Your Friendly Neighborhood Web Slinger Thread

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited December 2021 in General Movies & TV Posts: 17,283
I've been a fan of Spidey since the TV cartoon influenced me to buy the comic books back in the late Sixties at the local drugstore. By the Seventies, my Amazing Spider-Man comics had a whole dresser drawer dedicated to storage. The late Seventies TV show was severely disappointing to me, but I watched it anyway. In 2002 Sam Raimi got it more or less right. No offence to Andrew or Tom, but Tobey is my live action Web Head. And now there's a poll that agrees with me.
Any Thwippers here? https://movieweb.com/tobey-maguire-favorite-spider-man-poll/?utm_source=MW-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=MW-FB-P&fbclid=IwAR2rWIkS8vKjDti5UYc-SpMy5G_WwJCI5Ws-Dul_HWMfL_HepOKXIz-dhdw
«1

Comments

  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 7,170
    I think I like Holland the most, but Tobey is awesome and I’m glad he’s going through his renaissance. I need to rewatch the Andrew films.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 6,431
    I love Holland's charisma and enjoy his child-like awe with his powers.... even though Spiderman was hanging with the Avengers.

    Unfortunately I had a very unpleasant meeting with Tobey. He was unkind and I can never believe him as Peter Parker after this; I just don't watch his films anymore (although at the time I loved his second film)... That's my bias.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2021 Posts: 7,170
    Unfortunately it does seem like Tobey is a bit of a dickhead in real life. I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience with him. Never meet your heroes, they say.

    I think the most famous person I ever got to chat with was Slash from GnR, who was really nice.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2021 Posts: 17,283
    peter wrote: »
    I love Holland's charisma and enjoy his child-like awe with his powers.... even though Spiderman was hanging with the Avengers.

    Unfortunately I had a very unpleasant meeting with Tobey. He was unkind and I can never believe him as Peter Parker after this; I just don't watch his films anymore (although at the time I loved his second film)... That's my bias.

    I met my new boss a few weeks ago (I didn't know who he was then), and my back was absolutely killing me at the time and I was very short with him & not very nice at all. Later I found out who I had dissed, and to this day he remains aloof to me. You never get a second chance to make a first impression if you're having a stressful day. Just sayin'.
    OTOH I met Chris Reeve back in '80 & he was everything you'd expect.

    Anyone here into the comics? John Romita? Gil Kane? Ross Andru?
  • Huge Spidey fan.
    Grew up reading the comics and watching tge 60s cartoon, spider-man and his amazing friends, the 90s animated series etc. In fact I've watched all the spidey cartoons up to the spectacular spider-man and haven't seen the subsequent cartoons since.

    RE: The comics, I haven't read them consistently since one more day which is strange as I got through the clone saga easily enough.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 6,431
    chrisisall wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    I love Holland's charisma and enjoy his child-like awe with his powers.... even though Spiderman was hanging with the Avengers.

    Unfortunately I had a very unpleasant meeting with Tobey. He was unkind and I can never believe him as Peter Parker after this; I just don't watch his films anymore (although at the time I loved his second film)... That's my bias.

    I met my new boss a few weeks ago (I didn't know who he was then), and my back was absolutely killing me at the time and I was very short with him & not very nice at all. Later I found out who I had dissed, and to this day he remains aloof to me. You never get a second chance to make a first impression if you're having a stressful day. Just sayin'.
    OTOH I met Chris Reeve back in '80 & he was everything you'd expect.

    Anyone here into the comics? John Romita? Gil Kane? Ross Andru?

    You should speak to @ColonelSun about his adventures with Christopher Reeves, @chrisisall
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,283
    peter wrote: »

    You should speak to @ColonelSun about his adventures with Christopher Reeves, @chrisisall
    Seems he's not around. Care to give me a thumbnail?


  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 6,431
    chrisisall wrote: »
    peter wrote: »

    You should speak to @ColonelSun about his adventures with Christopher Reeves, @chrisisall
    Seems he's not around. Care to give me a thumbnail?


