No Time To Die: Why It Should Not Have Been Made (The Way It Was)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Venutius wrote: »
    Needles to the brain? Mere pinpricks!

Maybe it worked like acupuncture?

Blofeld was just making stuff up to scare them. It was just painful, not crippling.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    chrisisall wrote: »

Blofeld was just making stuff up to scare them. It was just painful, not crippling.

Nicked from the Colonel Sun novel...😁

Nicked from the Colonel Sun novel...😁

Quite.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,930
    Maybe it was just like acupuncture? Arf :))
    Course, the one-man killing of the crater base could just be a coma vision caused by the needles.
    It'd explain downing a helicopter with a pop gun too. And that fantasy about having a kid and taking a missile to the face... ;)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Whatever people need to sleep at night.
  • GBFGBF
    Course, the one-man killing of the crater base could just be a coma vision caused by the needles.
    It'd explain downing a helicopter with a pop gun too. And that fantasy about having a kid and taking a missile to the face... ;)

So maybe the next Bond film begins with Bond waking up in the torture chair being rescued by Felix who tells him that Blofeld unfortunately managed to escape.
    GBF wrote: »
    So maybe the next Bond film begins with Bond waking up in the torture chair being rescued by Felix who tells him that Blofeld unfortunately managed to escape.

PTS is a CIA-led Navy SEAL assault on a crater base. Helicopters, explosions, gun battles, firefights through the complex to the torture room. SEALS secure the room, mission commander walks in, raises visor - Jeffrey Wright. Kevin McKidd regains consciousness in the chair. 'Felix?' 'Sleeping on the job, James?' 'But...' 'Bad dreams - you're Bobby Ewing, brother! Ha-hah.' Cue titles...

Kidding, obvs. But I've got a sort of sly grin creeping up my face at the thought...

GBF wrote: »

PTS is a CIA-led Navy SEAL assault on a crater base. Helicopters, explosions, gun battles, firefights through the complex to the torture room. SEALS secure the room, mission commander walks in, raises visor - Jeffrey Wright. Kevin McKidd regains consciousness in the chair.
    'Felix?'
    'Sleeping on the job, James?'
    'But...'
    'Bad dreams - you're Bobby Ewing, brother! Ha-hah.'

Cue titles...
    The Dead Don't Die
    I think this thread did, though...
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    No Time to Die Thread: Why It Should Not Have Died (The Way It Did)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Actually I read somewhere an interview with a neurologist who said it was possible what Blofeld said, but he got the location wrong in the film. So yea, it was just a very painful prick.
    Catching up on a helicopter by boat and then shooting it down with a handgun, however, is almost as bad as the Vanish.

Actually I read somewhere an interview with a neurologist who said it was possible what Blofeld said, but he got the location wrong in the film. So yea, it was just a very painful prick.
    Catching up on a helicopter by boat and then shooting it down with a handgun, however, is almost as bad as the Vanish.

In the theatre I not only bought it as a Bond improbability made possible (in my mind I saw the bullet ricochet harmlessly off the fuselage but bounce into a port allowing it into the turbine chamber & get lodged in a gear head), but I laughed my a*s off!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Bond and Madeleine jumping into the netting and surviving is far more improbable to me than a handgun taking down a helicopter.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Shooting down a helicopter over a city is pretty reckless, isn t it?
    Yes
    Shooting down a helicopter over a city is pretty reckless, isn t it?

Yep.Bond is EXTREMELY lucky that bridge was deserted when the chopper crashed.Blofeld could have had the last laugh if Bond had been arrested for causing the deaths of lots of civilians.

It's a good thing this is the first and only time he's acted recklessly.
    It's a good thing this is the first and only time he's acted recklessly.

Also a good thing it was a Mendes film.
    Also a good thing that it was nighttime.
    And that it was a prop.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, when Bond ordered two nuclear subs to fire at each other, luck was on his side too. 😉
    echo wrote: »
    Bond and Madeleine jumping into the netting and surviving is far more improbable to me than a handgun taking down a helicopter.

The entire third act is the worst of the series.

Appalling in every department.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    DIE ANOTHER DAY says "hold my beer".
    edited February 2022 Posts: 2,930

And that's after the Sony and MGM suits demanded several third act re-writes - imagine what it must've been like before they were happy with it...

And that's after the Sony and MGM suits demanded several third act re-writes - imagine what it must've been like before they were happy with it...

I dread to think...

Fans have come up with much better ideas...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    echo wrote: »

Hands down. I legitimately can’t believe how dull and ludicrous it all is the rare times I’m forced to sit through it.
    Jeez, you'd swear none of you have seen 'DAD'!
    Everyone is being so mean to my beloved Spectre! :'(
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Jeez, you'd swear none of you have seen 'DAD'!

DAD has a pretty bad climax I admit mate, but it doesn't have past villains pictures blutacked to the side of the plane...

Let's call it a tie...😁