Bond Fan Posters

Comments

Good idea re the contest but I cant do anything like that..i will happily be one of the judges though !!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    jake24 wrote: »
    That's a great idea! Unfortunately, my graphic design skills are not exactly up to par, so I'll have to bow out of this one.
    I would gladly love to participate but I'm afraid I have no computer around me for the time being since my old one died.

It doesn't have to be strictly digital if you're unable to do it. It can be anything. :)
    Thanks for the inspiration @AgentJamesBond007. I've decided to make some new Ultimate Edition wallpapers for Craig's films as I wasn't too happy with my first set.

192kXTUh.jpg
    v1A0TMuh.jpg
    8HGtnoSh.jpg
    wljSEjzh.jpg
    They look great @Murdock especially like the Quantum one, I really should try my hand at this.
    Thanks! @fire_and_ice, It's a blast to do these. Plus it gives me an excuse to use my archive of Bond photos. :P
    I know I asked before what software do you use, would not know where to start. They look very slick, the gun barrel frames the images well.
    I use adobe Photoshop version CS6. It's not free though. But there are other programs out there. GIMP is a free photo editing program. While not as good as photoshop, it's a good starting point. And thanks. I found a whole set of these Ultimate Edition Bond wallpapers and I made one blank and I use that as a template. I'll provide it here.
    DnWlMWZ.png
    Murdock wrote: »
    I use adobe Photoshop version CS6. It's not free though. But there are other programs out there. GIMP is a free photo editing program. While not as good as photoshop, it's a good starting point. And thanks. I found a whole set of these Ultimate Edition Bond wallpapers and I made one blank and I use that as a template. I'll provide it here.
    DnWlMWZ.png

Are they compatible with Windows 10, I need a new hobby something new to learn about. I'll have a look at the free ones first cheers mate.

Yes I believe Both are compatible. :)
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Thankyou I have made a few birthday cards using Foto and a few of the more basic free programs, think I have half a dozen apps I tend to move what ever I am working on from one to another. Be good to have more advanced software :)

Edited: found GIMP for £6.99 on Amazon it's provided on a USB memory stick, I'll try that.
    GIMP is a great place to start. It's a great substitute to Photoshop. It even has some features that Photoshop doesn't have. They have the same basic elements but I do find it a bit difficult to use but that's because I'm so used to Photoshop. :P
    GIMP is a great place to start. It's a great substitute to Photoshop. It even has some features that Photoshop doesn't have. They have the same basic elements but I do find it a bit difficult to use but that's because I'm so used to Photoshop. :P

It states you can use it with Photoshop, the screen shots of the software look good. Ordered arrives tomorrow

:-bd
    Splendid! Welcome to the world of Graphic Design. :D

Ha ha cheers mate knowing me I'll have it mastered before the weekend, I always have the habit of researching new things to the extreme

;))

Ha ha cheers mate knowing me I'll have it mastered before the weekend, I always have the habit of researching new things to the extreme

;))

Oh same with me and Photoshop. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, I can swear by GIMP. It's what I've always used for my graphic art, and it's a great software, especially since it's free, yet stacks up to all the rest well.
    @fire_and_ice, I can swear by GIMP. It's what I've always used for my graphic art, and it's a great software, especially since it's free, yet stacks up to all the rest well.

Just installed it I have alot of reading to do no idea what I am doing with this software @-) , I bought a paid 2016 version bet I have been stung.

@Murdock Hey this is fun cheers for tip, think I'll enjoy trying my hand at posters.

@fire_and_ice, You're welcome. I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Just installed it I have alot of reading to do no idea what I am doing with this software @-) , I bought a paid 2016 version bet I have been stung.

@Murdock Hey this is fun cheers for tip, think I'll enjoy trying my hand at posters.

The creators of the GIMP software have a main site you can download all the latest editions of the program from, so yes, you may've been had.
    @Brady GIMP software was only £7 though all the software was sent on a 8GB flash drive, that will be the cost that's about right for a flash drive that size I guess. I Found the free version in the UK though it was just a 30 Day free Trial.

@Murdock did my first poster though its very much a first poster ;)) figured out how to make templates and layer multiple images which is a start :-bd
    @fire_and_ice, Congrats! I can't wait to see it. :D
    @fire_and_ice, costs may differ in the UK, I didn't think of that.

Learning how to do layers and playing with the opacity and stacking of those layers is really the heart and soul of graphic design, and the main thing you need to know. It makes the whole process of designing something much easier when all the elements you've created, from actor cut-outs to text and other visual images, each have their own layers, which you can then move around as you see fit without altering the image beyond those design choices.
    Thanks for the advice, I think first thing I need to do is accumulate some images and create ready to use cut outs. The pdf manual is near a thousand pages, dont think ill print it :-S
    Gathering images is part of the fun. I frequent the rare images thread here for some juicy contributions. Go to google and set your search to look for images larger than 4MP. Which is their largest, highest quality images and go nuts. Sometimes you'll have to go smaller but try with what you wish to look for and have fun. If your looking for specific images I'll help you out and look for the best versions you can find. I've got an archive of Bond photos.
    Gathering images is part of the fun. I frequent the rare images thread here for some juicy contributions. Go to google and set your search to look for images larger than 4MP. Which is their largest, highest quality images and go nuts. Sometimes you'll have to go smaller but try with what you wish to look for and have fun. If your looking for specific images I'll help you out and look for the best versions you can find. I've got an archive of Bond photos.

I have a few random Bond images and comic ones I have had over the years though not many, good advice on file size not good when any resolution is lost.

I have always had a interest in amateur photography though done nothing more than enhance photos I have taken, reading through the manual on my tablet most of it is sinking in. I studied technical drawing and design and realisation years ago before the digital age some of that stuff applys ;)) Cheers I appreciate that.
    Well I think I've found my new theme for 2017. I've been heavily inspired by the artwork designed for the Special and Ultimate DVD of the Bond films. I've always been captivated by their simplicity and aura of mystery to them. So my new artwork will be an homage to them. Starting with Dr. No. This one was tough to do. I wanted to try something new. The artwork commonly shown for the film is set on the beach of Crab Key with Bond in his Blue polo shirt with Honey Rider close by. I wanted to try something different without the beach. Here's my results. 2017 here we come. Enjoy. :D
    4q0zwH2h.jpg
    I had those sets good coloring and designs for the lettering, was one of the better sets the ultimate edition. Agree less is often better, there is always the danger off adding too much detail to any art. P.S. One of my favorite Ken Adams sets in the background of your poster, simple but effective sealing don't always work well on film.

Edited: My profile picture is an early effort.

16179421_172585889892488_3803398342082290528_o.jpg?oh=90f2702e6d628f92e50703a9ceb9ac11&oe=591B6FFC
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Well I think I've found my new theme for 2017. I've been heavily inspired by the artwork designed for the Special and Ultimate DVD of the Bond films. I've always been captivated by their simplicity and aura of mystery to them. So my new artwork will be an homage to them. Starting with Dr. No. This one was tough to do. I wanted to try something new. The artwork commonly shown for the film is set on the beach of Crab Key with Bond in his Blue polo shirt with Honey Rider close by. I wanted to try something different without the beach. Here's my results. 2017 here we come. Enjoy. :D
    4q0zwH2h.jpg

That s great. Love the background.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great work, @Murdock. I can't wait for more.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's killing me that I can't get down to business. I could do some wonders, haha!! :))

Still, no computer till the end of February.