Bond Fan Posters

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think Tanaka was joking. We occasionally have a repeat offender troll post horribly made MS Paint posters that look like something a stalker would make. And someone would always call them terrible.

A winky face or a sign of playfulness would've been nice. If only to avoid the part where he came off as a dick.

I came off as a dick? I was just giving my opinion ... is that wrong?

@tanaka123, it's not wrong to share your opinion, it's how you go about it. For someone who is in the art community, I expected you to have a better sense of fair and courteous criticism than the layman's one you've shown.

I degreed in art and was a part of my university's arts community, where you'd often have to present your work and give your thoughts on that of others and how they could improve while you got your own feedback. Needless to say, if a student was so audacious to tell our instructor he or she just found another's piece, "terrible" without saying anything else beyond that-like giving actual constructive points as to why they felt that way-they'd get a 0 for the day and their participation would be marked down like an absence.

As a writer I hate censorship and I think free speech and the ability to express things is the greatest liberty of being human, but when giving points on someone's work that they spend a lot of time working on, it's quite unbecoming to use one word adjectives to sum up your thoughts, without adding literally anything else. If you're going to call something terrible, at least give the artist the benefit of hearing how they could improve. Without that addition of tangible advice, there's really no use for the critic in the artist's relationship with their public, especially when they are going to present themselves in a rather poor fashion. It's always important to remember that there's another person on the other side of a piece of work, and to think how you would feel if all anyone had to say to something you'd slaved over was "terrible," or another unwise adjective.

I tend to go through and give one word thoughts on the pieces. If you don't like that fine. But this is an internet forum so I'm not going to write at length on each piece. If you don't like that then that's your problem @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

And for the record when asked I elaborated on my view to Murdock which I will in all instances if anyone should want my opinion further. Really think you've taken this a bit too seriously old chap. Lighten up, it's nearly Friday. Besides which if the care has been taken and they really do care about how it's received they will ask for the full opinion. If they don't want it I don't care.

I would remind you that this here, thankfully, isn't a university course. When I tell my students that their work is terrible and they can't tell me why they get chucked off my course.

What a sterling outlook you seem to have on all this. Such lucky pupils...

It was a joke ... You've not seen Whiplash then?

Not much the joking sort when it comes to this, no. Nor am I a drums man.

Think you're blowing this all just a little out of proportion.

I just value strong arguments and words well applicated. If one enters a thread built for sharing and feedback and wishes to throw out random one word responses they can have at it, but I don't really see what the point is then if that's all they're going to add. Seems like a waste for all involved.
    I think Tanaka was joking. We occasionally have a repeat offender troll post horribly made MS Paint posters that look like something a stalker would make. And someone would always call them terrible.

A winky face or a sign of playfulness would've been nice. If only to avoid the part where he came off as a dick.

@tanaka123, it's not wrong to share your opinion, it's how you go about it. For someone who is in the art community, I expected you to have a better sense of fair and courteous criticism than the layman's one you've shown.

I degreed in art and was a part of my university's arts community, where you'd often have to present your work and give your thoughts on that of others and how they could improve while you got your own feedback. Needless to say, if a student was so audacious to tell our instructor he or she just found another's piece, "terrible" without saying anything else beyond that-like giving actual constructive points as to why they felt that way-they'd get a 0 for the day and their participation would be marked down like an absence.

As a writer I hate censorship and I think free speech and the ability to express things is the greatest liberty of being human, but when giving points on someone's work that they spend a lot of time working on, it's quite unbecoming to use one word adjectives to sum up your thoughts, without adding literally anything else. If you're going to call something terrible, at least give the artist the benefit of hearing how they could improve. Without that addition of tangible advice, there's really no use for the critic in the artist's relationship with their public, especially when they are going to present themselves in a rather poor fashion. It's always important to remember that there's another person on the other side of a piece of work, and to think how you would feel if all anyone had to say to something you'd slaved over was "terrible," or another unwise adjective.

