The NEW AND IMPROVED James Bond Trivia Quiz

Comments

Nice try. Perdur Glynn I believe his name was. But no.
  • Hint #2: This character is from a novelization
    Spelled out that means this character is from TSWLM, MR, LTK, GE, TND, TWINE, or DAD
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Maybe Agent XXX's lover?
  • That is correct! His name is Sergei Borzov. On to you for the next question
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh wow- I wasn't expecting to get that right! :D Great question!

I'll come up with one as soon as I can.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 11 Posts: 15,681
    Okay go on then, as Gerard asked a car-based one here's another:

Which car appeared in both a Sean 007 movie and a Roger 007 movie?

(I have a particular answer in mind and think there's only one, but might be missing something of course!)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Cubby's Silver Cloud II in both TB and AVTAK?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's the one! Nice work :D
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Ooooh, I really have to think of something quickly, or I'll forget it yet another time. Remind me if I don't revert until tomorrow night, please...though I'll be away all day tomorrow.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Providing a gentle nudge to @j_w_pepper to come up with the next question
    Sorry, guys, I've really been looking at it up and down on several occasions since the "gentle nudge", but haven't managed to find anything that satisfies my desire to be neither banal (as in "a non-Bond fan could guess this correctly") nor overly elaborate (as in "you really have to do some internet research to find the solution"). So anybody who wishes to post a question please do so.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 9 Posts: 14,331
    I have a really hard one, and I am talking about trivia quizzes here. You won't find this one on the internet.

What do these scenes have in common?

Gadget time in the San Moniquan hotel (LALD)
    Kananga's henchman operating the elevator under the gravestone in the cavern lair (LALD)
    Bond and Christmas outside the missile silo in Kazakhstan (TWINE)
    edited June 9 Posts: 14,331
    QBranch wrote: »
    Gadget time in the San Moniquan hotel (LALD)
    First clue: Not the bug detector, but the other one. You can find this first detail on the internet.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    My immediate thought was that the hairbrush prop later featured in an episode of Doctor Who, but I can't think how that relates to the others!
    Yes! I knew you'd get it @mtm! All three scenes feature a prop that would later appear in Doctor Who!

Morse code hairbrush appears in Doctor Who
    Kananga's lair control panel to operate the gravestone elevator appears in Doctor Who
    IDA equipment from the TWINE silo appears in Doctor Who

I'll flesh that out more in the Who thread.

Your turn, @mtm!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh wow, I didn't know that! Do you know which stories they're in? I don't recognise them immediately.

You can actually see Scaramanga's laser gun prop in the background in a scene in the story Planet of Fire!
    Nice! Didn't know about the laser gun, but I'll list the episodes and some pics over there now.
    Good one. But never having seen a single episode of Doctor Who, I wouldn't have had an idea.
    Are we waiting for @mtm to pose a question? Or is this an open thread where anyone can pose a question? I should be clear that I don't have a question. :)
    As a suggestion, why not give any winner a week to find a new question. When that week passes, it's first come, first asked. So in this case, @mtm found the solution on the 9th, so he has until the end of the 16th to post a new question. Or longer of course, unless anyone else is quicker than him. Sound ok?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nothing is springing to mind immediately so I don't mind if you want to step in, thedove!
    What is the connection between these actors?

Tania Mallet
    Leonard Barr
    Christopher Walken
    Toby Stephens
    Clue: The connection can be seen in the Bond films.
    Making sure i understand the question, the actors share something in common and that connection is found in the films?
    edited June 21 Posts: 14,331
    That's correct @thedove. Two of the examples are well known because they're easily spotted on screen.

Clue: In regards to the connection, one of the actors appears to not be in character for one moment. It looks like more of an actor cameo. (For example: if Brosnan played Bond throughout the films, but for one quick moment we saw Brosnan as himself, and not playing Bond.)
    What is the connection between these Bond actors?

Tania Mallet
    Leonard Barr
    Christopher Walken
    Toby Stephens

- The connection between these actors can be seen in the Bond films.
    - For a moment, one of the actors above appears to not be playing their character, but themself.
    - Two of the examples happen inside an aircraft, one in a hotel room, and one in an office.
    High life people: Now vogue!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Do their characters all get pictured in print?
    @mtm That's right, mate - specifically, these Bond film actors can be seen inside or on the cover of magazines. Maybe there are more, while others appear in newspapers.

Tania Mallet: seen on the cover of 'Vogue' magazine in cockpit of Goldfinger's jet:
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53848530727_9d23f0ca9f_h.jpg

Leonard Barr: seen inside 'Now' guide to Las Vegas, held by Bond in hotel room:
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53849774329_4c024fd637_b.jpg

Christopher Walken: seen on the cover of 'Sports Illustrated' and 'People' magazine in office (seen briefly in the film):
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53848531922_fa87dc3c84_o.jpg

Toby Stephens: seen on the cover and inside 'British Airways High Life' magazine on plane:
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53849678553_816df699a1_b.jpg

It's debatable whether Tania Mallet's appearance on the cover of Vogue is meant to be Tilly Masterson (I don't believe so, but rather just an Easter egg). The magazine came out many months before the release of GF, and from what I can see, Tania Mallet's name is not mentioned at all in the magazine.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Gosh I never knew about those Mallet and Walken ones: good eyes!
    There he is on the Keeper of Traken's chair! :D