Bond Fan Posters

Comments

• edited May 2017 Posts: 676
    I felt inspired by some of the stellar work above and thought I'd try my hand at it.

Here's a random Sean Connery as James Bond poster.

TIp7Bp2.png

Perhaps a bit heavy on the "paint daubs" effect, but very striking!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Milovy wrote: »
    I felt inspired by some of the stellar work above and thought I'd try my hand at it.

Here's a random Sean Connery as James Bond poster.

TIp7Bp2.png

Perhaps a bit heavy on the "paint daubs" effect, but very striking!
    I felt so too shortly after posting it here, I'll be remaking this one sometime on a more relevant note. Many thanks for the input and the compliment regardless, mate! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @ClarkDevlin, that is awesome.
    Thanks, Thundy. :D
  • RareJamesBondFanRareJamesBondFan Touch it. You can touch it if you want.
    I have an idea for if they took Diamonds are forever more serious.

diamonds_are_forever.jpg

(With apologies and thank yous to DeviantArt user SchizoVampire who made the bloody ring image)
  • I have an idea for if they took Diamonds are forever more serious.

diamonds_are_forever.jpg

(With apologies and thank yous to DeviantArt user SchizoVampire who made the bloody ring image)

Love it!
    Reminds me of one of the later covers of the OHMSS prints.
    Thank you

There was a great irony in the "diamonds" title that was ignored and untapped when following up ohmss.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thank you

There was a great irony in the "diamonds" title that was ignored and untapped when following up ohmss.

Yes, it's strange that the only mention of diamonds for marriage is when Moneypenny quite cruelly brings up that she wants one from Bond.

There could've been a line after the little dialogue where M tells Bond about the carats of the diamonds that mentioned the events of the last film. The man Bond and M are meeting with could say, "What do you know about diamonds, 007?" which Bond could give a quiet reaction to as M sensed the bad memory he was having, chipping in with, "Let's just hear about the mission at hand."
    @0brady0matic7 DAF quite clearly ignores OHMSS and continues on From YOLT Just like OHMSS ignores YOLT. After TB the chronology turns into a choose-your-own adventure.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @0brady0matic7 DAF quite clearly ignores OHMSS and continues on From YOLT Just like OHMSS ignores YOLT. After TB the chronology turns into a choose-your-own adventure.

@RareJamesBondFan, I disagree. There's quite a lot of overt subtext in the film to support the idea that Bond is coming back at Blofeld for what he did to Tracy in OHMSS. I did an extensive review of the movie where I looked into that aspect and endeavored to tie the two films together in continuity. I didn't need anybody to explain all the hints and clues to me either, which must be a surprise for you to hear.
    yeah we've all seen the movies, hes in Japan that comes from YOLT. then he's cranky at bolfeld that could come out of OHMSS. like i said, pick and choose, mix and match your own adventures. also hints and clues? its a bond movie not a puzzle.
    yeah we've all seen the movies, hes in Japan that comes from YOLT. then he's cranky at bolfeld that could come out of OHMSS. like i said, pick and choose, mix and match your own adventures. also hints and clues? its a bond movie not a puzzle.

OHMSS quite clearly takes place two years after Blofeld's escape in Japan, and DAF has ties to the events of OHMSS that are emphasized.

These films do and say far more interesting things that some give them credit for (not that an art thread is any place to be having a discussion of this kind).
    brady you are the flaming limit, the loon who laughs in the face of the paper tiger who spits at a machine and yanks on the ears until your nose falls off. we better stop posting in the wrong thread.
    brady you are the flaming limit, the loon who laughs in the face of the paper tiger who spits at a machine and yanks on the ears until your nose falls off. we better stop posting in the wrong thread.

Can I steal that for my tombstone? (I agree though, we've lost the plot)
    youre in luck....i actually timetravelled to the future and yeah it says it on your tombstone already.

These films do and say far more interesting things that some give them credit for (not that an art thread is any place to be having a discussion of this kind).

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

@RareJamesBondFan, I disagree. There's quite a lot of overt subtext in the film to support the idea that Bond is coming back at Blofeld for what he did to Tracy in OHMSS. I did an extensive review of the movie where I looked into that aspect and endeavored to tie the two films together in continuity. I didn't need anybody to explain all the hints and clues to me either, which must be a surprise for you to hear.

Could you redirect me to that review? It looks interesting.
    ggl007 wrote: »

Could you redirect me to that review? It looks interesting.

@ggl007, I'll be adapting my DAF review into a full blog analysis in a short time, so when I have it completed I'll be sure to link it to you.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    @ggl007, I'll be adapting my DAF review into a full blog analysis in a short time, so when I have it completed I'll be sure to link it to you.

Thanks. That sounds great.
    To continue my string of minimalist James Bond film posters, I chose to finish off the Young trilogy by doing one for Dr. No heavily inspired by Binder's title design and the vintage lettering from the posters of the day:

TSA7zlO.jpg
  • To continue my string of minimalist James Bond film posters, I chose to finish off the Young trilogy by doing one for Dr. No heavily inspired by Binder's title design and the vintage lettering from the posters of the day:

TSA7zlO.jpg

Easily my favorite of the three Brady. As Bond said to Q in DAF; "You surpassed yourself this time."
    @007ClassicBondFan, cheers. I really wanted to capture a vintage look with it, and it developed from there. I originally was just going to include a bunch of multi-colored dots and the film strips going down the right side, with the logo and Bond in a yellow circle. Then I thought it'd be fun to include the Three Blind Mice shooting at Bond while having their bullets puncture the circle, and the design became something more at that point. It was a very last second choice, but I like it as I've never seen the assassins included on any Dr. No poster, and they're easily one of my favorite things about the movie.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 great homage to the DN titles, also borrowing from TB ;) Terrence Young arguably the greatest Bond director.
    Thanks, @fire_and_ice. He's certainly my favorite by a great margin.
  • Thanks, @fire_and_ice. He's certainly my favorite by a great margin.

Young is also my favorite director of the films, with Peter Hunt running a close second.

Young is also my favorite director of the films, with Peter Hunt running a close second.

I agree. They knew the character like no others.

I agree. They knew the character like no others.

Agreed, what helps was that Hunt and Young had a really good relationship, and it shows in the films they worked together on. Hunt hated working with Guy Hamilton, as the two had constant disputes over certain shots and edits.

I concur with both of those Young and Hunt made arguably the best four films IMO.

I concur with both of those Young and Hunt made arguably the best four films IMO.

In many ways both of them really shaped the overall feel of the series, and really set the standard.

In many ways both of them really shaped the overall feel of the series, and really set the standard.

I was just thinking of post Hunt Bond, the panache, grittiness and edge Hunt infused really did vanish for a while in the series starting with Diamonds are Forever.