Blood Stone Appreciation

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Because then, amidst all the good games, there would be games like (to use a Bond reference) Bond and Q having a love making scene (and I mean the Desmond Llewelyn Q) that would be completely interactive. Or a similar scene in a Metal Gear game which involves Solid Snake and his twin brother Liquid Snake.

For every normal fan, there's those freaks that believe the only stories that will please them involves guy-on-guy when no homosexual interactions are even hinted at.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Because then, amidst all the good games, there would be games like (to use a Bond reference) Bond and Q having a love making scene (and I mean the Desmond Llewelyn Q) that would be completely interactive. Or a similar scene in a Metal Gear game which involves Solid Snake and his twin brother Liquid Snake.

For every normal fan, there's those freaks that believe the only stories that will please them involves guy-on-guy when no homosexual interactions are even hinted at.
    No, it is because Activision only care about $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
  • Here were the screenshots showing the Raven game in action:
    article-1291918835638-0C6A6838000005DC-235148_636x300.jpg
    Raven%20Bond%202--article_image.jpg
    Raven%20Bond%20header--article_image.jpg
    jamesraven.jpg
    gaming_activision_raven_firslook4d.jpg

free running sequence, awesome
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Here were the screenshots showing the Raven game in action:
    article-1291918835638-0C6A6838000005DC-235148_636x300.jpg
    Raven%20Bond%202--article_image.jpg
    Raven%20Bond%20header--article_image.jpg
    jamesraven.jpg
    gaming_activision_raven_firslook4d.jpg

free running sequence, awesome

A-la Uncharted 3.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 and assasins creed
    Hopefully when the Skyfall video game treatment comes it is 3rd person, instead of the same old 1st person Activision is so focused on. Blood Stone was enjoyable in third person, and would've been horrible in 1st person. Then the second treatment should be this Raven game...hopefully! [-O<
    Hopefully when the Skyfall video game treatment comes it is 3rd person, instead of the same old 1st person Activision is so focused on. Blood Stone was enjoyable in third person, and would've been horrible in 1st person. Then the second treatment should be this Raven game...hopefully! [-O<

If I had to guess, the Raven game will come out first and be 3rd person (see above). And I'm guessing that Eurocom is working on the Skyfall game, and something tells me it will be in 1st person. Unfortunately Goldeneye sold well and Blood Stone didn't meaning Activision will want the game to be in 1st person. Now I DO like FPS Bond games, but I really want that next gen Everything Or Nothing I've been waiting for
    bondbat007 wrote:

If I had to guess, the Raven game will come out first and be 3rd person (see above). And I'm guessing that Eurocom is working on the Skyfall game, and something tells me it will be in 1st person. Unfortunately Goldeneye sold well and Blood Stone didn't meaning Activision will want the game to be in 1st person. Now I DO like FPS Bond games, but I really want that next gen Everything Or Nothing I've been waiting for

Blood Stone sold bad because it was released with GE and several more competition, and suffered, not because it was in 3rd person.
    bondbat007 wrote:

Blood Stone sold bad because it was released with GE and several more competition, and suffered, not because it was in 3rd person.

You're 100% right. But Activision won't see it that way.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The magazine PSM3, believes that Neversoft is working on the Skyfall game as they've recently been hiring for an unnamed FPS...
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    bondbat007 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

You're 100% right. But Activision won't see it that way.

You also, are 100% right. All Activision see is "Call of Duty is an FPS, they all beat previous records for sales, let's do that with the Bond games and get rich!". >:P
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    There will be a skyfall videogame??
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The magazine PSM3, believes that Neversoft is working on the Skyfall game as they've recently been hiring for an unnamed FPS...

But they work for Activision it could also be something COD related. I like Neversoft though. Big fan of the early Tony Hawk games. Guess we'll see
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

But they work for Activision it could also be something COD related. I like Neversoft though. Big fan of the early Tony Hawk games. Guess we'll see

One point they made was, it wasn't Call of Duty related.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

One point they made was, it wasn't Call of Duty related.

An Activision FPS that isn't Call of Duty? It very well could be Bond then
    Exactly. And Neversoft giving Bond their first go can't be bad either.
    Samuel001 wrote:

They're defiantly more of an inspired choice than Bizzare
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yes, well Bizarre's claim to fame was Project Gotham Racing, meaning that people would have contracted them primarily for racing games (Blur, anyone?). Neversoft, although they've primarily done Tony Hawk, also did a couple of great Spider-Man games back on the PS1 (though I don't know what else they've done since, besides Tony Hawk).
    Why aren't developers picked for developing video games based on what they're strength is?! There is plenty of great action/adventure developers out there to choose from, but no. We get Activision and their various branches of developers they have on their leashes. Seriously, one game by a racing game developer, and now another by a skate boarding developer?
    I think we need to push developers, make them do something outside their boundaries, like what Kojima Productions is doing with Platinumgames with Metal Gear Rising.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yes, well Bizarre's claim to fame was Project Gotham Racing, meaning that people would have contracted them primarily for racing games (Blur, anyone?). Neversoft, although they've primarily done Tony Hawk, also did a couple of great Spider-Man games back on the PS1 (though I don't know what else they've done since, besides Tony Hawk).

I think Neversoft only did the one spidey game, which was the first one. Enter Electro was done by someone else I believe.
    Ah, yes. Vicarious Visions did Enter Electro.
    Vicarious Visions is another developer to watch out for. They currently have 3 unannounced projects. One of them may be a Bond game
    I don't know if I want that or not. Maybe they can make a good Bond game, but they haven't always had a good track record.
    The only BIG project they've ever had on PS3/360 was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. And it was OK, but that was mostly to the great story and basically doing everything that Raven did with the first game. Who knows though? They could do well
    I guess, especially if they did what they did with MUA2 and just copy what made the previous game better, in this case, hopefully they copy Blood Stone.

Though, my view of MUA2 is somewhat tainted, as I've only played the N-Space driven PS2 version (all I could afford at the time, plus I had the other three games on the PS2), but I did still like the story.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

They also made the western game Gun for Activision, back when CoD wasn't the only thing they released. Shame we never got Gun II.
    Yeah, I liked Gun, primarily due to the voice cast, the world itself was just... empty (granted, I know it was the old west, and you wouldn't find horse & buggies out in the old west like you would cars today, but in a video game reality, it would have been much appreciated).
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,107
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I mainly, even today, play it because of the voice cast and story. But it was a good first try from Neversoft in the field of free-roaming. Like you said ; it was just too empty and when you have played the story you haven't got anything to do, and the world is also quite limited. When you rode in the first town and tried to follow the train tracks, you soon hit an invisible wall. Rockstar at least hides their wall in a way that it isn't so obvious. Like mountains you cant climb without equipment or a water you can't cross because you're a cowboy who can't swim. Even in their early (3d) GTA's. Still it was a good try, and you didn't have free-roaming westerns like Red Dead Redemption back then.
  • While we're talking about developers, I wouldn't mind volition making a future bond game. Saints row 3 had great combat and driving, and unlike todays FPS bond games, it had alot of variety in missions