Blood Stone Appreciation

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 23,448
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    There will be a skyfall videogame??

I seem to recall that they're planning to have the release of a new game coincide with the release of the film. Will it be a game called SF, working from the film's script, like QoS? I don't know but I doubt it honestly.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I seem to recall that they're planning to have the release of a new game coincide with the release of the film. Will it be a game called SF, working from the film's script, like QoS? I don't know but I doubt it honestly.

They have clear until November, so I expect a great game, considering how long they've already had to work on it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DarthDimi wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

They have clear until November, so I expect a great game, considering how long they've already had to work on it.

If it's a Skyfall game, not that long. I doubt Eon gave Activision anything before the formal announcement. Personally, I hope there are two games in 2012. In 2010, it worked, we got two class Bond games. I say it can work again.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

If it's a Skyfall game, not that long. I doubt Eon gave Activision anything before the formal announcement. Personally, I hope there are two games in 2012. In 2010, it worked, we got two class Bond games. I say it can work again.

I believe Activision usually get set photos, an idea of scenes, and more things appearing in the film to go on, so if the past repeats itself they will have a lot of things to go on to help make a Skyfall video game treatment.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DarthDimi wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I believe Activision usually get set photos, an idea of scenes, and more things appearing in the film to go on, so if the past repeats itself they will have a lot of things to go on to help make a Skyfall video game treatment.

I bet they have a lot of resources now, but they probably didn't long before the film was officially announced (and I mean as Skyfall, not back when the announcement that "Bond 23 will happen" came out).
    Definitely, I see what you mean now.
    Plus, most movie-based games are rushed. Even QoS felt rushed at times (like during those really bad quicktime events).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I never go in with high expectations for these games anyway, which is really why QOS and BS worked so well for me. I figured they would be mediocre at best and IMO they were slightly better than mediocre - good even at times - so that in the end, I was more than pleased and satisfied with the result.
    I usually do that too Dini but I was REALLY looking forward to Blood Stone hoping it would be a next gen EON. I liked it but it dissipointed me. I went into GE Reloaded with average expectations and the results were much better.
    Blood Stone is my second favorite Bond game, right behind the invincible Nightfire. Blood Stone has top notch, smooth, quality gameplay/controls, amazing gunfights, brutal, bone-crushing hand-to-hand combat, high speed and high stakes driving (the best of any 007 video game), incredible graphics and locations, and one of my favorites: real life AI, who can actually be fooled like real humans!
    For Those Interested 50% off bloodstone on steam for the next 16 hours.
  • oo7oo7
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,068
    screenshot_234605.jpg

• edited June 2012 Posts: 6,432
    only just bought bloodstone and playing it now. other than the remake of goldeneye which i had on the wii, neglected bond games since qos really did not like it, in fact asked for my money back i disliked it that much. bloodstone thankfully has grabbed me so far, the two chases in the pre title sequence were decent, graphically looked good.
    Skyfall is one of the chapters in 007 Legends. Begin crying, now. Eurocom needs to get out of the business of Bond. Activision needs to get out of the business of Bond.
    Why exactly are you posting this on the Blood Stone appreciation thread?
    Why exactly are you posting this on the Blood Stone appreciation thread?

Good question.
    Speaking of blood stone people still play it on ps3 right??
    I absolutely love this game! This is how new Bond games should be done properly! You've got the awesome third person view with excellent handling and movement, the realistic weapon handling where only two can be carried at a time, incredible graphics, life-like AI that are just as smart as they are easily fooled, knuckle-dusting combat action, and life-in-the-fast-lane driving levels! I am amazed every time I play this masterpiece.
    00Beast wrote:
    the realistic weapon handling where only two can be carried at a time

How exactly is that realistic? If he were going on stealth missions constantly, yes, that's realistic, in fact it would be stupid to even carry two unless they're both handguns, but, people can carry more than two weapons at a time if all of them fit in holsters or have shoulder slings.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I remember thinking BS was 'good': not great, not bad, but it was marginal. I wouldn't go back and spend $50 on it like I did, and while I certainly wouldn't go the lengths and call it a 'masterpiece,' it was pretty entertaining.
    I bought it in March of 2011 (a mere 5 months after its original release) and it was $20. Amazon and I had some good times.
    I bought it in March of 2011 (a mere 5 months after its original release) and it was $20. Amazon and I had some good times.

That's when I got it too!
  • oo7oo7
    just started playing max payne. I wonder how could the bond game could have been this year if they had kept producing games like bloodstone, def was getting close to payne or red deads multi player .
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    lol It's been a year since anyone has posted in this thread, guess I'll revive it. I played this on the XBOX 360 and loved it. I just bought it yesterday on the PS3 and I'm still enjoying it. Believe it or not there are still people playing this online! I think next I will be buying GoldenEye 007: Reloaded on the PS3. I hope people are still playing it online.
    I've been playing Blood Stone on PC the last few days and have been enjoying it. I found this on video on youtube today and I thought I'd share. This person edited gameplay and cutscenes, along with trailers, to make a full length movie out of the game. The length is 2 hours, 11 minutes, and 45 seconds.

I can't speak for the quality of the whole thing because I haven't watched it all, but it seems interesting enough. Sorry if this has been shared before.
    Just completely finished the Blood Stone PC version. I loved every minute of this! I'm going to go back to Quantum of Solace now and beat it, and then Nightfire again just for the heck of it. Hoping for a new game in the next 2 years on PC, and consoles.
  • TigerTanakaTigerTanaka Welcome to Japan, Mr. Bond
    Blood Stone wasn't as bad as the reviews say imo. Also, not sure if it was intentional but the bond costume in the Istanbul levels seems to me like a nod to Roger Moore's costume (the olive green jacket) in FYEO.
    Blood Stone wasn't as bad as the reviews say imo. Also, not sure if it was intentional but the bond costume in the Istanbul levels seems to me like a nod to Roger Moore's costume (the olive green jacket) in FYEO.

He did use the TSWLM alias on that card in QoS.

You mean this one?

538579-007-blood-stone-xbox-360-screenshot-arriving-in-istanbul-in.jpg

That doesn't look anything like an olive green jacket to me. :-/
    I love bloodstone and consider it and goldeneye reloaded the last great bond games I beat 007 legends but haven't played it since 2012.