Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

Getafix wrote:
    I have to agree. Major Amasova is far sexier than Natalya.

Agent007391 you never cease to amaze me !!

@Getafix you are nuts. sorry but Natalya is a billion times sexier than XXX.

Crackers! Natalya is one of the weakest Bond girls ever.

Hogwash !! Those honours go to Camille !! The ugliest, worst-dressed Bond girl in the entire franchise !!

I am no fan of Camille but she wipes the floor with that forgettable hussy from GE.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,690
    why might that be..... because *gasp* she appeared in a *gasp* Brosnan film ? and evidently everthing related to Pierce Brosnan is hideous........
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11,425
    That doesnt help. The casting was usually a disaster. I prefer Michelle Yeoh and Sophie Morceau personally. Stronger characters, which isnt saying much.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 176
    Goldeneye. Simply because I love the idea of the villian being a MI6 agent. HIs motivation was so much better than Stromberg's "build a whole new civilization" one. That and I thought Onatopp was pretty cool.
    Getafix wrote:
    That doesnt help. The casting was usually a disaster. I prefer Michelle Yeoh and Sophie Morceau personally. Stronger characters, which isnt saying much.

Amen. Sophie Marceau runs laps around Izabella. And for the record, I find Barbara Bach an excellent choice for XXX. She is really a highlight of Spy, and dare I say the best Bond girl of the 70's? I mean really, who else can top her? Solitaire? Wooden as hell performance (granted she is gorgeous). Goodhead? Another wooden expressionless performance. Barbara Bach has a killer body and I love that 70's fashion sense she has in Spy. Fierce when she needs to be. For my money she does a more convincing Russian act than Daniela Bianchi. She is truly convincing when she's pissed off at Bond when she discovers that it was him that had killed her boyfriend. Well done Ms. Bach! =D>
    TSWLM wins.

List of ratings.
    TSWLM - 13
    GE - 17
    I have always loved Barbara as XXX. She convinced me as a competent Soviet agent. Natalya on the other hand comes across as superfluous and a bit of a nag.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    actonsteve wrote:
    Natalya on the other hand comes across as superfluous and a bit of a nag.

I thought you were making some efforts to diminish your Brosnan bashing habit ?
  • TSWLM
    actonsteve wrote:

i don't have to make any efforts at all. I can post anything I like. If you don't like it - stick me on ignore.

But I am under no obligation to suit you at all. Understand?

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Both girls are good, but I find Scorupco to be superior.
    actonsteve wrote:

What does that have anything to do with Brosnan? We're talking about Natalya here, not Bros. I like Brosnan myself, but I can't stand any of his supporting cast in DAD, nor can I stand Christmas Jones. Just because one does not like certain characters, doesn't mean its symptomatic of an anti-Brosnan bias (or maybe it does for some), but at least that's not how I see it.
    actonsteve wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

i don't have to make any efforts at all. I can post anything I like. If you don't like it - stick me on ignore.

But I am under no obligation to suit you at all. Understand?

ROFL !! =)) what are you on about ? calm down...... don't get on your high horses everytime someone questions you...... take your bad mood elsewhere.

I merely remembered that you made a post in another thread where you said 'I will try to find good things in the Brosnan era'.... and I was simply asking if that post wasn't true anymore......

no need to go ballistic when someone doesn't agree with your post or asks a question about it.... you won't go far in life if you start yelling and throwing things on the ground whenever someone questions one of your statement......
    actonsteve wrote:
    I will try to give Brosnan a better deal, but I just don't think his Bond is very good.

Its going to be hard work.

[strains]

that was the post you made.... I was merely asking if you were still trying to give PB a 'better deal'

see ? there was no need for more rudeness that's been far too present on the forums this past week.

so calm down, actonsteve.... take a chill pill.
    Give it rest already
    actonsteve wrote:
    I will try to give Brosnan a better deal, but I just don't think his Bond is very good.

[strains]

that was the post you made.... I was merely asking if you were still trying to give PB a 'better deal'

see ? there was no need for more rudeness that's been far too present on the forums this past week.

Considering you have been the cause of all the rudeness and aggression - thats a tad hypocritical don't you think?

