Famous Movie Lines Quiz

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Is it 'Hostel'? Pretty intense plot, I do think the protagonist gets knocked out a few times, and it's a zone of its own.
    Is it XXX? I do remember that quote, it makes me laugh, for some odd reason. Not sure if I'm right though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Is it XXX? I do remember that quote, it makes me laugh, for some odd reason. Not sure if I'm right though.

Ding ding ding.

1.) If they are not aware of the film's plot or cast, your parents may not let you watch this film at first- The title of the film is XxX for crying out loud!

2.) The film's protagonist gets knocked out A LOT. There have probably been drinking games based upon this film- Xander gets knocked out so much it isn't even funny. Much like Bond in Goldfinger.

3.) You may have heard of the "Danger Zone", but this film introduces us to a whole new "Zone"- Xander will often say "Welcome to the Xander Zone!"

Over to you, @Sammm04.
    Thanks Brady, I hope this will be quite a good quote.

"A simple matter of taste and common sense. I cannot think of anyone better than you."

Clues:
    1. This character is a man with a love of all things Caledonian.

2. Broken promises can make the people of a country quite upset.

3. This historical character can be related to the Bond franchise.
    Good clues! I overlooked that.

@Sammm04, I suppose this relates to Scotland or someone Scottish, obviously.

'Braveheart'?
  • The Last King of Scotland?
    The Last King of Scotland?

Well done, I was hoping that would last longer, but oh well.

Clues:
    1. This character is a man with a love of all things Caledonian. Idi Amin, in the film at least, had a liking for all things Caledonian, which is why he acts positively when Nicholas says he is Scottish.

2. Broken promises can make the people of a country quite upset. Amin promised to return Uganda to its people, however, he turned into a repressive dictator, breaking his promise.

3. This historical character can be related to the Bond franchise. Yaphet Kotto, who was Kananga in Live and Let Die, also played Amin (Julius Harris also played him.) in the 1977 film, Raid on Entebbe.

• I'll pass this round to whoever wants to take it up the challenge :-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    We can pass the shoe on to @Creasy again, as he seems to be the only one other than ourselves participating at the moment, and he often checks back in to give us more hints and whatnot. I don't object to that.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 40,637
    Thanks, Brady.

"I want a suite, a shower, a shave, the feel of a suit."

1.) The quote may mimic Brosnan's Bond's request in DAD, but it's from a non-Bond film spoken by a Bond that many may consider the greatest of Bond's.

2.) BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.

3.) The title reflects a stage name of someone famous.
  • Shhhhean in The Rock ;-)
    @WillyGalore, that'shhhh right ;-) over to you.
  • Thanks @Creasy

"I like cats. I don't like people who don't"
    Thanks @Creasy

Any clues? I guess you don't have to, I just wasn't sure if anyone agreed on trying it like that from here on out.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Thanks @Creasy

Any clues? I guess you don't have to, I just wasn't sure if anyone agreed on trying it like that from here on out.

This film stars another James Bond
    edited September 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I do believe that is Roger Moore's character in North Sea Hijack/Ffolkes. I remember seeing a picture from that film used in a BondCapCon with Roger holding a cat, and since I have heard he is quite the rude man in the film, the quote seems to fit on all accounts.
  • Spot on @0Brady. Over to you.
    Cool! Here's the next one, gentlemen:

"I never want to be alone."

1.) A famed filmmaker was involved in the production of this film, though it is not mentioned too frequently when his/her cinematic contributions are discussed.

2.) This film has an interesting connection to a certain boy wizard.

3.) For those who are fans of the film's characters, the surprise revelation at the end is quite the doozy!
  • Sounds like Superman. The second release from 1980 with Terence Stamp
    edited September 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Sounds like Superman. The second release from 1980 with Terence Stamp
    Nope.
  • Sounds like Superman. The second release from 1980 with Terence Stamp
    Nope.

The woman black.

Debbie does Dallas.

Heathers.

No it's The Usual Suspects.

• ^ I think you could be right with The Usual Suspects.

I'm guessing the #2 clue is Bad Hat Harry (Potter)
    No correct guesses yet, and @forgotmyusername, it seems you @forgottherules. One guess per post, please.
    It isn't 'The Tailor of Panama,' is it?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It isn't 'The Tailor of Panama,' is it?

No.
  • Revelation....doozy....ummmm

Not many recent films that have given us a dun dun daaaaaah moments.....

Neil Jordan film....the crying game?
    Nope.
  • Aliens
    No.
    Is it 'Sin City'?