Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Seagal needs a stunt double just to move that hamburger closer to his mouth. LOL!

I don't think that big boy needs any help in this regard.

seagal-burger.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    mtm wrote: »
    Yes I'm not hugely bothered by the original Top Gun at all (I remember it being fun enough when I saw it as a kid but I've never felt the need to watch it again) but this looks like a different kind of experience, and probably one which will need a cinema trip.

I guess I may need to revisit the first one to understand everything that goes on in this one though (although I guess it'll disappear off to Paramount+ imminently)

I’m a big fan; he gives 100%.

I’m also intrigued about a possible role in the MCU as
    Iron Man/ Tony Stark

• talos7 wrote: »
    Yes I'm not hugely bothered by the original Top Gun at all (I remember it being fun enough when I saw it as a kid but I've never felt the need to watch it again) but this looks like a different kind of experience, and probably one which will need a cinema trip.

I guess I may need to revisit the first one to understand everything that goes on in this one though (although I guess it'll disappear off to Paramount+ imminently)

Iron Man/ Tony Stark
    Yeah, at 57 Robert Downey Jr. is getting a little too old for the role. Time to hand the suit to the next generation.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »

Iron Man/ Tony Stark
    Yeah, at 57 Robert Downey Jr. is getting a little too old for the role. Time to hand the suit to the next generation.
    Lol, of course he would be a multiverse variant, not a successor
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess those rumours have come around because he was always the one who was supposed to be doing it back in the 90s - it would be fun to finally see.
  • talos7 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

Iron Man/ Tony Stark
    Lol, of course he would be a multiverse variant, not a successor
    Haha, figured that was the case.
    I guess those rumours have come around because he was always the one who was supposed to be doing it back in the 90s - it would be fun to finally see.
    I was wondering if it might have been something like that. Like Nic Cage with Superman Lives. Still would like to see Burton make that movie with Cage in the lead. Hey, with DC opening their own multiverse...?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Seagal needs a stunt double just to move that hamburger closer to his mouth. LOL!

seagal-burger.jpg

-What does it take to change the essence of a man?
    -Time. I need time.
    -I don't. I need food.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »

seagal-burger.jpg

-Time. I need time.
    -I don't. I need food.

Steven Seagal in Out for Food, coming to VHS soon.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

seagal-burger.jpg

-Time. I need time.
    -I don't. I need food.

The hit sequel to Executive Indigestion.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

seagal-burger.jpg

-Time. I need time.
    -I don't. I need food.

His waistline is Under Siege.
    This stuff writes itself.

51NkLyHO9ZL._AC_SY580_.jpg

seagal-burger.jpg

-Time. I need time.
    -I don't. I need food.

Above the Waist
    Hard to Eat
    Marked for Food
    Out for Burger
    Burger Siege
    On Fatty Ground
    Burger Siege 2: Waistline Territory
    Executive Constipation
    The Glimmer Waist
    Burger Down Below
    Half Past Food
    Exit Burgers

…. I think the rest was mostly direct-to-stomach fast food crap.

seagal-burger.jpg

-Time. I need time.
    -I don't. I need food.

I laughed really hard at this one.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    His hairline seems to be under siege.

Gotta be honest, I’ve always been baffled by Seagal having any screen appeal or fans. Every bit of footage I’ve seen in him shows him to be a complete charisma vacuum with no redeeming qualities. Even Lazenby has more of a twinkle in his eye compared to Seagal. Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t much of an actor, but he’s got charisma to spare. Seagal? I just don’t get it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

seagal-burger.jpg

-Time. I need time.
    -I don't. I need food.

Above the Waist
    Hard to Eat
    Marked for Food
    Out for Burger
    Burger Siege
    On Fatty Ground
    Burger Siege 2: Waistline Territory
    Executive Constipation
    The Glimmer Waist
    Burger Down Below
    Half Past Food
    Exit Burgers

…. I think the rest was mostly direct-to-stomach fast food crap.

These made me laugh.

Gotta be honest, I’ve always been baffled by Seagal having any screen appeal or fans. Every bit of footage I’ve seen in him shows him to be a complete charisma vacuum with no redeeming qualities. Even Lazenby has more of a twinkle in his eye compared to Seagal. Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t much of an actor, but he’s got charisma to spare. Seagal? I just don’t get it.

