Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Interesting that Cavill is an ally to Ethan in this. I'm guessing that Baldwin's character will have him join the team through a joint operation with London to share resources, possibly after Lane's escape or something of the sort. Then Hunt, Cavill's character and all the rest see the mission through.

I foresee a plot where the Syndicate fires back, big time.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I just hope Cavill's not a mole. That would be too predictable in this genre. I'm keeping the faith.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondjames wrote: »
    I just hope Cavill's not a mole. That would be too predictable in this genre. I'm keeping the faith.

Yes, I had the same thought. Here's hoping.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed. I thought of Cavill being the mole in the team, too. But, I sincerely hope that won't be the case.
    The bad thing is that his lack of history with the series and the fact that he's one of the few new characters in 6 makes him a far more likely mole if there is one.
    Judging by the way The Syndicate is conceived, I'm presuming it's the "we have people everywhere" kind of committee instead of simply hiring washed out agents and creating a rogue nation with them. Thing is... sadly I smell Cavill being the mole. Or if not, it could be Sian Brooke pulling a Sherlock the way the Bond team did with Andrew Scott.
    The Syndicate is ex-MI6, so it's bound to be one of the Brits who's in on it.
    Cavill might not be playing a Brit, for all we know, though. Being Hanley's right hand man has the potential of him being an American.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Cavill might not be playing a Brit, for all we know, though. Being Hanley's right hand man has the potential of him being an American.
    That's quite true. Cavill is built, so I wonder if he's going to be a bean counter analyst type or a Peter Quinn (from Homeland) style shadowy field operative figure. Chances are it's the latter.
    I figure Cavill's character will be like Brandt, in that he's able to do diplomatic work in a supporting position and also go out in the field and brave it if he needs to.
    Honestly I hope Cavill is a villain. It would be a nice twist for him and I am pretty sure he can pull it off. Not a twist that makes him a villain...but a straight up villain going head to head and toe to toe with Hunt
    I have to agree that Cruise vs. Cavill would be an interesting match up physically.

As long as Cavill doesn't put on his own famous version of the 'pain face', I'm game.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Interesting that Cavill is an ally to Ethan in this..

Has this been confirmed?

edited March 2017 Posts: 28,694
    @talos7, Cavill's character is said to be "the right hand man to the head of Cruise's unit." Which makes me think he's working with Hanley.
    Possibly a double agent?
    @talos7, Cavill's character is said to be "the right hand man to the head of Cruise's unit." Which makes me think he's working with Hanley.

Thanks! I actually wanted him to play an antagonist, something against type; good guy of bad guy, I hope he's strictly one or the other, the double agent/mole angle has been overplayed.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Cavill also can play Declan Gormley, chacter of mi3. Then played by
    Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Cavill is English, Meyers is Irish.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 832
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Cavill also can play Declan Gormley, chacter of mi3. Then played by
    Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Cavill is English, Meyers is Irish.

Mcquarrie did mention bringing back characters from earlier films.
    Well, that won't interfere with Mission: Impossible 7. ;)
    I see they broke one rule... it's Tom Cruise with short hair, again. Consecutively done. :))
    At this point (considering his age), Tom would look like a rugged old rockstar with that long hair. I think keeping it short was the right move.
    Oh I'm not complaining. Short hair fits him better, in my opinion.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is there a release date for this one yet?
    Maybe 6 takes place right after 5 so they wanted to keep continuity with the hair?
  • jake24 wrote: »

July 2018.

edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Maybe 6 takes place right after 5 so they wanted to keep continuity with the hair?
    Possibly. Rogue Nation took place a year after Ghost Protocol.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

July 2018.
    Yes, I had missed that. Thanks.