*General Actor/Actress Discussion*

Comments

Jack Black is awesome.

I loved school of rock, and I also liked Tenacious D in the pick of destiny.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    School of Rock is brilliant, and so is The Holiday, with Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, and my dream Bond girl Kate Winslet all onscreen with Jack. I highly, highly, recommend this film. It is a great feel good Christmas movie, and Jack is funny at times but also shows off his dramatic acting chops damn well. It is a great film for making you smile, and one that all the family should sit close and watch together. I make a habit of seeing it as much as I can around Christmastime, and it and Elf are way up there on the list of my favorite Christmas themed films.
    Jason Statham is good. Have you seen "Crank"? That´s a good movie.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I can't stand Jack Black... there isn't really anything else I can add.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Jason Statham is good. Have you seen "Crank"? That´s a good movie.

Crank is one of those films that is very unknown, yet very entertaining and shockingly creative. Someone should place that in the underrated films thread.
    School of Rock is brilliant, and so is The Holiday, with Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, and my dream Bond girl Kate Winslet all onscreen with Jack. I highly, highly, recommend this film. It is a great feel good Christmas movie, and Jack is funny at times but also shows off his dramatic acting chops damn well. It is a great film for making you smile, and one that all the family should sit close and watch together. I make a habit of seeing it as much as I can around Christmastime, and it and Elf are way up there on the list of my favorite Christmas themed films.

Love The Holiday, also with a nice cameo of the great Eli Wallach...
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I'm so sorry about letting this slip my mind, but with school and running The MI6 Awards I'm ashamed to say it fell to the bottom of the pack. Without further ado, I give you our next actress up for discussion,

Eva Mendes
    s640x480
    2 Fast 2 Furious was ok, Ghost Rider was awful. The Other Guys was pretty funny. And she's hot.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Agreed about Ghost Rider. Plus, her character in that film was nothing but another Lois Lane clone, I think. :)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Agreed about Ghost Rider. Plus, her character in that film was nothing but another Lois Lane clone, I think. :)

True, but she is really lovely and that is a lot more than can be said about any Lois Lane performer so far.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Margot Kidder was OK in the first movie, IMhO ;-).
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Margot Kidder was OK in the first movie, IMhO ;-).

Compared to Eva Mendes she is a rather plain Jane. As soon as Eva smiles you want to do everything for her.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,916
    She's a fine bit o' crumpet is Eva Mendes. Though the only film I can recall seeing her in was Out Of Time, so I can't really comment on her acting.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've only ever seen her in The Other Guys to my knowledge.
    She is great in Hitch, with Will Smith and Kevin James. She shows her chops in that film really well, and it is one of the best modern romantic comedies you'll find. I highly recommend it to anyone. Will is great as usual, and Kevin James is hilarious, especially during scenes with Will. A nice film to watch to laugh and feel really good by the end of it.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    She is great in Hitch, with Will Smith and Kevin James. She shows her chops in that film really well, and it is one of the best modern romantic comedies you'll find. I highly recommend it to anyone. Will is great as usual, and Kevin James is hilarious, especially during scenes with Will. A nice film to watch to laugh and feel really good by the end of it.

I saw it so many times!! it's hilarious. I love that movie, can't miss on my favourite list. Eva is so stunning at this movie.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I saw it so many times!! it's hilarious. I love that movie, can't miss on my favourite list. Eva is so stunning at this movie.

I'm glad to hear it!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I'm glad to hear it!

:D and it also should be at Will Smith's best movies list.
    Who's our next subject?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Liam FRIGGIN Neeson !!!!!!!
    I'll put forward Jackie Chan.
    I am sorry for yet another delay. I seriously underestimated the time and effort it would take to write an APA style research report. But enough of my stupid problems, I'll take @DC007's suggestion of one of my favorites:

Liam "IamsuchafreakingbadassImakeChuckNorrislooklikealittebabywithitspacifierandIcanhandlewolvessextradersirishmenandtitans" Neeson
    liam_neeson-the_a_team-7.jpg
    And yes, that is in fact his middle name. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,696
    Liam Neeson's best role IMO was in 'Schindler's List'. My all time favorite movie. Then I saw him in another favorite of mine : 'K-19 the widowmaker'. Really love that film :) And then I saw him in 'The Phantom Menace', where he stole every scene he was in. In 'Kingdom of Heaven' he was epicly awesome, in Batman Begins he was awesome, in Michael Collins he was awesome, in Taken he was out-of-this-world badass and awesome... most recent film I saw of him is 'Unknown', in which he was awesome again !! An underrated film of his is 'Five Minutes of Heaven', he was great in that film.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Liam Neeson's best role IMO was in 'Schindler's List'. My all time favorite movie. Then I saw him in another favorite of mine : 'K-19 the widowmaker'. Really love that film :) And then I saw him in 'The Phantom Menace', where he stole every scene he was in. In 'Kingdom of Heaven' he was epicly awesome, in Batman Begins he was awesome, in Michael Collins he was awesome, in Taken he was out-of-this-world badass and awesome... most recent film I saw of him is 'Unknown', in which he was awesome again !! An underrated film of his is 'Five Minutes of Heaven', he was great in that film.

Schindler's List is near the top of my must watch list. I love Liam in everything he is in, and will see it just because he is in it. He, like Sean Connery, elevates every film he is in by his pure talent and badass appeal. I love Taken to death, and Michael Collins was very satisfying. I recently saw The Grey with him as the star, and let me tell you, that film is a gem. You need to see it @DC007. Liam steals the show as per usual, and does some of the most insane things you have ever seen. There are no words for his amazing film presence.
    The Grey is on my watch list :)

Liam Neeson for me is one of the very few actors who have not done a single bad performance in their career. He truely is amazing in each of his film, be it by acting talent, magnetic presence, bad-assery or charisma.
    Liam Neeson. He's awesome.

Taken, A team, Batman Begins, Unknown and the Grey are all great films. Clash Of The Titans was ok too.
    I am probably the only one, but I really liked Clash of Titans. Fun, mindless entertainement. And Liam Neeson as the God of Gods !!!
    I am probably the only one, but I really liked Clash of Titans. Fun, mindless entertainement. And Liam Neeson as the God of Gods !!!

I liked it, but I think compared to some of his other films it's not that good.

I liked it, but I think compared to some of his other films it's not that good.

agreed, but it really is a fun film !! and it has Gemma Arterton..... :x
    I though he was good in Nell & Taken, two comepletly different films there. There's also Darkman, which is always entertaining.