Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    TLD
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    TLD Better movie by far (with better villains).
    The Living Daylights
  • This is extreamly close for me to call. But I'll give it to FYEO by just a hair.
    FYEO a brilliant 007 movie.
  • TLD
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    This one's a tricky. I really like both, but I have to give it to <b>TLD</b>
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    The Living Daylights. Save for a few things, it's a great Bond film. FYEO is one of Moore's better films, however.
  • FYEO
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Toning down on the shtick in FYEO was nice. Eliminating the sthick in TLD was even better.
    Kerim wrote:
    Toning down on the shtick in FYEO was nice. Eliminating the sthick in TLD was even better.
    Did you forget about Rosika Miklos?

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Relatively tame compared to the DAF-AVTAK period.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    FYEO is a top Bond film, and easily one of Roger Moore's finest.
    But The Living Daylights, has always ranked in my top three of the series, since I first saw it.
    One of the greatest Bond films.
    The Living Daylights.
    Also, FYEO also was great, but Moore was aging...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love both of these films, so tough choice.
    I will go with FYEO overall. But almost a tie for me.
  • For Your Eyes Only. Superb film that would have shone in any Bond era.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    00Beast wrote:
    Easily TLD. John Barry music, a Bond actor better suited to a more serious Fleming portrayal, much more chemistry between Bond and his leading lady, and a more exciting final battle give TLD the edge for me.

Yeah, the final battle in TLD easily trumps the dull ending of FYEO. It was a disappointment during my last FYEO watching to see how boring and lackluster the finale was. Such a shame too, because the rock-climbing sequence is really cool!

Agreed. I understand EON was trying to do something different here but I have to admit the Lewis Gilbert-directed style of final battles kinda spoiled it for me. Not a bad "The Saint" finale but I tend to want more.
    The Living Daylights IMO. I enjoy FYEO but to me TLD just has a bit more excitement and consistancy to it.
    I do like TLD but it drags in the middle, so FYEO for me.
    Sorry for the big delay, but the results are in: FYEO had 9 votes, and TLD had 12 votes, so TLD is our winner!

The next round is: On Her Majesty's Secret Service vs. The Spy Who Loved Me
    I like timothy Dalton's films but I have to choose
    FYEO

It is one of Moore's best films (I rank it 2nd to OP) and it was very enjoyable. TLD gives it good competition but I go with FYEO because the villians are stronger (Kristatos and Locke, even Gonzalez) The girl is sexier in FYEO (Carole Bouquet(sp) is hotter than Marrianne D'Abo)
    OHMSS
    OHMSS
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 11,189
    OHMSS for this one - though I do enjoy Spy aswell.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service. This is too easy for those select few that can't stand The Spy Who Loved Me.
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service. This is too easy for those select few that can't stand The Spy Who Loved Me.

LOL
    ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
  • I'm actually going to say The Spy Who Loved Me. Although I do really like OHMSS...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2012 Posts: 2,630
    Albert R. Broccoli and Harry Saltzman presents James Bond 007 in
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service!