I tend to go through and give one word thoughts on the pieces. If you don't like that fine. But this is an internet forum so I'm not going to write at length on each piece. If you don't like that then that's your problem @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

And for the record when asked I elaborated on my view to Murdock which I will in all instances if anyone should want my opinion further. Really think you've taken this a bit too seriously old chap. Lighten up, it's nearly Friday. Besides which if the care has been taken and they really do care about how it's received they will ask for the full opinion. If they don't want it I don't care.

I would remind you that this here, thankfully, isn't a university course. When I tell my students that their work is terrible and they can't tell me why they get chucked off my course.

I just value strong arguments and words well applicated. If one enters a thread built for sharing and feedback and wishes to throw out random one word responses they can have at it, but I don't really see what the point is then if that's all they're going to add. Seems like a waste for all involved.

Really ...
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Ytterbium wrote: »
    What if The Night manager had been a Bond film instead of a TV series ?

Don't get me wrong, I love the series as it is, but there are all the ingredients one could wish for in a Bond film. I doubt we'll ever seen Hiddelston as 007 (and I'm tired of the rumours and gossips), but i would love such a Bond film with weapon trafficking, infiltration, and the suave determination of Hiddelston as a new Bond.

So here are the teaser poster and main poster I had in mind for such a Bond film. (and hoping Susanne Bier will come to direct a Bond film one day !)

TNM.png

TMM2.png

Superb! nIce use of color.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Really ...

It'd be great if that was as clever as you seem to think it is.

Really ...

What's supposed to be clever? You've lost me sunshine.
    Makes me think Hidds is still up there in the battle for Bond #7 ....very very good @Ytterbium !!

Really ...

Your one word response to a post where I said it was an error to post a one word response, no doubt intended to be a childish retort? Have you duped yourself? Has it been an unconscious act all along?

Really ...

Your one word response to a post where I said it was an error to post a one word response, no doubt intended to be a childish retort? Have you duped yourself? Has it been an unconscious act all along?

If you want to think that ... think you should ease up sunshine, something is really bugging you today,

Really ...

If you want to think that ... think you should ease up sunshine, something is really bugging you today,

I didn't think it's clever, that was kind of the whole point I was making. I should've kept my response to a one word adjective for you, as you seem to work better at that base level of human communication. I won't bother any longer, however, as you seem to be a lost cause on this if all you want to do is swap very poor nicknames, as poor as the aforementioned adjectives.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,325

Really ...

I didn't think it's clever, that was kind of the whole point I was making. I should've kept my response to a one word adjective for you, as you seem to work better at that base level of human communication. I won't bother any longer, however, as you seem to be a lost cause on this if all you want to do is swap very poor nicknames, as poor as the aforementioned adjectives.

It wasn't meant to be clever - more my exasperation that you're actually getting this worked up over all this. You've got some serious bee in your bonnet there.

And swap poor nicknames? What are you on about ...? @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

If there's something wrong, you know, like life stuff, I'm here to help and chat with.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    It's a bit rough in places, but I tried :) It's a concept poster of Henry Cavill as James Bond. I was originally going to put the title "Risico" but it kinda ruined it.

henry_cavill_as_007___poster_concept_by_sirturn-db78dod.jpg

Thank you @jake24 , @ClarkDevlin and @tanaka123 :) Fun fact: the building in the background is the building that James Bond exits during the pre-title sequence of Skyfall.

Craig%2BDeutsche%2BBank.jpg
    It's a bit rough in places, but I tried :) It's a concept poster of Henry Cavill as James Bond. I was originally going to put the title "Risico" but it kinda ruined it.

Thank you @jake24 , @ClarkDevlin and @tanaka123 :) Fun fact: the building in the background is the building that James Bond exits during the pre-title sequence of Skyfall.

Craig%2BDeutsche%2BBank.jpg

Neat.

Oh that was a one word reply. A certain someone will not be a happy bunny.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    'Whiplash' is a brilliant film,just for the record.

