) I am thrilled with the new info, but yes they still have us guessing, wondering, excited ... smart marketing indeed. I am very psyched!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I did get some inappropriate feelings towards that trailer out of sheer excitement #:-S
    Sorry to be a bit dense, but is there a link to the interactive trailer? I am missing it ...
    Here @4EverBonded: http://www.wirewax.com/sherlock

The locked content is pretty amazing by the way.

EDIT: someone managed to upload the exclusive and the locked content to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEKeXtfnaSZLaka_odZ5DYs7K3LJ38sLv&desktop_uri=%2Fplaylist%3Flist%3DPLEKeXtfnaSZLaka_odZ5DYs7K3LJ38sLv&app=desktop
    thank you, @Sandy!
    Great trailer! The excitement builds!!!! :D
    edited December 2013 Posts: 12,459
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/sherlock/tubetalk/a504489/sherlock-5-theories-about-the-mystery-of-john-watsons-moustache.html

I found the
    mustache
    article also interesting. Here is the direct link to that digital spy article on the
    moustache.
    It has some spoilers for folks who are really trying to have NO info on series 3.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/sherlock/tubetalk/a504489/sherlock-5-theories-about-the-mystery-of-john-watsons-moustache.html

I found the
    mustache
    article also interesting. Here is the direct link to that digital spy article on the
    moustache.
    It has some spoilers for folks who are really trying to have NO info on series 3.

It's really old and this was just people speculating based on the shooting. Also afterwards, we got to know that a lot of what was filmed around that time were fake scenes.
    Yes, I expect some other pictures I saw were fake. However, the article made me think about two things:
    how long the Mary character may come to play in this series; I am hoping for not a real short term; and I think the whole moustache episode may just be a flashback, something Watson did while mourning for Sherlock
    Here's the press release for His Last Vow:

In the final episode of this new series, written by Steven Moffat, a case of stolen letters leads Sherlock Holmes into a long conflict with Charles Augustus Magnussen, the Napoleon of blackmail, and the one man he truly hates.

But how do you tackle a foe who knows the personal weakness of every person of importance in the Western world?

Benedict Cumberbatch returns as Sherlock Holmes, with Martin Freeman as John Watson, Mark Gatiss as Mycroft, Rupert Graves as Inspector Lestrade, Una Stubbs as Mrs Hudson, Amanda Abbington as Mary Morstan, Louise Brealey as Molly Hooper and Lars Mikkelsen as Charles Augustus Magnussen.
    I can't wait for this new season. Looked up Lars to make sure he was the brother of Mads 'Le Chiffre' Mikkelsen, and indeed he is. They were also in 'Flame & Citron' together, a really underrated film.
    I can wait. As soon as it gets here, it will be over.

These new episodes should be great though, I often forget how good Sherlock is.
    I'm currently watching The Reichenbach Fall again on BBC3.
    That's how it seems, which is a shame: longer episodes are excellent, like movies, but with only three, I bet when you're waiting for them they come and go so fast. Either way, I'm really excited.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That's how it seems, which is a shame: longer episodes are excellent, like movies, but with only three, I bet when you're waiting for them they come and go so fast. Either way, I'm really excited.

We get 4 episodes this year though, counting the Christmas special.
    Creasy47 wrote:

We get 4 episodes this year though, counting the Christmas special.

Even better! I'm looking forward to it. I might go ahead and pre-order it, there's no way it'll disappoint. How long was the turnaround rate from appearing on TV to hitting DVD/blu-ray for series one and two?
    A couple of weeks after they finish airing they'll be available to purchase.

The fourth 'episode' is only a minisode, so it won't be 9 minutes long nevermind 90. It's something extra though, that's a plus. A Christmas bonus, if you will.
    Not sure if it's confirmed or a placeholder, but you're right, Amazon has season three listed as releasing on February 11th, 2014. Not bad.
    That's right, for the UK it comes out 27th January.
    Not bad. Now I wish I lived in the UK just so I could have Sherlock and Bond two weeks early!
    After watching the series 2 cliffhanger, Jan 1st can't come soon enough :-)