Bond Fan Posters

Comments

• Thanks, @fire_and_ice. He's certainly my favorite by a great margin.

Young is also my favorite director of the films, with Peter Hunt running a close second.

I concur with both of those Young and Hunt made arguably the best four films IMO.

In many ways both of them really shaped the overall feel of the series, and really set the standard.

I was just thinking of post Hunt Bond, the panache, grittiness and edge Hunt infused really did vanish for a while in the series starting with Diamonds are Forever.

Because Diamonds was the reaction to OHMSS. Everything that made OHMSS work, seems to miss the mark quite a bit in Diamonds, although I do have a new found appreciation for the film, as it's a fun movie to watch and quite memorable. The dead wife angle is never really emphasized quite enough in the film, it didn't need to be a solid revenge thriller per say, as any hopes of that kind of movie vanished when Lazenby left the role, and the opening pre credits is good and all, but at least maybe a line referencing the events of the previous film would have helped the film a bit more and establish it hasn't been forgotten.
    Thanks, @fire_and_ice. He's certainly my favorite by a great margin.

Young is also my favorite director of the films, with Peter Hunt running a close second.

I concur with both of those Young and Hunt made arguably the best four films IMO.

In many ways both of them really shaped the overall feel of the series, and really set the standard.

I was just thinking of post Hunt Bond, the panache, grittiness and edge Hunt infused really did vanish for a while in the series starting with Diamonds are Forever.

Because Diamonds was the reaction to OHMSS. Everything that made OHMSS work, seems to miss the mark quite a bit in Diamonds, although I do have a new found appreciation for the film, as it's a fun movie to watch and quite memorable. The dead wife angle is never really emphasized quite enough in the film, it didn't need to be a solid revenge thriller per say, as any hopes of that kind of movie vanished when Lazenby left the role, and the opening pre credits is good and all, but at least maybe a line referencing the events of the previous film would have helped the film a bit more and establish it hasn't been forgotten.

DAF is a fun film in the same vain as MR and DAD, I can switch my brain of and enjoy them for what they are even if aspects of each film are terrible :) Being a former conspiracy theorist I find the digs at the moon landing in DAF quite funny.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    007___tom_hardy_as_007_concept_poster_by_sirturn-dbbix4i.jpg
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Thug.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Denbigh

looks fantastic!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It does.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    SuCVTFd.png
    Is that a water pistol?
    Is that a water pistol?

From this:
    007magazine_29c.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @AgentJamesBond007, I really love the cold and warm colors there. One very fitting for the hot climate, and the other suitable for Bond's cold and repressed nature throughout. Well done.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A lot of good choices visually, @AgentJamesBond007.
    [img][/img]3358dag.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I always found it odd that older modern artwork for FRWL more or less implied that it was an explosion filled, action extravaganza. Here's my attempt to remedy that.
    edHSMwGl.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murdock wrote: »
    I always found it odd that older modern artwork for FRWL more or less implied that it was an explosion filled, action extravaganza. Here's my attempt to remedy that.
    edHSMwGl.jpg

Nice poster mate... Agreed the exploding barrels often appear on FRWL art.
    Thank you. @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. :)
    Another good one.
    Thank you. :)
    Thug.

It's from his Kray's film so of course he looks like a thug,you need to look at the bigger picture.

hokey398 wrote: »
    [img][/img]3358dag.jpg

I would still like to see how GE would have been with Dalton...shame...good picture !
    Quick attempt at a 4k cover.

e7PRWSF.jpg

YcyqeZz.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

e7PRWSF.jpg

YcyqeZz.jpg

They look very good
    Those are really good! I'd believe they were real easily!
    Those are great. I really dig those. Fabulous work.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    hokey398 wrote: »
    [img][/img]3358dag.jpg

If only that were real.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @AgentJamesBond007, brilliant as always. Your work has a very professional, authentic quality.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,187

e7PRWSF.jpg

YcyqeZz.jpg
    I want so badly! :(

• Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States

e7PRWSF.jpg

YcyqeZz.jpg
    I want so badly! :(

Me, too.