Sherlock (2010) BBC Series Discussion Thread

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Are these people brilliant? To avoid spoilers spoiling the explanation for "The Fall", fake scenes were apparently filmed for episode 1 of the third season. :-? That might explain a lot...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, that's brilliant! Only on a Sherlock Holmes series! :)
    Sandy wrote:
    Are these people brilliant? To avoid spoilers spoiling the explanation for "The Fall", fake scenes were apparently filmed for episode 1 of the third season. :-? That might explain a lot...

I like there train of thought! Good on them as I don't want it spoilt! I want to wait for the season 3 curtain raiser!!! <:-P
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Ah ha!!!! Yes, such a clever couple of boys that Gatiss and Moffat. ;)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited September 2013 Posts: 2,044
    Here's the new trailer for BBCs upcoming drama-series with some clips from the upcoming series 3 of Sherlock!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ThHEcmDBXpg

And here is a picture that i think i recognize, although with another famous british characther:
    9890_627355967284825_963593676_n.jpg

This is bloody awesome! :D

Edit: Isn't this a great hallmark for two most famous fictional british characthers, to stand at the exact same spot and look out over their home town with the Union Jack waying in the air. I get shivers.
    I cannot watch it very well on this computer, the images were great! I just don't get decent sound - can anybody tell me what Sherlock said? I could not catch it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I cannot watch it very well on this computer, the images were great! I just don't get decent sound - can anybody tell me what Sherlock said? I could not catch it.
    Sherlock [to John]: "The thrill of the chase, the blood pumping through your veins. Just the two of us against the rest of the world."

Friendship that amazing should be illegal.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    7860_627635860590169_2143191289_n.jpg

The shooting is now officially over - for this series.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,351
    Yep, the final day was today. Hopefully it was a great five week shoot, now we just wait for November/December.

That shot is great and will no doubt go into parody territory now, with two British icons leading the way.
    I wonder how many tourists will try to get onto that roof now for a foto. I guess next time I go to London I make sure to take someone with a camera with me :-).
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    boldfinger wrote:
    I wonder how many tourists will try to get onto that roof now for a foto. I guess next time I go to London I make sure to take someone with a camera with me :-).

Well it is the roof of Department of Energy & Climate Change so that's a restricted area.

I think the Series is due to start in late December from what i've heard.
    MrBond wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

Well it is the roof of Department of Energy & Climate Change so that's a restricted area.

I think the Series is due to start in late December from what i've heard.

Same as series 2, then. That would be the best Christmas present imaginable. I am literally fidgeting to see Sherlock and John's reunion.
    MrBond wrote:
    Here's the new trailer for BBCs upcoming drama-series with some clips from the upcoming series 3 of Sherlock!

And here is a picture that i think i recognize, although with another famous british characther:

Edit: Isn't this a great hallmark for two most famous fictional british characthers, to stand at the exact same spot and look out over their home town with the Union Jack waying in the air. I get shivers.

That is just superb! Brings back happy memories!!! :D
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I wonder if there will be any mention of Skyfall in that scene, i mean it couldn't just be a coincidence.
    What an amazing photo! How about a nice montage of the two photos by one of the talented graphic designers here?

I got another claperboard for you (these photos are another SF connection if you ask me):

BTGZxOBCQAAGQd4.jpg
    RogueAgent wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

That is just superb! Brings back happy memories!!! :D

Scenes like that are what make the character of Sherlock Holmes interesting. He is constantly at war with his own self, and steadily loses. He tries to act like a sociopath, yet John, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson and Molly collectively show that he does care for others. In his contentious cat and mouse game against Moriarty he was constantly proclaiming that he isn't "on the side of the angels" and that heroes don't exist, yet he proves (though rather inadvertently) that he does do heroic things and helps the greater good at the end of the day by being a consulting detective. He risked his own life to protect others in his way, and did so willingly. If that isn't a hero, I have no idea what is. And though he values the challenge, the excitement and the puzzle above all else, I truly think deep down inside that Sherlock also keeps at it to help others. Could be John rubbing off on him, eh? :)

@Sandy, I will take on that graphic art project! :)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    MrBond wrote:
    I wonder if there will be any mention of Skyfall in that scene, i mean it couldn't just be a coincidence.