You have to learn to take criticism. You have to learn to roll with the punches. I see my favourite Bond/film torn to pieces on here regualrly and do I start throwing the furnture around?

If I chose to knock Brosnan - so be it. If I chose to compliment Brosnan then thats my prerogative.

And no poster throwing yet another tantrum is going to stop me..

whatever rocks your boat, actonsteve......... :-B
    actonsteve wrote:
    You have to learn to take criticism.

says a member of the Craig fanclub who never accepts any Craig criticism..... that's the real hypocritical statement here...
    Same old story...
    actonsteve wrote:

[strains]

I simply asked if this post was still true.... I didn't insult anybody by asking that question..... but I guess questioning a Craig fan is unnacceptable because it could mean that *gasp* some of them may be wrong sometimes..... "how dare I think a Craig fan can be wrong ? how dare I question them ?"

anyway...... back on on topic...........

this was a hard choice.... GE is about 5th in my ranking, while TSWLM is 7th, or maybe even 6th.... have to give both of them a rewatch.........
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11,189
    I'm just going to say personally I'd take Natalya 1000x over XXX (and I really like TSWLM)

Not only was Natalya homely but she had some great lines:

"Everything except the interruption"
    "Go ahead...shoot him...he means nothing to me"
    "I'm getting some coffie" (always liked that line)
    "Boys with toys"
    "WAAAKKE UUP"
    "Well don't stand there get us out of here"

Natalya wins...no bleedin' contest. Any actress that openly says they would be happy just wearing a bikini in a Bond film is fine with me.

Barbara - "HOW...INTERESTING"
    BAIN123 wrote:

which scene was that ?
    BAIN123 wrote:

which scene was that ?

When Bond is in the lift at Atlantis (I think). The doors open and we hear her comment on something Naiomi is showing her.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

which scene was that ?

When Bond is in the lift at Atlantis (I think). The doors open and we hear her comment on something Naiomi is showing her.

thanks. Bach was dubbed, wasn't she ? so it's not her fault if the line fell flat.... the problem was that she didn't show any facial emotions.... I remember the scene where Sir Rog tells her he killed her husband..... Moore totally owned the scene.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I'm just going to say personally I'd take Natalya 1000x over XXX (and I really like TSWLM)

Not only was Natalya homely but she had some great lines:

"Everything except the interruption"
    "Go ahead...shoot him...he means nothing to me"
    "I'm getting some coffie" (always liked that line)
    "Boys with toys"
    "WAAAKKE UUP"
    "Well don't stand there get us out of here"

Natalya wins...no bleedin' contest. Any actress that openly says they would be happy just wearing a bikini in a Bond film is fine with me.

Those are good, except the "WAAAKKE UUP" line, talk about jarring. Her husky voice makes my ears bleed in that scene.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

which scene was that ?

thanks. Bach was dubbed, wasn't she ? so it's not her fault if the line fell flat.... the problem was that she didn't show any facial emotions.... I remember the scene where Sir Rog tells her he killed her husband..... Moore totally owned the scene.

Was she dubbed? I don't think so. I think some of the flack she gets here is a bit harsh but even so...Natalya wins hands down to me. She's more charming and far less robotic.

Also I like the way she says" Trust you? I don't even know your name"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Was she dubbed? I don't think so. I think some of the flack she gets here is a bit harsh but even so...Natalya wins hands down to me. She's more charming and far less robotic.

weird, I always had the impression Bach was dubbed. Ok then she has no excuse for the 'how.... interesting' line :p
    BAIN123 wrote:

weird, I always had the impression Bach was dubbed. Ok then she has no excuse for the 'how.... interesting' line :p

She might have been dubbed. I don't know but always assumed she wasn't.

I just remember hearing that line when I saw the film again and thought...urgh!
    BAIN123 wrote:

I think Moore had some of the worst girls in the franchise..... so many irritating voices !! poor Rog no wonder he rogerized them to have some peace....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:

I think Moore had some of the worst girls in the franchise..... so many irritating voices !! poor Rog no wonder he rogerized them to have some peace....

YES @DC007, NICE WORK! =D>
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 1,497
    BAIN123 wrote:

I'd roger Britt Eklund that's for sure, I don't care how annoying she is.