ARGYLLE - Matthew Vaughn/Henry Cavill spy movie series

mtmmtm United Kingdom
edited July 2021 in General Movies & TV Posts: 15,623
Matthew Vaughn (Kingsman) announced his new spy series collaboration with Cavill today:



"“When I read this early draft manuscript I felt it was the most incredible and original spy franchise since Ian Fleming’s books of the ’50s,” said Vaughan. “This is going to reinvent the spy genre.”

Big words! :)

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/matthew-vaughan-argylle-film-henry-cavill-1235014809/
«1345

Comments

  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Posts: 24,291
    Sounds great.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Posts: 8,102
    With Vaughn behind it, I don’t think it has a chance.
  • This should definitively put him out of the running for Bond. I still think he would have made a good alternative or successor to Craig.
  • Posts: 15,951
    I think Cavill could get in 3 or 4 of those new ARGYLLE epics before work begins on B26.
    I'd say he's still in the running to replace Craig.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »
    I think Cavill could get in 3 or 4 of those new ARGYLLE epics before work begins on B26.
    I'd say he's still in the running to replace Craig.

    Ha! You're probably right. But he will surely be out of the age eligibility for Bond by that time. Same reason why Idris Elba never would have been a realistic replacement for Craig.
  • Posts: 15,951
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I think Cavill could get in 3 or 4 of those new ARGYLLE epics before work begins on B26.
    I'd say he's still in the running to replace Craig.

    Ha! You're probably right. But he will surely be out of the age eligibility for Bond by that time. Same reason why Idris Elba never would have been a realistic replacement for Craig.

    My thought is by the time we get to B26, the age rules will be out the window and actors in their late 60's may be considered. LOL
  • ToTheRight wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I think Cavill could get in 3 or 4 of those new ARGYLLE epics before work begins on B26.
    I'd say he's still in the running to replace Craig.

    Ha! You're probably right. But he will surely be out of the age eligibility for Bond by that time. Same reason why Idris Elba never would have been a realistic replacement for Craig.

    My thought is by the time we get to B26, the age rules will be out the window and actors in their late 60's may be considered. LOL

    In that case we may as well roll back the 80s and have Dalton and Brosnan duke it out to re-take up the mantle.
  • Posts: 15,951
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I think Cavill could get in 3 or 4 of those new ARGYLLE epics before work begins on B26.
    I'd say he's still in the running to replace Craig.

    Ha! You're probably right. But he will surely be out of the age eligibility for Bond by that time. Same reason why Idris Elba never would have been a realistic replacement for Craig.

    My thought is by the time we get to B26, the age rules will be out the window and actors in their late 60's may be considered. LOL

    In that case we may as well roll back the 80s and have Dalton and Brosnan duke it out to re-take up the mantle.

    I'd be first in line for that!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 13,379
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I think Cavill could get in 3 or 4 of those new ARGYLLE epics before work begins on B26.
    I'd say he's still in the running to replace Craig.

    Ha! You're probably right. But he will surely be out of the age eligibility for Bond by that time. Same reason why Idris Elba never would have been a realistic replacement for Craig.

    My thought is by the time we get to B26, the age rules will be out the window and actors in their late 60's may be considered. LOL
    So Craig. Nice.

  • This announcement reminds me the spy thriller that was set to be directed by Nicolas Winding Refn and written by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. Regarding the prospect of a whole movie series, I have some doubts about Vaughn's ability to oversee more than one installment, and it seem like he doesn't have much hope for the future of the Kingsman franchise.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Posts: 2,618
    This is the end of his chances of being Bond I reckon
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2021 Posts: 5,884
    I think to assume Cavill would still be able to do Bond is wishful thinking. Plus the guy was Superman, he's The Witcher, he was Napoleon Solo. I don't really want James Bond to just become another achievement on someone's IMDb page. I want Bond to be Bond.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Posts: 8,102
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    This is the end of his chances of being Bond I reckon

    A good thing. Don’t really want another pretty boy Brosnan type Bond anyway.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Posts: 984
    Sounds interesting. This will pretty much draw a line through Cavill's chances of talking over from Craig now.
  • Great news. He definitely won't be Bond now.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2021 Posts: 18,015
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think to assume Cavill would still be able to do Bond is wishful thinking. Plus the guy was Superman, he's The Witcher, he was Napoleon Solo. I don't really want James Bond to just become another achievement on someone's IMDb page. I want Bond to be Bond.

    The Holy Trinity. ;)

    I agree with your point though. Cavill's too well known now and too well identified with major roles to be cast as the next James Bond.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,488
    Wll Lasco Atkins be in this. Shame he was not in Kingsman movie, but this actor/cameo guy is seen in a lot film series. He have part in Stardust and X-men Firstclass, The Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie and two Bond movies (Casino Royale and Spectre). When i bought X-men Firstclass he moved to 3th place moost actors in collection with 21 and Brosnan moved to 4th place.

    Good that whant to make three movies, quistion be with who those movies be released. There don't confirmd this, so expect that mean country or two based studio if not Sony (Layer Cake). If going to be Paramount then it mean Paramount/DFW for The Netherlands/Belgium. When Stardust be released Paramount was studio with releasing there own releases before Universal did it and now DFW.
  • Posts: 12,511
    This should definitively put him out of the running for Bond. I still think he would have made a good alternative or successor to Craig.

    Was thinking the exact same thing!
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 9,825
    I am interested to see a trailer for this at least
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2023 Posts: 15,623
  • Posts: 6,687
    Is that poster official? If so, that’s got to be one of the worst posters I’ve ever seen. It’s even worse than Cavill’s hairdo in the film :)
    And the cast lost me with John Cena and Dua Lipa.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 8,111
    I don't know, I kind of like the poster; it has a quirky , Wes Anderson, vibe.
    As far as his hair and Cena and Lipa, I'm not thrilled about those
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 15,623
    talos7 wrote: »
    I don't know, I kind of like the poster; it has a quirky , Wes Anderson, vibe.
    As far as his hair and Cena and Lipa, I'm not thrilled about those

    I've not seen Lipa act, is she bad?
    I think they're definitely going for quirky- the CG cat in the trailer clip seems to be evidence of that.
  • Posts: 374
    The best part of that poster is that it states IN THEATERS February. Great that it's a cinema release I thought it was a movie meant for streaming
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Posts: 3,021
    Does this mean that Sam Rockwell's blown his chances of being the next Felix?
  • JustJamesJustJames London
    Posts: 209
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think to assume Cavill would still be able to do Bond is wishful thinking. Plus the guy was Superman, he's The Witcher, he was Napoleon Solo. I don't really want James Bond to just become another achievement on someone's IMDb page. I want Bond to be Bond.

    Roger Moore.
    (It’s not like Pierce or Tim were anything like unknowns either. Craig was slightly lower key, but not a nobody… basically, only Lazenby *really* was an unknown, as Connery was on the way up anyway.)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2023 Posts: 24,291
    Deleted, just realized the teaser trailer was on another posters link.
  • Posts: 1,771
    Would still like to se Cavill return as Ian Fleming's other spy.......Napoleon Solo.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 15,623
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    The best part of that poster is that it states IN THEATERS February. Great that it's a cinema release I thought it was a movie meant for streaming

    Yes I had that impression too. This one seems to have taken a while.
Sign In or Register to comment.