*General Actor/Actress Discussion*

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,916
    Arnie has made some decent action films in his time. The films i've seen from his CV are:

Red Heat
    Predator

Terminator
    True Lies
    Terminator 2

Terminator 3
    Conan The Barbarian
    Hercules In New York
    Collateral Damage
    Last Action Hero
    Kindergarten Cop
    Jingle All The Way

The ones I made bold are the films of his I preferred. Even if Kindergarten Cop had Penelope Ann Miller ( :x ), I can't say I liked the film.
    Arnie made some decent films over the years, Predator, Commando, Terminator trilogy(3rd wasn't that good but Arnie was), Total Recall is a bit of a classic, always had a soft spot for the Running Man and End of Days. Last Action Hero gets a lot of stick and was obviously a bit of disaster for all involved at the time but I always enjoyed the film, perhaps a little ahead of it's time.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm eager to see what Arnold's return brings next year.
    I usually enjoy Arnies films.....Raw Deal and Eraser never did anything for me though.

Conan 2 should never have been quasi comedy (same sin they did with TX Chainsaw 2)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Any suggestions for an actress ladies and gents? This discussion is winding down soon.
    I was thinking either Sigourney Weaver or Jane Fonda would be fun, something for Brady to consider, but we'll go with whoever appears

I can't find much else to say about the Governator, except to say if you've never seen his 1985 epic Commando, I suggest you rush out and grab a copy, it is the epitome of, and I can't quite find the appropriate word - but it IS something to see

You can watch it at breakfast as you eat your Green Berets
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'll open up my TV guide and pick out the first 5 actresses names I see. Ok, here we go:

Lilli Palmer
    Elizabeth Taylor
    Neve Campbell
    Bette Middler
    Eva Longoria

There's 5 completely randon choices from me.
    Any suggestions for an actress ladies and gents? This discussion is winding down soon.

Robert Downey jr, Megan Fox, Harrison Ford.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    MAAATTT DAMON!!! :p

Team america FTW!!!!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Samuel L. Jackson.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Liam Neeson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who's next 0Brady? :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Alright, I saw this suggestion and really liked it. Without further ado, we have:

Neve Campbell
    NeveCampbell.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Who is she ? :-??
    Shoot me. I'd like Scream 5.

Apart from that, I like Campbell. Good actor and a number of years back would have been a good pick for a Bond film. She should work more.
    I was never one for the Scream films, even as a horror film fan they did nothing for me. And other than the Scream films, I don't think i've seen Campbell in anything.

EDIT
    I've also seen The Craft, but I don't remember much about it, let alone remember her in it.
    I like the scream films, especially the 1st.
    BUMMMMMMP
    It's been a week, maybe go onto the next actor...?
    Bill Murray?
    Same drill as last time, i'll open my TV Guide and pick out the first 5 actors names I see. Ready, here goes...

Topher Grace
    Dan Aykroyd
    Ioan Gruffudd
    Burt Reynolds
    John Cusack
    For me Neve was great in Scream, and up to 3 she was brilliant. 4 doesn't exist, like Indy 4, Spidey 3, Die Hard 2, so on. She really showed her talent there, talent that I'm afraid to say hasn't been used as properly since. I'll have the next actor up soon ladies and gents.
    Die Hard 2, so on.

I don't care what anyone says - I like Die Hard 2 :p

• edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837
    If we're suggesting the next actor, then I'd like to put forward Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and Bruce Willis.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Die Hard 2, so on.

I don't care what anyone says - I like Die Hard 2 :p

Die Hard 2 is great, just like all the Die Hards.
    What about Samuel L Jackson? Absolutely brilliant actor IMHO. Has played both good and bad roles. Would dearly love to see him play a villainous role in the Bond universe! I can already hear his distinctive voice saying "Welcvome Mr Bond! I've been expecting you!" :-bd
    I saw this suggestion and thought It'd be a good one with some differing opinions. Next up for the boys with toys, it's
    Jack Black
    1331721080_14.jpg
    Jack Black was epic in 'High Fidelity'. And he was also very funny in 'Be Kind, Rewind'. I really love these 2 films.
    School of Rock is another good one and if it comes together, a second may not be the worst idea in the world...
    Samuel001 wrote:
    School of Rock is another good one and if it comes together, a second may not be the worst idea in the world...

That film is on my watch list !
    I like Jack Black but hollywood doesn't seem to know what to do with him, School of Rock fit him like a glove as did his supporting turn in High Fidelity but a lot of the films he has been in have been poor.
    Has anyone seen the Big Year with Jack Black, Steve Martin and Owen Wilson, I like all three of these actors but haven't heard much about the film?