I now deem this a 'Whiplash' appreciation thread. One of the greatest movie finales I've ever seen.
    Yeah it's a great film. I think somone above took my impression of the music teacher a bit seriously.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I originally did this for a concept artwork for a novel I'm writing, which only exists in manuscript form, whose protagonist is heavily inspired by Sean Connery's Bond in his first two films. But, anyways, seeing the artwork made me want to recreate it as an alternate Bond poster.

3h8puJc.png

Synopsis:
    After the death of his wife in the hands of the world's most dangerous anarchist, British Intelligence agent, James Bond (Sean Connery) prepares to wage a war with SPECTRE's very own Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Peter Wyngarde), who himself has deadly schemes planned ahead for the world to see than predicted. Rampant, but not reckless, Agent 007 hovers all around Europe to track his nemesis down and put an end to him for once and for all.

This could be my favourite Bond film from an alternate universe, where both revenge and calculated straightforward spy thriller genres are perfectly paired in one motion picture. And yes, I purposefully jettisoned the Japanese setting and replaced it with Europe.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @ClarkDevlin , that is sterling work.
    Thank you very much, sir. :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Brilliant stuff!
    Much obliged, old boy. :D
    I originally did this for a concept artwork for a novel I'm writing, which only exists in manuscript form, whose protagonist is heavily inspired by Sean Connery's Bond in his first two films. But, anyways, seeing the artwork made me want to recreate it as an alternate Bond poster.

3h8puJc.png

Synopsis:
    After the death of his wife in the hands of the world's most dangerous anarchist, British Intelligence agent, James Bond (Sean Connery) prepares to wage a war with SPECTRE's very own Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Peter Wyngarde), who himself has deadly schemes planned ahead for the world to see than predicted. Rampant, but not reckless, Agent 007 hovers all around Europe to track his nemesis down and put an end to him for once and for all.

This could be my favourite Bond film from an alternate universe, where both revenge and calculated straightforward spy thriller genres are perfectly paired in one motion picture. And yes, I purposefully jettisoned the Japanese setting and replaced it with Europe.

Brilliant!

3h8puJc.png

Synopsis:

Brilliant!
    Thank you, sir! :D

3h8puJc.png

Synopsis:

@ClarkDevlin, nice use of color and composition. Your little synopsis is essentially what I'd love to see Bond 25 turn into: Bond and Blofeld essentially engaging in a giant and destructive international game of cat and mouse.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423

3h8puJc.png

Synopsis:

@ClarkDevlin, nice use of color and composition. Your little synopsis is essentially what I'd love to see Bond 25 turn into: Bond and Blofeld essentially engaging in a giant and destructive international game of cat and mouse.
    Thank you very much, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I was inspired by old 19th century book cover artworks for this one when reading too many articles on the French Wold Newton led me to them. Heavy research for story elements and whatnot.

While I'd love this to happen, if we were to get inspiration from You Only Live Twice the novel and have Madeleine meet the same fate as Tracy, then, even though it's inevitable for Bond to get emotional at first, I want him on top of his game with that international game of cat and mouse, without having to let his emotions come in the way, but motivate him for further determination to decapitate the 'great serpent'.

A little flash I had in mind is the ending for this "alternate universe" YOLT with Connery, where, let's say, after he survives but is suffering through amnesia, I wouldn't have him settled with Kissy or any woman for the matter on-screen, but have the last shot of Bond finding himself right in front of the Kremlin, or St. Basil's Church in Moscow, derived from the novel of Bond heading to Russia to investigate his identity and who he was. I'm sure the Bond 25 ending could give us a breathtaking cliffhanger like that.
    X5Bdfy6.jpg
    I think Bond 25 could end without Madeleine dying. I really only want that tragedy to be owned by Tracy and Vesper, as they are the biggies. Madeleine is a woman Bond is simply testing waters with, and I'd prefer it if she is used to show us how Bond isn't meant for a simple, quiet life.

