new 007 car

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    https://viewcomiconline.com/james-bond-hammerhead-issue-3/

Okay yeah #3. Pretty appropriate as a rental. I like how it's used after these two pages.

JBHammer033.jpg

-Gn4AZqDAznPTFS2qvbJbSj0aEDyPFhi7x6NkxRLt38Sx7XxPw76wRxtHpbVKMbPiY8mdDmPqcK2l_wctzCf1WSNDrO7XcxXXSXLCarlJpkNrsMHuKLbRlGnrDIatvj5iu5tSQ=s0?rhlupa=MTcxLjI1NS43MC41Mw&rnvuka=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKExpbnV4OyBBbmRyb2lkIDYuMC4xOyBTTS1DOTAwRiBCdWlsZC9NTUIyOU0pIEFwcGxlV2ViS2l0LzUzNy4zNiAoS0hUTUwsIGxpa2UgR2Vja28pIENocm9tZS81Ni4wLjI5MjQuODcgTW9iaWxlIFNhZmFyaS81MzcuMzY=

• quantumspectrequantumspectre argentina
    yes, a mustang sounds good for the next era, also if they follow that comic style( a black matte mustang with gadgets) will be cool.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A Ford Mustang for a Bond car?
    Please, this is James Bond. Not The Fast And Furious.
    Ahem !

51175-1532336916.jpg

But I agree : Bond should drive a British car, or at least, a European one. Which is why my choice would be a Bentley Continental GT.
    It could be a rental. Makes sense on a mission. Been done.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »
    Ahem !

51175-1532336916.jpg

But I agree : Bond should drive a British car, or at least, a European one. Which is why my choice would be a Bentley Continental GT.

That was when a Mach 1 was a good car.
    Though I take your point ;)
    That films was in the US, after all. Also, so was A View to a Kill, which had a Corvette. In LTK Bond drove a rental Lincoln, as he also did in TB. At any rate, at home in London, Bond should have proper autos - both his own and also his employer-provided cars. If you take any inspiration from the books, a Bentley Continental GT absolutely would be appropriate, but --- an older one, not a brand new one. Not that even the very first of the BCGTs in this era would be "an affordable used car", but Bond may have gotten one which was quite banged up from use, abuse and an accident, and then spend some money on fixing it up....with a few improvement here and there.
    And it would have to start right up, no hesitation, after sitting outside in the cold and rain and not having been run for a while. One of Bond's requirements, you may recall.
    Ahem !
    But I agree : Bond should drive a British car, or at least, a European one.

A Saab, then. GT.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/11/saabs-rebirth-envisioned-with-an-electric-grand-tourer-by-independent-designer/
    Saab-GT-Design-Study-main-1024x555.jpg
    ff0bfaa1e78290e95260019ec7d311f849843fdb.pnj
    Gardner went with that Saab idea...then came to his senses later and put Bond in a Bentley.
    But that Silver Beast... and those snowplows.

I'd welcome any excuse to see those onscreen. Or homaged.

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited February 2023 Posts: 4,312
    James Bond should never be seen in a current Bentley. The design is outdated and the target customer is the 50+ executive type with expensive hobbies, perhaps (you may be able to tell that I do not know anyone personally who ownes one, so no offence meant).

To me they say: "Look at me, I want you to see that I do not know what to do with my money, but "Bentley" has the appropriate exclusive ring to it, important people I know drive one and it's sportier than a Rolls Royce...anyway, I have no clue of cars anyway. But you can tell it is expensive, no?"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 13,929
    Just give him a dark green 90s Continental, sorted.

bent0058.jpg?pxc_method=gravityfill&pxc_bgtype=self&pxc_size=720,480&watermark=2070720186
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    This is not the Petrolheads thread, but I prefer this:
    0001_bentley.jpg
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Best of British
    SxvL8i3.jpg
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    The CEO of Bentley has said it is "too expensive" to be Bond's car for them anyway.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 5,808
    Okay, Bentley is out, we've seen too much of Astons (although, as Mae West once said : "Too much of something can be wonderful"), and I don't see Bond as a Morgan man. So, why not a Jaguar ? An F-Type would be my choice :

new-jaguar-f-type-p300-coupe-rwd-eiger-grey-18.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2023 Posts: 13,894
    Since62 wrote: »
    Gardner went with that Saab idea...then came to his senses later and put Bond in a Bentley.

I preferred the Saab 900 Turbo to be honest, Gardner made it work, and Saab were only to happy to assist. Bentley on the other hand, wouldn't allow Gardner to give the Mulsanne Turbo any gadgets other than the phone!

I think he regretted the change, as I recall Saabs appearing in some the latter books. M is driven around in a 9000 in one of the last ones (maybe Seafire).
    Okay, Bentley is out, we've seen too much of Astons (although, as Mae West once said : "Too much of something can be wonderful"), and I don't see Bond as a Morgan man. So, why not a Jaguar ? An F-Type would be my choice :

new-jaguar-f-type-p300-coupe-rwd-eiger-grey-18.jpg

The F Type has its roots in a design shared by Aston, so I think not.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 689
    Not exactly a bullet shield but looks cool as.

a6dbced35648b5719c4b96bf08c9e821.gif
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    But that Silver Beast... and those snowplows.

I'd welcome any excuse to see those onscreen. Or homaged.

Yes, agreed. That was a greatly written, Flemingesque scene in Icebreaker. Bond, vehicles and snow really go well together in my book.
    Noble M600
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    QBranch wrote: »
    Just give him a dark green 90s Continental, sorted.

bent0058.jpg?pxc_method=gravityfill&pxc_bgtype=self&pxc_size=720,480&watermark=2070720186

I quite liked the Brooklands they did around 2010; that made me think of the kind of car the book Bond would have.

vehicle_ad_standard_image_27a5d368deca93059e16c7def31786a0.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    What about a Tesla for Bond?
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    What about a Tesla for Bond?

Is this Bond's personal car or one assigned by MI6?

If it's his personal car, then I'd like to hear Bond's conversation with himself.
    "I think I'll get a Tesla because...."

How about the new V12 Aston Martin Valour??/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    No, AM has been too overexposed in the films of late. I wish the next era reverts Bond back to the Bentley or something different and even a film or two where he doesn't have his own car or drive one at all.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    No, AM has been too overexposed in the films of late. I wish the next era reverts Bond back to the Bentley or something different and even a film or two where he doesn't have his own car or drive one at all.

True, but what about the DB12?
    In the Craig era he pulled two classics from his lockup. Who knows what the next Bond will have in his.

True, but what about the DB12?

Love it!