Bond Fan Posters

Comments

I wouldnt know where to start on all these brilliant posters,so my respect to ALL of you !!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2017 Posts: 5,834
    It's a bit rough in places, but I tried :) It's a concept poster of Henry Cavill as James Bond. I was originally going to put the title "Risico" but it kinda ruined it.

henry_cavill_as_007___poster_concept_by_sirturn-db78dod.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Superb, @Denbigh.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I love it!
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Denbigh wrote: »
    It's a bit rough in places, but I tried :) It's a concept poster of Henry Cavill as James Bond. I was originally going to put the title "Risico" but it kinda ruined it.

Hopefully Tanaka doesn't insult you too.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think Tanaka was joking. We occasionally have a repeat offender troll post horribly made MS Paint posters that look like something a stalker would make. And someone would always call them terrible.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think Tanaka was joking. We occasionally have a repeat offender troll post horribly made MS Paint posters that look like something a stalker would make. And someone would always call them terrible.

A winky face or a sign of playfulness would've been nice. If only to avoid the part where he came off as a dick.
    I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    If you look back I have praised Murdock's work on every occasion with words such as 'superb'. In this instance I didn't like his work. Really bizarre that my comment has sparked all this ...
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,325

When was I joking??? I'm sorry but I just didn't like that last one. All your other work is superb.

A winky face or a sign of playfulness would've been nice. If only to avoid the part where he came off as a dick.

I came off as a dick? I was just giving my opinion ... is that wrong?
    Denbigh wrote: »

This is quite good.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Keeping on the Bond25 train, here's something I just whipped up.
    5KlE9GDh.jpg

Terrible.
    Dreadful work as always, Murdoch.

No, Murdock's work is usually of the highest standard.

Can't tell...if serious...

Deadly serious @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    Keeping on the Bond25 train, here's something I just whipped up.
    5KlE9GDh.jpg

Terrible.
    Dreadful work as always, Murdoch.
    Maybe you're too thick to see that I was ACTUALLY making fun of you for saying Murdoch's work was terrible.

@QuantumOrganization, I'm still trying to figure out if he was being serious, or just taking the piss.

If the former is true, the notion of critics tearing apart things they themselves can't do is more than proven.

I just didn't like it ... jeez ... do I have to like everything everyone creates???? Seriously! I'm not going to say I like a piece of art on here if I don't, I'm going to be honest and give my opinion @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    It's okay if you didn't like it. Your wording made things look vague. I'm open to criticism. What was it you didn't like about my last piece? if you don't mind. I'm always wanting to improve. :)
    It's okay if you didn't like it. Your wording made things look vague. I'm open to criticism. What was it you didn't like about my last piece? if you don't mind. I'm always wanting to improve. :)

Well I didn't think the word 'terrible' was vague! There were a few things that I didn't like. Mainly it felt very PhotoShop. That may seem a strange critcism so let me try and explain. Your work usually has a nice blending of different images which you usually organise quite well. Look at the composition of your recent FRWL one for instance - it's quite aesthetically pleasing. Here it didn't quite have that same feel - it has quite a just plopped here and there feel to it. Also the text added to that 'PhotoShop' feel. I guess what I'm saying is rather than been sucked into the image I was distracted by how 'put together' it felt. The trick when creating a poster/image from disparate images is to make it feel organic, like it's all meant to be together. I don't if that makes sense, hope it's helpful.

I am a graphics designer, maybe one day I'll get round to doing my own to put on here too.
    Well like others have said, They didn't know if you were being serious or not. But it's all cleared up now. :) Thank you for your compliments too. I was trying something experimental for that piece. I recently found this picture on the MI6 facebook page and I was inspired to do something similar.

f8Rwl4z.jpg
    Well like others have said, They didn't know if you were being serious or not. But it's all cleared up now. :) Thank you for your compliments too. I was trying something experimental for that piece. I recently found this picture on the MI6 facebook page and I was inspired to do something similar.

f8Rwl4z.jpg

Garden of Death ?!

No it's a tribute to YOLT I believe.
    Yes, for the 50th anniversary.
    No it's a tribute to YOLT I believe.