    @chrisisall .... I'm not understanding?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,283
    peter wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    peter wrote: »

    You should speak to @ColonelSun about his adventures with Christopher Reeves, @chrisisall
    Seems he's not around. Care to give me a thumbnail?


    @chrisisall .... I'm not understanding?

    Sorry, an idea or gist of what went down?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 6,431
    Oh, apologies... @ColonelSun, as he has shared, started in the film industry as an editor on LTK.

    He was also an editor on SM: TQFP...

    Colonel has great stories about Mr. Reeve's curiosity about the editing process and how he treated Colonel and the editing team.

    However, the best story is Christopher Reeve was a pilot and took the Colonel and the editing team out for a private flight; our friend from this site literally went flying with Superman!

    @ColonelSun can correct any errors I made, but that's the gist of the story, and Mr. Reeve seemed as if he was the genuine article (and in my eyes, his Supe has never been bettered).
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,283
    peter wrote: »
    Oh, apologies... @ColonelSun, as he has shared, started in the film industry as an editor on LTK.

    He was also an editor on SM: TQFP...

    Colonel has great stories about Mr. Reeve's curiosity about the editing process and how he treated Colonel and the editing team.

    However, the best story is Christopher Reeve was a pilot and took the Colonel and the editing team out for a private flight; our friend from this site literally went flying with Superman!

    @ColonelSun can correct any errors I made, but that's the gist of the story, and Mr. Reeve seemed as if he was the genuine article (and in my eyes, his Supe has never been bettered).

    Awesome, thanks sir!
  • peter wrote: »
    Oh, apologies... @ColonelSun, as he has shared, started in the film industry as an editor on LTK.

    He was also an editor on SM: TQFP...

    Colonel has great stories about Mr. Reeve's curiosity about the editing process and how he treated Colonel and the editing team.

    However, the best story is Christopher Reeve was a pilot and took the Colonel and the editing team out for a private flight; our friend from this site literally went flying with Superman!

    @ColonelSun can correct any errors I made, but that's the gist of the story, and Mr. Reeve seemed as if he was the genuine article (and in my eyes, his Supe has never been bettered).

    Wow, I’m actually jealous hearing this!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,326
    Congratulating to Tobey, but was this on the list?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 10,945
    Did I see a Ninja? I'm not sure if I was supposed to see a Ninja.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,326
    Did I see a Ninja? I'm not sure if I was supposed to see a Ninja.

    No, that was a Hong Kong narcotics agent.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 10,945
    Yeah I'm a slow learner.

    Licence-to-Kill-Kwang-Cary-Hiroyuki-Tagawa-Hong-Kong-Narcotics-quote.png
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,283
    This thread has gotten so off track but also SO funny... :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,283
    Raimi's Spider-Man 2 has an extended version that is, dare I say it, amazing. Small things here & there add up to making a nearly perfect film even better.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 7,170
    I always remember Spider-Man 2 as being the best. Been forever since I’ve seen it though. Molina is just such perfect casting, and they’re so, so lucky he came back for NWH.

  • This is perfect. I don't need the actual show or movie or whatever it is. This trailer is perfect as it is.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,520
    Moved to General Movies & TV
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,326
    Got NWH in the mail today, even though it s still shown in the local cinema. That s a first for me. Haven t seen it yet.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited October 31 Posts: 409
    [DELETED]
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    edited August 15 Posts: 2,907
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-holland-announces-social-media-010132051.html

    I can respect his reasons. I’ve been in a similar situation with social media and depression.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited October 31 Posts: 409
    [DELETED]
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns The Bright Side of the Road.
    Posts: 18,833
    Spiderman (70's TV Series Intro)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 31 Posts: 11,120
    Ah, the Nicholas Hammond show. I always loved the funky music and appreciated Hammond's face was the template for the 90s Animated Peter Parker.

    nh37wgkd1u681.jpg
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Posts: 409
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Posts: 409
Sign In or Register to comment.