Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    This is too close... I vote for both.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Rule breaker.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Rule breaker.

Every day.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Rule breaker.

Every day.
    They had to change my middle name to DANGER. And yes, it is really in all caps.

• edited June 2012 Posts: 5,634
    You can't vote for both films ?!

You have to (or should) pick one way or the other

If there was a real difficult choice such as Moonraker vs The World Is Not Enough, I would just evaluate, and make a decision, as tough as it was, I wouldn't vote for both releases, sounds like a bit of a silly conclusion, no offense or anything

In any event, this is quite enough for one night

I-)
    TSWLM. I do like GE a lot though. Just personal preference that get TSWLM over the line for me.
    Kerim wrote:
    Goldeneye hands down for me because Natalya's "Boys with toys" line was better than Barbara Bach's entire acting job in TSWLM.

:)) :)) Thats got to be the post of the day.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 344
    TSWLM Just such a joyous, fun, film. Always guaranteed to bring a smile to my face. They pull out all the stops on this one. Magnificent stuff. Union Jacks are everywhere at the moment, and that Spy stunt, still makes you catch your breath all these years later.
    TSWLM Just such a joyous, fun, film. Always guaranteed to bring a smile to my face. They pull out all the stops on this one. Magnificent stuff. Union Jacks are everywhere at the moment, and that Spy stunt, still makes you catch your breath all these years later.

That stunt is amazing!

It's such a close call really. GE is #5 atm and Spy is #6.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    TSWLM

Though not the best Moore, but it's clearly a Moore film. GE is a Dalton film, that's missing it's most vital componant- Dalton. GE looks like a 3rd rate tv movie, it's so rough looking, and grey. TSWLM is more colourful, and a bit more entertaining.

Does it really look anymore "TV-movie-ish" than it's predecessor? I don't think so.

Anyway, don't want to get off topic.

Can I suggest some future rounds?

GE vs. TND (there seems to be quite a bit of appreciation for TND on these boards)
    TLD vs. CR (not sure if that's been done already)
    DAF vs. QoS

It would be more humane to pit Brosnan against himself.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    No brainer for me.

The Spy Who Loved Me

For many many years, nobody did it better.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    GE
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11,425
    I dont understand the criticisms of Spy. How can you be a Bond fan and not like the ski jump? Even as a guilty pleasure.

I cannot think of a single scene in GE that I would rate more highly than Spy. Spy is a work of almost flawless art.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Getafix wrote:
    I dont understand the criticisms of Spy. How can you not like the ski jump?

GE doesn't have Barbara Bach !! but I agree that the sky jump is just amazing. I pick GE, but TSWLM is not far behind.
    Getafix wrote:

GE doesn't have Barbara Bach !!

Even more reason to dislike GE. Barbara is one of the all time sexiest Bond girls. Despite her ropey acting she totally pulls it off. Brilliant casting - it should not have worked but totally does.

Way to go Ringo!

Getafix wrote:
    I dont understand the criticisms of Spy. How can you be a Bond fan and not like the ski jump? Even as a guilty pleasure.

I cannot think of a single scene in GE that I would rate more highly than Spy. Spy is a work of almost flawless art.

You REALLY need to meet Luds.

He calls her a freakish alien.

Isabella runs rings abound Barbara.
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Even more reason to dislike GE. Barbara is one of the all time sexiest Bond girls. Despite her ropey acting she totally pulls it off. Brilliant casting - it should not have worked but totally does.

Way to go Ringo!

She's hideous! :-&
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 172
    GoldenEye.
    The third Bond film in my list!
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Way to go Ringo!

You guys are either blind or batting for the other side.

Barbara is worth at least two Famkes and a skip load of Issabellas.
    @Getafix do you also find Irma Bunt sexy ?
    No, but I'm guessing Lotte Lenya comes pretty high up your wish list.
    Getafix wrote:

ROFL no she doesn't !! I was just asking, since you find Barbara Bach attractive, it wouldn't have surprised me you'd also treasure Irma Bunt and Lott Lenya as well !!

no Getafix I'm sure you'll find no difficulties in bedding women like Bach - since you're the only one in line !!

@Getafix come over to the good side of the force

Guardian-photoshoot-2010-gemma-arterton-17323480-1200-1800.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    GE
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

I have to agree. Major Amasova is far sexier than Natalya.
    Getafix wrote:

ROFL no she doesn't !! I was just asking, since you find Barbara Bach attractive, it wouldn't have surprised me you'd also treasure Irma Bunt and Lott Lenya as well !!

no Getafix I'm sure you'll find no difficulties in bedding women like Bach - since you're the only one in line !!

@Getafix come over to the good side of the force

Guardian-photoshoot-2010-gemma-arterton-17323480-1200-1800.jpg

Gemma is a stunna but a poor Bond girl.

Btw, how does Gemma support you argument in favour of GE...?
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Way to go Ringo!

You guys are either blind or batting for the other side.

Barbara is worth at least two Famkes and a skip load of Issabellas.

Now would seem like a good time to enter rehab.

Agent007391 you never cease to amaze me !!

@Getafix you are nuts. sorry but Natalya is a billion times sexier than XXX.
    no, no, no

Crackers! Natalya is one of the weakest Bond girls ever. She does not have a single memrable scene and wears dull 90s secretary clothes through out. Nothing on Barbara in a wet ball gown.
    Getafix wrote:

Crackers! Natalya is one of the weakest Bond girls ever.

Hogwash !! Those honours go to Camille !! The ugliest, worst-dressed Bond girl in the entire franchise !!