The MI6 Community by Favourite Bond Film

Comments

Benny wrote: »
    Dr.No

For some reason I had this vivid image in my mind that OP was your favourite, and I don't know why.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Dr.No

For some reason I had this vivid image in my mind that OP was your favourite, and I don't know why.

It is one of my favourites, most definitely.
    And certainly resides in my top five. It always entertains me and I love it dearly. One of the underrated films of the series for me. The highs far out weigh the lows.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dr.No

It is one of my favourites, most definitely.
    And certainly resides in my top five. It always entertains me and I love it dearly. One of the underrated films of the series for me. The highs far out weigh the lows.

It's gold, definitely one of the most underrated in the series and I always love seeing you champion it.
    Isn't there someone here though, one of the more "famous" MI6 members so to speak, who is widely known for having OP at #1 and their immense love of it?
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    I hope that each film gets at least one vote. I know I have seen each one cited as a favorite at least once in the past.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited May 2022 Posts: 3,390
    Count me in as someone who loves OHMSS.
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service is my absolute favorite.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I hope that each film gets at least one vote. I know I have seen each one cited as a favorite at least once in the past.

Yes I hope so too.

Am slightly surprised by the low turnout for Sir Rog’s films but it’s early days yet I suppose
    I would have 5 that would vie for my absolute favourite. For now, since OHMSS, TLD, and CR, are off the ground, I will say....
    LICENCE TO KILL
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited May 2022 Posts: 3,390
    I'm surprised, no one has ever mentioned Skyfall and Thunderball yet, despite it being two of the more popular Bond films..... ? 🤔
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Living Daylights.
    OHMSS
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Isn't there someone here though, one of the more "famous" MI6 members so to speak, who is widely known for having OP at #1 and their immense love of it?

That would've been the late @barryt007 I believe. He was a big Octopussy fan like myself. I know there are others here who love it just as much, such as @Benny. It is a great Bond film.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

That would've been the late @barryt007 I believe. He was a big Octopussy fan like myself. I know there are others here who love it just as much, such as @Benny. It is a great Bond film.

Best I can find so far re: a specific placement for barry is #6, but I'll keep digging deeper. Would be nice to include him regardless of which film it is.
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 2,889
    FRWL for me.
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    I'm surprised, no one has ever mentioned Skyfall and Thunderball yet, despite it being two of the more popular Bond films..... ? 🤔

I'm somewhat surprised. I have noticed Bond fans are a bit more critical about Skyfall on the whole. It is very popular amongst general audiences though, particularly younger viewers (it's my second favourite personally). Thunderball I'm not as sure about, although I gather it's popular. I find it boring and tend to put it very near to the bottom of my rankings but that's just me.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Best I can find so far re: a specific placement for barry is #6, but I'll keep digging deeper. Would be nice to include him regardless of which film it is.

Yes, he may have changed his mind/rankings over time but he was certainly very fond of Octopussy as I think it was the first Bond film he saw in the cinema when he was 13. His profile doesn't show any preference for a particular Bond film or actor though I know he was a big Roger Moore fan.
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 2,400
    Here are the YTD entries in the ranking list thread that I'd just like confirmation from the users involved before adding them:

DN: @Mendes4Lyfe
    FRWL: @CrzChris4, @Ottofuse8
    GF: @LeonardPine, @ToTheRight
    OHMSS: @ColonelAdamski
    TLD: @chrisisall, @GBF, @GoldenGun (confirmed)
    GE: @00Beast, @Remington
    CR: @FoxRox (confirmed), @jake24, @JohnBond, @Rapsodia_154
    QOS: @M16_Cart
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You can add me to the OHMSS crowd. One of my first Bond films, and it holds up to this day.
    Also, did @SirHenryLeeChaChing have a definitive favourite? Or did his fluctuate over the years?
    @StirredNotShaken You got me right! :)
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Sadly, @Max_The_Parrot isn't active anymore on this forum. He was a funny fellow and I met him in Berne after his trip to Piz Gloria. He is a HUGE fan of MR. It is definitely his favourite Bond movie (also mentioned a lot on the forum). He could be added to the list.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sadly, @Max_The_Parrot isn't active anymore on this forum. He was a funny fellow and I met him in Berne after his trip to Piz Gloria. He is a HUGE fan of MR. It is definitely his favourite Bond movie (also mentioned a lot on the forum). He could be added to the list.

What happened to @Max_The_Parrot ? Do you know why he doesn't post anymore @goldenswissroyale ? He was quite active for a longtime, then dropped off.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited May 2022 Posts: 6,721
    I remember some fine contributions from Max to the Bond CapCon thread (one of the most important threads we have, if you ask me).
    Got in touch with @calvindyson who doesn't really use these forums anymore but emphatically declared, as expected, his vote for GE!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    You are absolutely right @StirredNotShaken, you can write me down for TLD :)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Got in touch with @calvindyson who doesn't really use these forums anymore but emphatically declared, as expected, his vote for GE!

Brilliant profile pic
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator

I thought he switched to SF as his #1!

Yes, I find the more famous a fan becomes in the Bond community the less they generally use Bond forums as they have their own platform elsewhere. I suppose that's understandable but it's still nice to have Calvin contribute to this thread. I understand he's a great guy all round. :)
    FRWL
    Live and Let Die is my favourite Bond film. Roger was pure class and perfect for taking over after Connery.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland

What happened to @Max_The_Parrot ? Do you know why he doesn't post anymore @goldenswissroyale ? He was quite active for a longtime, then dropped off.
    I believe it absorbed too much of his time and he decided to spend more time with Bond books and other "laptop free" stuff for a while. Unfortunately, he didn't return . I have to write him, such a likeable guy.