House of the Dragon & Other Spin Offs

124»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Creasy47 this show is next level story telling, catch up now so you can get involved with the build up toward the finale, honestly this show is good you wont regret it mate.

Thanks for the recommendation, my friend, glad you've really been warming to it. How many episodes are you up to now? I need to catch up in the next week or two.

The last episode was the seventh so 3 more to go, the strength of the show is great subtle character moments, House of the Dragon has many positives going for it. Its more than made up for GOT season 8.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Creasy47 this show is next level story telling, catch up now so you can get involved with the build up toward the finale, honestly this show is good you wont regret it mate.

Thanks for the recommendation, my friend, glad you've really been warming to it. How many episodes are you up to now? I need to catch up in the next week or two.

The last episode was the seventh so 3 more to go, the strength of the show is great subtle character moments, House of the Dragon has many positives going for it. Its more than made up for GOT season 8.

I don't know about that last part but I look forward to seeing for myself. I'll get around to it shortly hopefully.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    “He can keep his tongue.”

Never thought I’d ever be rooting for Daemon, but there we are.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2022 Posts: 5,869
    I've seen a lot of people choose sides with House of the Dragon while personally, I feel extremely conflicted by all of them. Sometimes I feel more inclined to agree with Alicent and the people surrounding her and sometimes I feel more inclined to agree with Rhaenyra and the people surrounding her...
    Although I have to say I find Rhaenyra's "strong" boys really annoying and I'm always glad when someone messes with them like Aemond did so brilliantly this episode.

Also, with Vaemond, was he lying? It was unfortunate he felt the need to call her a "whore", but he wasn't wrong about the children, why should he sit there and watch as his family bloodline is ruined by a completely separate family? I'm not saying he should've got away with it, but I don't think anyone can blame him. He was just sick of watching the farce that had been going on for years and years.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    House of the Dragon Episode 8 Wow outstanding television. One vital piece of information will sway who is the ultimate villain(s) in this show.
    I won't put it in a spoiler tag as many may not be aware of something that has been going on. I have two prime suspects.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Another great episode. Honestly I'll be very surprised if Olivia Cooke isn't nominated for an Emmy.
    Wow just finished Episode 9 again outstanding, this show never seizes to impress. That last few minutes, heart in mouth stuff there.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,366
    I'll watch the latest episode later. Seems the show gets better and better with each episode. I discovered they also save huge moments for the last few minutes of each episode.
    Season 1 Finale absolutely incredible, one of the best first seasons of TV ever.
    Speaking of which :

877029_320x180.jpg
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Season 1 Finale absolutely incredible, one of the best first seasons of TV ever.

I wouldn't go that far, but I agree that it is pretty good. I don't think it's yet at the mass appeal and just quality of art and craft of GOT at it's very best, but what is? Especially in a first season.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2023 Posts: 5,869
    The first official trailer for House Of The Dragon Season 2 will be released tomorrow!

Here's a couple new beautiful posters that have been posted ahead of time.

GAOWgd3bwAAS2JJ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    GAOWf3rbwAA2t08?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Season 2 Teaser
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2023 Posts: 5,869
    hotd-062023-credit-theo-whitman-0564-1701539716985.jpg
    hotd-052423-credit-theo-whitman-0390-1701539716984.jpg
    house-of-the-dragon-season-2-trailer-release-date-b.jpg
    71770174007-hotd-062223-credit-ollie-upton-2318.jpg
    HOTD_051923_Credit-Ollie-Upton_0647.jpg
    hotd-310823-credit-ollie-upton-2554-1701539716986.jpg
    11003695_824694_3744x5616.jpg?downsize=1920:*&output-format=jpg
    I'm still waiting a few more years to check this out, see if it turns to complete and utter ruin the way GoT did first.
    I'm still waiting a few more years to check this out, see if it turns to complete and utter ruin the way GoT did first.

The first season was great, I would enjoy it whilst it is yet to be tarnished.

That's the opposite line of thinking I've dwelled on too: I've heard great things and didn't get into GoT until Season 4, so maybe I should enjoy it while it IS good and before I've had a wave of spoilers dampen the impact of anything within.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,325

That's the opposite line of thinking I've dwelled on too: I've heard great things and didn't get into GoT until Season 4, so maybe I should enjoy it while it IS good and before I've had a wave of spoilers dampen the impact of anything within.

Hopefully having a shorter run and a better plan HOTD will stick the landing, I keep meaning to buy the first season on physical disk.

I am watching GOT S8 currently (on disk), its slightly better than when i streamed it as I can actually see most of what is happening in the darker night time scenes now lol.
    I remember buying every season of GoT individually, then holding off on the penultimate season in case they'd do a 4K box set. Once the final season ended, I sold them all off, knowing the final season was such trash that it retroactively killed any interest I'd have in the earlier seasons and I'd never rewatch a single one again. It was that bad.
    I remember buying every season of GoT individually, then holding off on the penultimate season in case they'd do a 4K box set. Once the final season ended, I sold them all off, knowing the final season was such trash that it retroactively killed any interest I'd have in the earlier seasons and I'd never rewatch a single one again. It was that bad.

I don't blame you S8 stalled me buying the rest of GOT, i only bought S8 as found it still in its wrapping for £1.50 in a charity shop.

HOTD really does have some great characters that you care about and some great set up for future rivalry's.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Season 2 looks great, debating whether to buy Season 1 of HOTD on 4K disk it is currently on offer.