The NEW AND IMPROVED James Bond Trivia Quiz

12346»

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I feel like @RichardTheBruce 's round wasn't officially concluded. Did I miss something there?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Was there an answer?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I don't know, but it would've been good to get some kind of confirmation before moving on.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oh that was a fine transition I thought @QBranch.

Appreciate the opportunity to collect those like items. It played out to a point, and with the pause discussion redirected. Thanks for everyone's patience with me of course. (If there are additional suggestions I'll add them.)

If it warrants a named winner: @j_w_pepper kicked it off by naming NSNA and asking for the letter of the law. Well done!

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2023 Posts: 14,957
    I think it's a good enough subject to have its own thread.
    Mmm yes. Combined with @Gerard's and @goldenswissroyale's new direction with Bond mentions in a mainstream film I guess.

I'm traveling at the moment, can establish it sometime in the future as soliciting for the two topics. Two lists, under one discussion. Thanks for the suggestion @mtm.

Coming soon.
    2353c0c153a18a9e909f38dba4041f1cfc65d79c.gifv
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 8,691

If it warrants a named winner: @j_w_pepper kicked it off by naming NSNA and asking for the letter of the law. Well done!

Thank you, but your initial instruction was "last one added wins". NSNA was the first you added, if I read the first few posts on this subject correctly.

Then I will rewrite the law later when I have time @j_w_pepper.

Let's kick the New Year (a bit in advance, I admit) with a trivia question : What did the costume department use to create one of the most iconic clothes of the series ? I'm talking here about a very specific piece of clothing, and it didn't take much work to change it. Clue : Those who have visited Bond by Design might know what I'm talking about.
    Allright, one clue : it's something that's needed by half the population on this planet.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I'm at a loss here @Gerard which film was this iconic fashion piece used?

I was thinking of Jinx's belt in DAD? But am likely way off!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Basically the only pieces of clothing that immediately come to my mind as being "iconic"
    let alone "most iconic"are Honey Ryder's bikini and Blofeld's Nehru jacket (Bond's pink tie from DAF doesn't qualify for me). I just don't suppose either of those is actually needed by half of mankind.
    Sorry to have taken so long to reply, but my computer has given up the ghost last week. I'm now in my local library, using one of their computers, and I don't know when I'll be able to use mine. Back to the question :

@j_w_pepper , you're on the right track. Sohere are a few more clues : That peice of clothing is something very close to the person who wore that costume. And it was an improvisation, done on the eve of the filming of the scene in which the costume appeared.
    Okay, one more clue : It's not near the bottom. In fact, think top.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I presume it's a bra, but I can't think of an iconic one in the Bond films.
    I was thinking of a bra as well (see my post about Ursula's bikini), but I keep refusing to accept that half of mankind (i.e., womankind) actually need a bra.
    Well, J_W, the point goes to you. That was indeed Ursula Andress's bra that was used to create the top of the bikini she wore in DN. The costume lady in charge of making that bikini, Tessa Welborn, asked for one of the actress's bras on the eve of filming that iconic scene, and used the armature and a piece of white cotton to create that iconic top, with the help of Terence Young and Ursula Andress herself. I learned that piece of trivia while visiting the Bond by Design exhibition in Paris in 2016. Now, on to you.
    Ah, so I was lucky! I failed to find that particular part of the story...until now:

"The bikini top was constructed in cotton over Ursula Andress’ own underwire bra, so the top offers her plenty of support for the action scenes." I'll try to think up something new asap.