*General Actor/Actress Discussion*

123457»

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Funny, but I guessed his middle name. ;)
    Well, I have not seen all of Liam's films, but I sense that he usually gives a really solid performance. He is great - I just love watching him. I'm happy that for his age (yes it is a factor for many actors) he has become a hot action star. Fine actor, apparently a nice guy. Looking forward to watching him for years to come.
    So .. how could he fit into a Bond movie? I'd rather him not be a bad guy, though.
    CIA? PM? General?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ^
    Liam was considered for Bond I believe. A shame it fell through.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    ^
    Liam was considered for Bond I believe. A shame it fell through.

I like the Irishman we got as Bond. But I would have loved to have Liam as Bond when he was a bit younger. I think he has always been able to play badass, and cool.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I've been thinking about looking into the career of Sir John Mills, any suggestions on where to start?
  • Ice Cold In Alex would be my starting point, it's one of my favorite movies

Above us the Waves, Colditz story and The History of Mister Polly are the other standout works of his I remember, a truly great actor if ever there was one, sadly no longer with us
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I've been thinking about looking into the career of Sir John Mills, any suggestions on where to start?

Scott of the antarctic is not a bad starting point.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This seems to be a satisfactory place for this:
    I am hoping to get into some Katharine Hepburn soon, and was wondering what films I should watch first to introduce myself to her work. The African Queen is a given, but any other quintessential Hepburn films I should start with first?