No,i meant it would be a great symbol for the Garden of Death scenario.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

@tanaka123, it's not wrong to share your opinion, it's how you go about it. For someone who is in the art community, I expected you to have a better sense of fair and courteous criticism than the layman's one you've shown.

I degreed in art and was a part of my university's arts community, where you'd often have to present your work and give your thoughts on that of others and how they could improve while you got your own feedback. Needless to say, if a student was so audacious to tell our instructor he or she just found another's piece, "terrible" without saying anything else beyond that-like giving actual constructive points as to why they felt that way-they'd get a 0 for the day and their participation would be marked down like an absence.

As a writer I hate censorship and I think free speech and the ability to express things is the greatest liberty of being human, but when giving points on someone's work that they spend a lot of time working on, it's quite unbecoming to use one word adjectives to sum up your thoughts, without adding literally anything else. If you're going to call something terrible, at least give the artist the benefit of hearing how they could improve. Without that addition of tangible advice, there's really no use for the critic in the artist's relationship with their public, especially when they are going to present themselves in a rather poor fashion. It's always important to remember that there's another person on the other side of a piece of work, and to think how you would feel if all anyone had to say to something you'd slaved over was "terrible," or another unwise adjective.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    While trying to improve with each step, I went for something completely different:

iWPu9i2.jpg

@tanaka123, it's not wrong to share your opinion, it's how you go about it. For someone who is in the art community, I expected you to have a better sense of fair and courteous criticism than the layman's one you've shown.

I degreed in art and was a part of my university's arts community, where you'd often have to present your work and give your thoughts on that of others and how they could improve while you got your own feedback. Needless to say, if a student was so audacious to tell our instructor he or she just found another's piece, "terrible" without saying anything else beyond that-like giving actual constructive points as to why they felt that way-they'd get a 0 for the day and their participation would be marked down like an absence.

As a writer I hate censorship and I think free speech and the ability to express things is the greatest liberty of being human, but when giving points on someone's work that they spend a lot of time working on, it's quite unbecoming to use one word adjectives to sum up your thoughts, without adding literally anything else. If you're going to call something terrible, at least give the artist the benefit of hearing how they could improve. Without that addition of tangible advice, there's really no use for the critic in the artist's relationship with their public, especially when they are going to present themselves in a rather poor fashion. It's always important to remember that there's another person on the other side of a piece of work, and to think how you would feel if all anyone had to say to something you'd slaved over was "terrible," or another unwise adjective.

I tend to go through and give one word thoughts on the pieces. If you don't like that fine. But this is an internet forum so I'm not going to write at length on each piece. If you don't like that then that's your problem @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

And for the record when asked I elaborated on my view to Murdock which I will in all instances if anyone should want my opinion further. Really think you've taken this a bit too seriously old chap. Lighten up, it's nearly Friday. Besides which if the care has been taken and they really do care about how it's received they will ask for the full opinion. If they don't want it I don't care.

I would remind you that this here, thankfully, isn't a university course. When I tell my students that their work is terrible and they can't tell me why they get chucked off my course.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    While trying to improve with each step, I went for something completely different:

iWPu9i2.jpg

Triptych, like it.

I tend to go through and give one word thoughts on the pieces. If you don't like that fine. But this is an internet forum so I'm not going to write at length on each piece. If you don't like that then that's your problem @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

And for the record when asked I elaborated on my view to Murdock which I will in all instances if anyone should want my opinion further. Really think you've taken this a bit too seriously old chap. Lighten up, it's nearly Friday. Besides which if the care has been taken and they really do care about how it's received they will ask for the full opinion. If they don't want it I don't care.

I would remind you that this here, thankfully, isn't a university course. When I tell my students that their work is terrible and they can't tell me why they get chucked off my course.

What a sterling outlook you seem to have on all this. Such lucky pupils...

It was a joke ... You've not seen Whiplash then? Jeez internet forums can be a bore at times.

It was a joke ... You've not seen Whiplash then?

Not much the joking sort when it comes to this, no. Nor am I a drums man.

It was a joke ... You've not seen Whiplash then?

Not much the joking sort when it comes to this, no. Nor am I a drums man.

Think you're blowing this all just a little out of proportion.
    'Whiplash' is a brilliant film,just for the record.