I agree. They can´t just copy that shot without any other reference...
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    ggl007 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

There was a Bond reference in the first episode on series two when Mycroft repeaditly says "Bond air is go" and John says "007".
    And on their blog they're also refering to Bond!
    MrBond wrote:
    ggl007 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

There was a Bond reference in the first episode on series two when Mycroft repeaditly says "Bond air is go" and John says "007".
    And on their blog they're also refering to Bond!

Yeah, John is appalled because Sherlock has never seen a Bond film, and then goes on to suggest he get DAF for them to watch! :))
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,351
    Maybe whilst being dead, Sherlock watched Skyfall and just wanted to do as Bond did. You never know...
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Maybe whilst being dead, Sherlock watched Skyfall and just wanted to do as Bond did. You never know...
    Pardon me while I geek out.

[Sherlock bursts into the door of Baker Street for the first time in years, to the shock of John]

Sherlock: "Well, John, I told you I would give Bond a go, and I finally saw Skyfall while I was gone! Gotta say: not too bad!"

John: "SHERLOCK! YOU'RE ALIVE?! But how?!

Sherlock: "Of course I'm alive, John. Stop pointing out the obvious and discuss Skyfall with me."

John [in disbelief]: "Wait, what?! Sherlock, you can't just bust in the bloody door when I thought you were dead for years and just act like nothing happened!!!"

Sherlock: "The plot was iffy at times, but Craig shows potential. Was this his first Bond film?"

John: "Sherlock!!! I don't think you're listening to me!"

Sherlock: "Silva was definitely interesting, but it felt like he was doing an impression of Moriarty the whole time, so that was a bit too much to be honest. At least Moriarty never went blonde, though. That would've been creepy. Speaking of Moriarty, did you know he's dead, John? You should have seen it. Pretty crazy stuff!"

John: "PRETTY CRAZY?! I watched you fall, Sherlock! With my own eyes! Do you know how traumatized I was?! Do you even remotely understand what I am feeling right now?! I thought you killed your bloody self, you ass! And the worst part is that you didn't even bother to tell me, you selfish bastard!!!"

Sherlock: "Remember Bond at the end of the film when he is standing on the rooftop? Pretty Good symbolism by Mendes to show the character's unwavering support for MI6 and the realm, wouldn't you say? One day I'll have to get up on that rooftop and check out the view for myself. If it looks that great on film it must be leagues better in person. I'm sure Mycroft can give me clearance, or at least a key to the building if need be. You should come along too. John? You there? Oh, there you are. Are you okay, John? You look a bit red in the face."

[John punches Sherlock]

John: "At least Bond stayed dead for only a few months, and NOT A COUPLE OF BLOODY YEARS!!!"
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Haha, that is brilliant! You captured totally captured them! =))
    Sandy wrote:
    What an amazing photo! How about a nice montage of the two photos by one of the talented graphic designers here?

I made a montage/juxtaposition, and spiced it up a little by adding more symmetry. I also tagged on a description below it. Enjoy:

http://bradymajor.deviantart.com/art/Sherlock-and-James-Enjoy-the-Sights-of-London-397526973

:)
    MrBond wrote:
    boldfinger wrote:

Thanks, good to know :-).

That was excellent dialogue, @0Brady, I´m laughing my arse off =))
    Sandy wrote:

I made a montage/juxtaposition, and spiced it up a little by adding more symmetry. I also tagged on a description below it. Enjoy:

http://bradymajor.deviantart.com/art/Sherlock-and-James-Enjoy-the-Sights-of-London-397526973

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 that was brilliant, both the dialogue (still laughing) and the photo. I will share it every way that I can, it's that great. Thank you for doing it ;)
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 that was brilliant, both the dialogue (still laughing) and the photo. I will share it every way that I can, it's that great. Thank you for doing it ;)

You are very welcome, and I appreciate your words and support! It was done with the sincerest of pleasures, and absolute fun. Thank you all for the inspiring idea! :)
    Look closely and you'll be able to see something else in common between SF and Sherlock S3
    Sherlock rides a motorcycle, albeit not alone ;)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Samuel001 wrote:

:-O :-))
    edited September 2013 Posts: 4,012
    News just in, Benedict Cumberbatch to receive this year's Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year. http://www.bafta.org/losangeles/news/britannia-awards-benedict-cumberbatch,3916,BA.html
    Last year it was Daniel Craig who got it.

EDIT: I just noticed there is now (at least I don't remember it last year) an Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment as well! Ben Kingsley will get that one.
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing, @Sandy. :)
    Makes me happy that Dan won last year and now my other major favorite British actor, Benedict, has won it.