Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited February 2012 Posts: 2,629
    QOS. At least I can sit through QOS without cringing.
    Quantum of Solace

I love AVTAK it occurred in the middle of my eighties Bond mania but QoS is the better film. QoS wins on the Tosca scene alone.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QoS. You all know why by now. No sense in retyping it all out.
    Quantum of Solace
  • I prefer A View To A Kill. For all its faults (and there are many), it had enough 'James Bond moments' to lift it above the disappointing Quantum of Solace.

I think the Golden Gate Bridge ending was a decent set piece, and the knowledge that this was Moore's last outing, coupled with a beautiful John Barry score, lends the film a certain 'end of an era' sentimental quality.

Plus, whisper it quietly, but if his advancing years (something I did not notice at all as a kid) don't distract you, it's a very classy portrayal of Bond by a man utterly comfortable in the role.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 11,189
    A View to a Kill.

It's Moore fun :D

Plus Christopher Walken, Patrick Macnee and John Barry. Also, it was made the year I was born ;)
    A View to a Kill
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Quantum of Solace by far. Here's one good thing AVTAK had: Christopher Walken. Everything else is far inferior to Quantum of Solace.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    I don't even know what to pick, as I really dislike both of these films. But AVTAK has Christopher Walken as Max Zorin, so I choose AVTAK. AVTAK also has the better score.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Quantum Of Solace but it's close, it really is.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    QOS is saved from being the worst in the series by only AVTAK.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A tough choice but Solace wins for me.

QOS
  • Quantum, easily.
    Both Bond films are towards the bottom of my list, but I'm giving it to Quantum of Solace. Better Bond and better Bond girls. (Although AVTAK had the better villain by far.)

16. Quantum of Solace (2008) - 6/10
    17. The World Is Not Enough (1999) - 6/10
    18. Diamonds Are Forever (1971) - 5.5/10
    19. Moonraker (1979) - 5.5/10
    20. A View to a Kill (1985) - 5.5/10
    A view to a kill gives me a greater quantum of solace than the last movie from the 007 franchise will ever give me.
    This is a tough one. Two films that get little "love" in this chat room. I actually like AVTAK and I do not dislike QoS...
    I will abstain from voting on this one. I will sit back and enjoy all your comments.

• Both are hardly going to win Bond epic of the century but looking back I give this round to A View to a Kill, QOS left a sour taste in the mouth and at least with 'Kill you can have a laugh at some genuine unintentional moments of humor, it was just mainly frustration with the latter
    Both are hardly going to win Bond epic of the century but looking back I give this round to A View to a Kill, QOS left a sour taste in the mouth and at least with 'Kill you can have a laugh at some genuine unintentional moments of humor, it was just mainly frustration with the latter

That sums up my thoughts aswell sadly.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A View To A Kill

Much better than the poorly plotted, nauseating editing that QOS proved to be.
    At least imo.
  • Quantum of Solace
    AVTAK for me, not the best but just has more of a classic Bond feel compared to QOS which could be any old straight to DVD action film.
    I agree with the last post. I often defend QoS but basically AVTAK feels like a real (if slightly dodgy) Bond film and has one of the last great Bind villains. QoS (Tosca scene apart) doesn't often feel like a proper Bond.

AVTAK
    Current Score:

AVTAK: 9 votes
    QoS: 15 votes

Still a good match, but it seems like Quantum of Solace has triumphed over A View to a Kill.

All right, we'll be moving on to the next round now!

We'll have a double dose of Brosnan in a showdown between Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is not Enough
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    TND Yeah! First vote!
    TND
    I'd go for TWINE on this one. It may be flawed but it tries a bit harder and doesn't have a second half that's just action set pieces.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,901
    TND, easily. TWINE is like a badly written, badly acted feature length episode of Eastenders.

Though i'd pay to hear one of the TWINE cast shout 'nah I ain't gonna tew yoo again'. ;)
  • TND
    My vote goes out to Tomorrow Never Dies

I enjoy the action more in TND, and also the villains and the plot, which is a little more easily understood. Though let it be said, TWINE is quickly climbing up the rankings, and may soon surpass TND. However, for right now, TND is the better of the two.
    TND.