Sherlock (2010) BBC Series Discussion Thread

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Filming is complete for now. The last episode will be filmed in August.

I'm so glad it has gone along as scheduled! I expect there will be soon more spoilers popping up everywhere, so we shall be careful what we put up on this thread. I enjoy spoilers for the show - with spoiler tags.

I will work on getting the capability to watch British shows here (in Japan). I have to join some network to do so; just haven't followed through on that yet.

Roger Moore in Sherlock or Doctor Who?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a485061/roger-moore-wants-doctor-who-sherlock-roles.html

If we followed tradition then he'd be a baddy in Doctor Who as Tim Dalton, Dianna Rigg and Steven Berkoff all were.

Anybody who's read the books, can you think of a good part for Moore in Sherlock?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I was just going to post this @thelivingroyale. So, it seems Sir Rog has a twitter account, here is the conversation that took place
    Mark Gatiss ‏@Markgatiss
    Isn't Roger Moore wonderful in 'The Man Who Haunted Himself'? I have such a soft spot for the film.

Sir Roger Moore Sir Roger Moore ‏@sirrogermoore
    @Markgatiss thank you. I might be equally wonderful in Dr Who or Sherlock if asked!

Mark Gatiss Mark Gatiss ‏@Markgatiss 26 maio
    @sirrogermoore My life is complete! Will be I'm touch. My Dad was once mistaken for you by two old ladies in Whitley Bay!
    I want to watch that film now (the man who haunted himself).

Not sure about Sherlock but I could definitely see him popping up in Doctor Who. That show is brilliant when it comes to guest stars.
    I love Roger so, I cannot see him as a villain. He would probably fit more easily into Dr. Who. But I am not sure. But I do want to see him in either show - yes!

For BBC Sherlock series, he could be a new character (Gatiss is quite clever, we know) or ... maybe Charles Augustus Milverton (if a baddie), the owner of Silver Blaze (I forget the character's name), or even the guy who sells the geese in The Blue Carbuncle (which would be humorous seeing Sir Roger in that role).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd love to see Roger as a Baddie!
    I like your new avatar, @Murdock! It looks like you. :)
    I like your new avatar, @Murdock! It looks like you. :)

Thank you. It is me in fact! just vectorized. ;)
    I thought so! (Am I clever or what, Watson?!)
    Very dashing.
    I thought so! (Am I clever or what, Watson?!)
    Very dashing.

Hehe I aim to please. ;)

Anyway, After seeing ffolkes. I'd love to see Roger play a character out of his norm.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't like the idea of Roger in Sherlock, especially if it is just a brief guest appearance. It would just take away from the show too much for me. The Dr. can have him.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Here is a fanart piece I did for a deviantart BBC Sherlock contest:

8884545292_2666f64310_o.png
    Sorry for double posting but the tweets between Sir Roger Moore and Mark Gatiss continue:

Sir Roger Moore ‏@sirrogermoore 3 h

@Markgatiss overwhelmed by the response to my little tweet. Your followers obviously have very good taste. The deerstalker still fits btw.

Mark Gatiss ‏@Markgatiss 3 h

@sirrogermoore Delighted too. No more than you deserve, sir. Nobody does it better!
    How cool is that? I love it. I am so glad Roger is still kicking it at his age. Nobody does it better ... ;) from his favorite movie that he did, and my favorite movie of his.

Gatiss - well, I enjoy his wit and cleverness with tv shows so much, I sure hope he stays around a looooooong time.

Thanks for posting these, @Sandy.

And excellent artwork, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! Hope you win something in that contest.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I'm eager to see if this leads anywhere. Thanks for the latest update.
    Good news! Series 2 will be repeated on BBC One in July.

Very good to see the BBC doing this, I wonder what kind of ratings it will get?
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    This is beyond cute:

;))
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 5,767
    Moffat, Gatiss, and Vertue to appear at Comic Con International San Diego:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=106150
    Very surprising but most welcome! Thanks @boldfinger.
    boldfinger wrote:

It's days like this when I hate living on the East coast.
    boldfinger wrote:

It's days like this when I hate living on the East coast.

And I wish I had been in San Diego a little later :-w (by the way, loved the city, and everything was full of Comic Con banners, how jealous).
    The panal will be held on the Thursday - that's the 18th - from 2:15pm - 3:15pm.
    You do have some talent!

I agree; I love that one. How he finds times to do all his artwork and writing, I'll never know.
    timmer wrote:
    You do have some talent!

Thanks, @timmer! If you have seen both seasons of Sherlock, what do you think of my John Watson Sherlock artwork I posted in our thread here?(on page 5):

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/6779/a-study-in-sherlock-discussion-some-spoilers-of-doyles-stories/p5

I did some writing to accompany it and would love any and all feedback, especially with the writing as that is what I need to practice most.
    I agree; I love that one. How he finds times to do all his artwork and writing, I'll never know.

It is hard to balance at times, and some other things have to be cut out of my schedule to fit in time to draw and write since I am working this summer, but I manage okay. :)

• edited July 2013 Posts: 4,622
    Thanks, @timmer! If you have seen both seasons of Sherlock, what do you think of my John Watson Sherlock artwork I posted in our thread here?(on page 5):
    That picture is really good too. You certainly have the knack of catching the actor's likeness and finding a suitable expression and pose too. Extremely well done. That's a serious professional talent you have.
    I breezed through the writing though, but I'm sure it resonates with those emotionally invested in Watson's anxieties.
    I think the drawing really caught Watson's mood perfectly.

timmer wrote:
    That picture is really good too. You certainly have the knack of catching the actor's likeness and finding a suitable expression and pose too. Extremely well done. That's a serious professional talent you have.
    I breezed through the writing though, but I'm sure it resonates with those emotionally invested in Watson's anxieties.
    I think the drawing really caught Watson's mood perfectly.

I thank you for your feedback, my good sir.

th_bow.gif
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

That is so cool. I wish I could participate. :(