Seagal is hilariously mistaken about his own screen charisma. That is why I love to watch a SS film as an exercise in irony and epic failures. But his latest releases aren't even good enough for that anymore. His name is all over the DVD cover, his head occupies half the cover space, yet he is barely in it for more than 5 minutes. Imagine a QOS poster that has Medrano's aid all over the place. This is crisis, people! I haven't even enough Seagalisms to enjoy anymore. 😉

That all said, I really like the Under Siege films, despite Seagal's character of Casey Rybeck being little more than another masturbatory expression of the man's self-inflated ego.

You and me both! Cant for the life of me, see his appeal!!

I think it's down to his physical prowess and presence in his earliest films, say... his first 5: Above The Law - Hard To Kill - Marked For Death - Out For Justice - Under Siege. He might have had the charisma of a brick wall, but he was also built like one. And looked convincing when he would slap people and throw people across the screen. Back in the day, to his credit he did look intimidating, except for when he had to run.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2022 Posts: 14,957
    Did he look intimidating? I always thought he was quite lanky-looking back in his heyday. Now he genuinely does as much of his films as possible sitting down.

I remembered enjoying the first Under Siege film but I watched it again over lockdown and it was lot less fun than I remembered it being.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I’ve only seen a bit of UNDER SIEGE on TV, but the thing I remember of it besides Seagal being a block of wood was Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey stealing, chewing, and digesting every scene they appeared in.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes they absolutely chomp it up. They at least are good fun; Seagal is appalling in it. It's weird how he had a career after making a Die Hard ripoff like this because it puts him in direct contrast to Bruce Willis, who was ten times as talented as he was in this sort of film.
    Yes they absolutely chomp it up. They at least are good fun; Seagal is appalling in it. It's weird how he had a career after making a Die Hard ripoff like this because it puts him in direct contrast to Bruce Willis, who was ten times as talented as he was in this sort of film.

I always wanted to one day sit down and watch all the die hard ripp offs but then I realized I am married when am i going to find time for that lol
    edited April 2022 Posts: 6,729
    I think Seagal was charismatic. I'm looking forward to watching all the movies he made in the 90s that I haven't seen.

I just need time. Time to watch.

I think the rest was mostly direct-to-stomach fast food crap.
    :))

Edit: Also, how delightful to see that Steven Seagal has taken over this thread. Mission Impossible? Pfft, not for Casey Ryback, Mason Storm, Gino Felino, Sasha Petrosevich...
    All kidding aside, I grew up with Out for Justice, Marked for Death and Above the Law on VHS as a kid and always loved them. Out for Justice is still one of my favorite go-to action movies, pure entertainment with a really great performance from William Forsythe.
    All kidding aside, I grew up with Out for Justice, Marked for Death and Above the Law on VHS as a kid and always loved them. Out for Justice is still one of my favorite go-to action movies, pure entertainment with a really great performance from William Forsythe.

That scene in Marked for Death where the drug sale goes wrong is cool. The violence really hurts to watch. Same goes for Screwface's death.

William Forsythe is a good actor. I saw him a few weeks ago in The Waterdance. That was a fine movie.

That scene in Marked for Death where the drug sale goes wrong is cool. The violence really hurts to watch. Same goes for Screwface's death.

William Forsythe is a good actor. I saw him a few weeks ago in The Waterdance. That was a fine movie.

Agreed.

And I always love seeing Forsythe pop up in any film or show. I really dig his character, as idiotic as he is, in The Devil's Rejects.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    The new behind the scenes video of Top Gun looks great.
    I wonder if we'll find anything about MI7 when Top Gun is released next month, like a title or even a teaser?
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited April 2022 Posts: 1,430
    Apparently McQuarrie recently updated his twitter banner photo. Someone tweeted we may get a MI7 teaser soon. Maybe in May, with Top Gun?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's cool, thanks. Yes it looks like a scoring session for a trailer. Fingers crossed.

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie
    Hell yes, I really hope we get it sooner rather than later then. Definitely appears to be a trailer scoring session, as @mtm stated. I can't wait, been waiting ages for a proper first look.
    edited April 2022 Posts: 40,473
    We've got a title! Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning - Part 1:

https://deadline.com/2022/04/mission-impossible-7-gets-a-title-trailer-unveiled-cinemacon-1235012099/

Trailer is expected to drop with Top Gun: Maverick so we might get it very soon!