Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• edited December 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Apologies

Thank you. Perhaps we can get a policy in which we first send out a tiny PM, to ask for permission from the topic starter? Thanks anyway.

One other thing though, that does worry me, is this topic:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3725/dc-comics-cinematic-universe-2013-present#latest

I swear I was the original topic starter. There were even some voices from people who thought it was a bit useless to start such a topic as opposed to the Marvel Universe topic. But now I see........it's created by someone else? I don't get this......
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    In fact, it wasn't me that edited it; appears it was edited during my hiatus from the forums last month.

As for that thread, you must be mistaken, as thread creators cannot be changed/altered after a thread is made. I remember taking over for Benny's Member Interview Thread, both of us mods, and all I could do was edit it accordingly.
    Now I'm awaiting confirmation that Cruise will fling himself off the top of the Eiffel Tower and rappel down to the ground.
    I would honestly love that @Creasy47

or perhaps a fight scene there similar to what Highlander did 20 years ago for their episode Finale.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I would honestly love that @Creasy47

or perhaps a fight scene there similar to what Highlander did 20 years ago for their episode Finale.

M:I-VI will be a success to me if they include that glass bridge stunt they wanted to include in 'Rogue Nation' but couldn't. That'll be incredible to see on screen, solely because it'll be a practical stunt - will surely take me back to the old days of Bond when my jaw would drop over heavily impressive, realistic stunts.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,690
    More importantly for this latest M:I outing: will Rebecca Ferguson be in a bikini again?
    More importantly for this latest M:I outing: will Rebecca Ferguson be in a bikini again?

A man can dream. I loved her character in 'Rogue Nation,' was happy to see that her return was one of the very first confirmations for this sixth installment.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    This series peaked with the third outing for me (that one actually seemed to have some heart to it), but Tom Cruise rarely lets an audience down with what he is willing to do in the name of entertainment. Excited for this one!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Her character is a perfect example of showing a strong, capable woman without beating us over the head with "she's Ethan's equal"
    A lot of people say the third is their favorite, whereas that's my least favorite in the series, unfortunately.

@talos7, that's what I enjoy about her so much - she's skilled and highly competent without trying to be Ethan Hunt 2.0.
    I have to say 3 is my favorite but 4 a 5 are close. It's a tight grouping.
    Of course, my favorite is the second, which always ends up being the one people enjoy the least. Woo makes the action way too enjoyable for me to dislike it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    #5 is the strongest for me.
    The second! are you mad? ;)
    talos7 wrote: »
    The second! are you mad? ;)

Just a little bit! I know it's a bit dated and cheesy in certain parts (that slo-mo car chase moment between Ethan and Nyah where they longingly stare at each other, hair beautifully blowing in the wind, as they're about to plummet off a cliff is pretty cringey), but other than that, I love the setup: a girl shaking up an ex-agent's villainous scheme while subsequently working with Ethan and his team, behind enemy lines, to stop him. The finale is a damn good one, too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,690
    M:I:2 wins solely for Tom Cruise kicking a gun out of the sand and into the air, only to catch it and shoot the final guy with it. The only guy who came close to this level of badassery is Liam Neeson in 'Non-Stop' when he jumped in the air and caught the flying gun in mid-air and used it to kill the bad guy.
    @DaltonCraig007, that almost rivals him taping the air ducts and carelessly chain-smoking in the bathroom of the plane.
    @Creasy47 if Taken didn't do it already, that smoking in the bathroom scene in 'Non Stop' cemented Liam Neeson as a true legend in the action star genre.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    MI in Paris? Can't wait! I'm sure they'll be their usual inventive selves with this one.

My favourites (by far) are 5, followed by 4 and then 1. I'm not a fan of the 3rd (except for Hoffmann) or the 2nd.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I recently got all the MI films in a Blu-ray collection, and really need to carve out time to rewatch them all. The Bondathon has taken up all my time in that regard.

I don't think I have a favorite, as I can enjoy all of them for different reasons. Each movie is strong in one area that makes it worth the watch.
  • 1,4,5,3,2 is my order of MI movies, 1,4,5 are excellent films IMO.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Of course, my favorite is the second, which always ends up being the one people enjoy the least. Woo makes the action way too enjoyable for me to dislike it.

I have a real soft spot for this movie. It's incredibly enjoyable and isn't saddled with the proto-emo vibes of 3.
    Just watched 3 tonight on Sky Cinema after work. It's been so late since I've seen it. Pleasantly surprised at how well it holds up. Fantastic series (with the exception of 2 which has aged so, so badly). Really looking forward to 6.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 8,087
    "I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me." proto-emo vibes?
  • RC7RC7

CR makes MI:3 look like Dawson's Creek.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2017 Posts: 4,443
    dz9sti.jpg
    Rush Hour 3.

From Paris With Love (also a team movie) was very boring.

Also GI Joe was there in 2009 and i was thinking that Venice (Italy) those days be city of love. So mabey there stil find some more original places in France.
    RC7 wrote: »

Just saying, it was common for films at the time to have a slight emo element, for whatever reason. here's another one:

"It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me." Batman Begins

And who can forget emo spidey strutting his stuff?
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Just saying, it was common for films at the time to have a slight emo element, for whatever reason. here's another one:

"It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me." Batman Begins

And who can forget emo spidey strutting his stuff?

Oh, it certainly was. A lot of emo posturing during that era.
    In the event that they choose Paris, I have no doubt the MI film team will make Paris look spectacular.