Bond On Set: Skyfall

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm really looking forward to purchasing this. Getting back to my job on campus and making lots of money to put towards a SF fund, of sorts: seeing the film numerous times in theaters, getting the poster, this book, whatever else I can find. It's going to be great.
  • RC7RC7
    Dreadful cover. All I can imagine is the image and text is gloss while the blue background is matte. This would add modicum of quality to it. Otherwise it's badly designed. That aside, looking forward to seeing the content. I've enjoyed all his other books.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Loved the cover, not because I love notoriously everything, that has DC in or on it ( I don't), but because I really do. So badass, with doing absolutely nothing.
    Well I would like to get one but the update James Bond Book I'm looking out for.
    This and the 'James Bond Archives' by Taschen are the most promising Bond-related books this year by far.
    I like the cover! It's retro and very different to what we have been given before.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This and the 'James Bond Archives' by Taschen are the most promising Bond-related books this year by far.

They are really the only two that jump out at me as must buys. I'll be sure to put the 'James Bond Archives' on my Christmas list as that one is quite pricey!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    They are really the only two that jump out at me as must buys. I'll be sure to put the 'James Bond Archives' on my Christmas list as that one is quite pricey!

I've seen the 'The Pedro Almodóvar Archives' by Taschen at the Waterstones Piccadilly a couple of days ago, it' huge. The 'James Bond Archives' will have the same size. It's gonna be a really big book!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Yeah same here, it is Bond On Set and The James Bond Archives for me too for christmas.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    7742917264_9050e878a9_b.jpg
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Why does DC remind me of Steve McQueen with that look and pose.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    It is because he is the icon of cool for the twenty-tens.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Because they are both symbols of manlyness and have(had) incredible style.

needless to say I am a fan of both gentlemen and there is an ongoing staring contest between McQueen's Bullit and Craig's Quantum posters going on in my living room :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Craig's face/head in that pic IMO just personifies what Bond looks and should look like to ne. He has that effortless swagger, manly and uncontrollable cool factor going on. Craig IS Bond abd that makes him the MAN.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

I've seen the 'The Pedro Almodóvar Archives' by Taschen at the Waterstones Piccadilly a couple of days ago, it' huge. The 'James Bond Archives' will have the same size. It's gonna be a really big book!

600 pages and having measured the size of it, it will be massive. Did you get a chance to look at the content of 'The Pedro Almodóvar Archives' at all? If so, what was it like?

I hope this book lives up to the hype and is full of new information that is surprising and geared towards the hardcore Bond fans, like us.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The icon in my Amazon basket for this book now has 'no image available' on it. Have they seen the negative comments and decided to re-do it and make it a bit better?
    I doubt that - apart from the fact, that I think, its pretty good image. If you just open the side on Amazon, it does show the image on the cover. What do you mean?
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    In my basket the 'no image' icon is what shows, and when I click to take it to the product it has the same. Also it is no secret that I think that the cover is very amateurish. The awful cut-out and pasted-on blue background, just awful. I was hoping they had had a re-think and come up with something better! Though I know what's between the covers will be excellent, as were the previous Bond on Set books.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,936
    jbbr_bos_capa.png

I must say it's such an honour for my fan art to be the main inspiration for the Bond On Set cover :P

SkyfallTeaser11.png

(shameless plug, I know)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I've made another version of the cover.

MARKETTOBONDONSETFANART.png
    Really like that one..
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    When is the release date for this book?
    MrBond wrote:
    When is the release date for this book?

1st October.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Just received mine.

9c0303f00d7611e2bacf123138179cfe_7.jpg
  • Ive looked in some many UK book shops locally to no avail.
    I'd love to see some scanned photos if you have the time marketto
  • I ordered mine off Amazon UK, £17.95, should be here Friday, yay! (Now I just have decide whether to read it before Oct 26th or wait!)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I've got it today, but even for me it's to much spoilers...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm buying this AFTER I see the movie.
    I plan to buy it tomorrow but not look inside until i have seen the movie! I have my own thoughts on what may happen? But will wait to see on the big screen for the answers?
  • I planned to buy this after watching the film, but decided to get it now, might aswell, if im getting it anyway. I will just have to hold off reading it till ive seen the film. Ive seen too much spoilers as it is.