Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

So this basically confirms that "Mission: Impossible" will go into Bond-mode ;-):

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=116344

As now director Christopher McQuarrie confirms the 5th M:I-film will have a title!

I want to bet it'll be "TAURUS" :-).
    Paramount Pictures presents
    Bruce Geller's "Mission: Impossible"

With Tom Cruise as
    IMF-secret agent
    Ethan Hunt
    in
    "TAURUS"
    ;-)
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    Great news!bring it on!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Between this & SP- Total spygasm.....
    chrisisall wrote: »

AND U.N.C.L.E. !!

JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »

AND U.N.C.L.E. !!
    YES!!!!
    "Spygasm". I just love....I adore this new word ;-).
    EXCELLENT!
    dragonsky wrote: »

As we do the Spectre trailer!!!! :D
    "Spygasm". I just love....I adore this new word ;-).

As Jeremy Clarkson would say? I am having a Spygasm crisis!!!! =))
    Uhm, question guys? Th expectations for the first "Mission: Impossible 5" teaser trailer are high. As indicated before, the trailer is to be expected to premiere end of March (if everything goes to plans).

But ehm.....we now have confirmation that the first teaser trailer for "SPECTRE" is going to premiere next week as well. March 27th to be precise.

Is "M: I 5" losing the first publicity battle here with James Bond? I mean, how can you properly draw attention to your film, if "SPECTRE" and also "UNCLE" are constantly ahead of you? Is the publicity/marketing machine suffering here a bit from the advanced movie premiere date?
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 5,767
    I thought if at all Kingsman would be competition, but after it was such a disappointment, I don´t believe anymore that Guy Richie´s Uncle will be anywhere near competitive to Bond or M:I.
    M:I as a Tom Cruise vehicle has become an established marketing machine by itself.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2015 Posts: 23,883
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I thought if at all Kingsman would be competition, but after it was such a disappointment, I don´t believe anymore that Guy Richie´s Uncle will be anywhere near competitive to Bond or M:I.
    M:I as a Tom Cruise vehicle has become an established marketing machine by itself.

I agree. Tom Cruise (playing Ethan Hunt in MI) is like James Bond (the character) to an extent. He's a known commodity by now. Some people like him, and some people don't (and won't see his movies no matter how good they are).

All he has to do is show up and not screw up and the movie will do quite well due to the built up fanbase and from the goodwill created by the last one.

If he shows up and brings something interesting to the table (like he did in MI4), then just like Bond with SF the movie will do gangbusters because it will bring in new fans on top of the ones who will see it anyway regardless of the marketing machine.

I haven't got any real answer related to my questions in my previous post.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I haven't got any real answer related to my questions in my previous post.

I don't think it's quite a direct competition because they are being released at different times. If MI still had its fall release date then it would be a more relevant conversation.

The more important question is if MI5 has had enough promotion and marketing for a movie that is going to be released quite shortly. I think it has not.

So they had better bust out the marketing quickly and in full effect to increase awareness. Otherwise, the team will just have to make something absolutely superb and let the movie do the walking like a slow burner with repeat viewings due to positive word of mouth (similar to CR). Maybe that is the strategy after all (I don't know what budget they have to play with but it's probably quite a bit less than SP - marketing budget normally dictates the approach they take).

I don't think Uncle is relevant at all. It has to start from scratch and build awareness (with two relatively lacklustre leads imho). Cruise can sell MI just by showing up.
    Christopher McQuarrie just tweeted this:

It seems they are still doing final touch-ups of their trailer. Sjee, Sony is damn smart to compete with Paramount and the release of their first "Mission: Impossible 5" teaser trailer :-).
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,470
    Jingchu Zhang imdb page having a new front picture since last Friday. I think it is from Mi5 with Italy or Austria on the background.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2319773696/nm1846368?ref_=nm_ov_ph
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Tom has just posted this on his Twitter Account:

Light the fuse.

CAsoPV2WUAA7wlD.jpg

Possibly a trailer coming this afternoon?? I'm sure this is to do with competing with Spectre. They want to get the trailer out first.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This looks so awesome!!! The teaser totally sold me in just one minute.

I know what I'm doing on July 31st.
    I LOVE IT!!!!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 9,790
    I was just about to post that so the title is

Mission Impossible :
    Rogue Nation

Which I kind of like a lot more then Taurus.
  • The video released today is a television commercial. The actual trailer comes out on Monday. That means two spy trailers this week.
    The video released today is a television commercial. The actual trailer comes out on Monday. That means two spy trailers this week.

Are you sure its going to be on Monday, any official comfirmatiom @AlexanderWaverly
    Sorry @AlexanderWaverly It was mentioned in the trailer at the end Worlwide trailer debut March 23, this is going to be a great week. They pushed the date up from the 3rd of April probably because of the Spectre trailer release date
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,115
    aaron819 wrote: »
    The video released today is a television commercial. The actual trailer comes out on Monday. That means two spy trailers this week.

Are you sure its going to be on Monday, any official comfirmatiom @AlexanderWaverly

Watch the end of the commercial released today. It says, "Worldwide trailer debut March 23."

Was the subtitle of the film released before today? I never knew it was going to be titled 'Rogue Nation.' So we have a full trailer tomorrow and a SPECTRE teaser on Saturday!? Unreal.
  • aaron819 wrote: »
    Sorry @AlexanderWaverly It was mentioned in the trailer at the end Worlwide trailer debut March 23, this is going to be a great week. They pushed the date up from the 3rd of April probably because of the Spectre trailer release date

No worries. Sorry my response to your first commented was posted while you were posting the comment quoted here. Again, no worries.
    Hmmm...I would have preferred Taurus tbh..but I ain't even mad with the title..

This teaser looks..alright..it didn't pump me up a lot.. Cruise holding for the plane didn't have that effect with me as I guess they wanted it to have and if this is the answer to the tower climb in MI:GP...I'll be kinda disappointed...

But with that said the plot of the movie looks good and from what I've seen I am pretty damn sure MI:RN will definitelly deliver....will it be better than GP ? We'll see..

That jump of faith that Cruise had in this teaser seemed amazing,..

I hope they don't reveal too much in the trailer tomorrow.. I plan on seeing it but I don't want to know too many details as I think this TEASER revealed too much than needed.

Also I hope they will have some sort of Macguffin device in the movie other that "Let's run away from the bad guys" cause that might get overdone after a while..

But what am I talking about I'll definitelly see the movie, enjoy it and say it was pretty damn good.

Sounds to me like Hunt and his team will be up against a group of equally-skilled assassins or something? If so, bring it on. I only watched the teaser once. I know I could watch it 1,000 more times easily but I'll burn myself out on it.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    It seems that the spy-franchise is taking over familiair Bond elements. One of which is the introduction of original (sub)titles ;-). And in all honesty, I don't mind. I love it. "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" sounds absolutely delightful. It shows that the M:I-franchise is having true longevity.

One thing though. So after "The Man From UNCLE" and "SPECTRE", also "M:I - Rogue Nation" seems to be fighting a shadowy "Syndicate". Ethan Hunt tells you that in the trailer. An anti-IMF. In this case this syndicate is operating as a "rogue nation" in the shadows. Most likely called "TAURUS"?

Also, in all honesty? I think "Rogue Nation" already looks like a slightly darker film in nature. The action is off course breathtaking, stunning really. I can't wait to see this film!

By the way? Can someone please change the title into "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" (2015) ??
    Still impressed by it can't wait to see the full trailer and the theme from the trailer

What a crazy week