My definitive Bond 25 ending, which I've shared elsewhere, is Bond meeting with Madeleine on the bridge leading to Vauxhall Cross (and the rebuilt MI6) after killing Blofeld and eradicating SPECTRE, where he explains that his job is his life, and that he needs it. She told him in SP that he had a choice to do something different-like Vesper in CR-but he realized that it was always his choice to be the man he was, and it was a part of him now. He'd part ways with her, and walk his way back to MI6 where he belongs, disappearing in the bend of the road as the last shot of the film.

I wouldn't want a sad or depressing ending, as I don't think it's deserved. I'd like the last scene we get with this Bond to be a triumphant and hopeful one, where we know he'll serve out at MI6 until he can't do it any more, in the way he needs to. It would be a sign that he would finally be making his own choice and deciding on a lifestyle that didn't conform to what others wanted for him. Vesper and Madeleine both made him think he wanted a peaceful life, but some men are built for storms and calms can never sustain them. Bond was born into the rain and high winds, and that's where he's at his best.
    I think Bond 25 could end without Madeleine dying. I really only want that tragedy to be owned by Tracy and Vesper, as they are the biggies. Madeleine is a woman Bond is simply testing waters with, and I'd prefer it if she is used to show us how Bond isn't meant for a simple, quiet life.

My definitive Bond 25 ending, which I've shared elsewhere, is Bond meeting with Madeleine on the bridge leading to Vauxhall Cross (and the rebuilt MI6) after killing Blofeld and eradicating SPECTRE, where he explains that his job is his life, and that he needs it. She told him in SP that he had a choice to do something different-like Vesper in CR-but he realized that it was always his choice to be the man he was, and it was a part of him now. He'd part ways with her, and walk his way back to MI6 where he belongs, disappearing in the bend of the road as the last shot of the film.

I wouldn't want a sad or depressing ending, as I don't think it's deserved. I'd like the last scene we get with this Bond to be a triumphant and hopeful one, where we know he'll serve out at MI6 until he can't do it any more, in the way he needs to. It would be a sign that he would finally be making his own choice and deciding on a lifestyle that didn't conform to what others wanted for him. Vesper and Madeleine both made him think he wanted a peaceful life, but some men are built for storms and calms can never sustain them. Bond was born into the rain and high winds, and that's where he's at his best.
    I love and fully support this.
  • Denbigh wrote: »

Nice work @Denbigh :)
    He could well be Bond ,but he has been involved in too many other 'franchise' characters ,like Superman and Napolean Solo...
    He could well be Bond ,but he has been involved in too many other 'franchise' characters ,like Superman and Napolean Solo...

That's how I feel about Hardy and his Mad Max commitments. If we had to lose Mel to get him, they'd better get their use out of him in that franchise.

Plus I have never seen him as Bond. People call Daniel a thuggish guy, but that is Hardy all over for me. He's just not the kind of guy that looks right in a suit, kind of like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Very out of place and not right. Dan has a potty mouth, but he's got that sort of elegance about him and a gentlemanly sense. He's a beast inside, but when he's in the suit he doesn't show it, and he's able to pull off Bond's style convincingly. He looks like he'd give a strong and fair fight, whereas Hardy seems to type to go right for the bollocks.

That's how I feel about Hardy and his Mad Max commitments. If we had to lose Mel to get him, they'd better get their use out of him in that franchise.

Plus I have never seen him as Bond. People call Daniel a thuggish guy, but that is Hardy all over for me. He's just not the kind of guy that looks right in a suit, kind of like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Very out of place and not right. Dan has a potty mouth, but he's got that sort of elegance about him and a gentlemanly sense. He's a beast inside, but when he's in the suit he doesn't show it, and he's able to pull off Bond's style convincingly. He looks like he'd give a strong and fair fight, whereas Hardy seems to type to go right for the bollocks.
    +1. Spot on with every word.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Just something I quickly made.

MicORSN.jpg