Bond Rebus: Guess the name, word, or phrase

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes TINY TIM
    edited December 2023 Posts: 6,950
    I was trying to figure out that one, unsuccessfully.

I know the other two.

Her-a-Cleese = Heracles
    Bung-a bung-a = Bunga bunga
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 13,410
    Yes that nailed it @mattjoes finishing #1 #2, well done.
    c035f23cd1a85dd5b1b84ee6e0fc0e1b516b63e4.pnj
    284eba464c9fc85985d44a289ee97dd1b310044d.pnj6cffea5e87e1a45d40bb691906f145408b8487d2.pnj
    1. Heracles
    (hair "A" Cleese,
    meaning John of Monty Python
    with the silly walk)

2. Bunga Bunga
    (bung "A" repeated,
    with the barrel/drum source)

3. Faroe Islands
    (fare "O" isle ands)

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    360_F_455495984_nAgi5msfEihGmL6YTefOM6aWODU7wsFG.jpggolfers-yelling-586fc0985f9b584db310cd40.jpg
    51ULCJwnJaL.jpg
    MV5BMGMwZDNkMWYtZjkxNi00OGViLWJkNGQtMjEyMGNlNDgyZThhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXZ3ZXNsZXk@._V1_.jpg106878527-1620223837055-106748412-1602881184740-biden.jpgspade1.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=744
    edited June 5 Posts: 6,950
    Bump for mat...

Pesci Biden Dirt?
    Pesci Biden Joe?
    Pesci Joe Dirt?
    Joe Biden Dirt?
    Pesci Joe Joe?
    Joe Biden Joe?
    Joe Joe Dirt?
    Joe Joe Joe?

Bump for mat Joe Joe Joe?
    Bump for mat 3 Joes?

Can't figure it out! But if I do, I promise I'll let joe know.

Spud
    Ace
    Matt Joes Forever

mattjoes wrote: »
    Joe Biden Dirt?
    Ooh, I'm not touching that.

@mattjoes Your round for Bond Rebus if you like.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I must admit this breaks the limits of my vocabulary. Even by searching in online dictionaries, I don't find "spud" having anything to do with two fists, and not being a golfer, my idea of an "ace" is strictly a playing card. Even worse, I can't fathom what "Spud Ace Matt Joes Forever" is supposed to mean, especially in connection with Bond. And where does the "forever" come from? Someone please enlighten me, I'm feeling kind of stupid.
  • SimonSimon Keeping The British End Up...
    edited June 7 Posts: 138
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I must admit this breaks the limits of my vocabulary. Even by searching in online dictionaries, I don't find "spud" having anything to do with two fists, and not being a golfer, my idea of an "ace" is strictly a playing card. Even worse, I can't fathom what "Spud Ace Matt Joes Forever" is supposed to mean, especially in connection with Bond. And where does the "forever" come from? Someone please enlighten me, I'm feeling kind of stupid.

Am I missing some group effort sarcasm, but isn't it just a rebus reminder for the next person after the discussion went blank since December?

Bump
    Fore
    Mat
    Joe's

Bump for MattJoes
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Ah, thanks, that makes more sense. Although I couldn't have guessed "fore" either. Well, there are times when I like to use not being a native speaker as an excuse.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Great stuff, @Simon for deciphering that!

Calling @mattjoes.
    Bingo @Simon and welcome back to the forum!
    I didn't even realize it was my turn! Might have gotten confused since Q guessed the other rebus of the last batch. Let me see what I can come up with... (evil grin)
    Apologies for not being clear @mattjoes, but my reasoning was that you solved 2 of the 3 clues from @RichardTheBruce official round at the top of the page. My joke bump wasn't Bond related at all, so must not count!
    edited June 9 Posts: 6,950
    QBranch wrote: »
    Apologies for not being clear @mattjoes, but my reasoning was that you solved 2 of the 3 clues from @RichardTheBruce official round at the top of the page. My joke bump wasn't Bond related at all, so must not count!
    No problem!

mattjoes wrote: »
    Let me see what I can come up with... (evil grin)
    tumblr_m155yfH9tb1qcga5ro1_500.jpg
    Disclaimer: not a rebus, real one coming soon
    You want rebus? Have rebus.

pTSJpdO.jpg
    The last bit looks like a Venn diagram and Zed from Zardoz - Venn+Zed=Venz, which is Dolph Lundgren's character in AVTAK, but the rest is a total blank. Meow-Burt-Hiss-Fan? Purr-Bandit-Hiss-Comicon? Absolutely nothing :D
    edited June 23 Posts: 6,950
    Damn, I didn't even notice an attempt had been made.

You're right on some of those things. In fact, most of what you need to get the answer is already there.
    I win.
    Let's try:

whirr
    Bo
    eat the apple
    nerds eclipse weirdo
    edited June 26 Posts: 6,950
    Weirdo? I find this amusing and it makes me laugh. But clearly it's hint time:

1) He wasn't being entirely serious, but @Simon suggested two solutions. The first word of one solution is correct, while the second word of the other solution is also correct.
    2) Also, his knowledge of math has served him well.
    3) There is a slightly misleading quality to the last image. It tells the truth, but the truth is more plain than you might think. Not as plain as "weirdo", though.
    Comicon
    Venn diagram
    Sean Connery

So last 3 I am guessing is convention.

Of the two previous guesses and the fact one from each was right means its either Meow-Bandit or Purr-Burt, so I'm guessing the latter, but still cant think of anything to go with it.
    Your guesses are all correct. You are almost there.
    edited June 26 Posts: 8,834
    Plenty O'Toole's protest against the goons in the hotel room? (OK, I don't take any real credit for making this probably last connection, after not having had a clue before.)
    Well, nobody has explicitly given the answer, but clearly, the cat is out of the bag, because yes, it is a

Purr
    Burt (Reynolds)
    Ssssss
    Con
    Venn (diagram)
    Sean (Connery)

or a

Perverts' Convention.

I do think this victory should be shared between @Simon, who did much of the basic work, and @j_w_pepper, who arrived at the conclusion.

And @QBranch.

You fellas win a free ticket to your local perverts' convention (terms and conditions vary depending on your country of residence).

Whoever feels like offering another rebus, be my guest.
    I need to re-read page 1 for the rules of rebus I think - Purr-Burt as a 'sounds like' being valid is bringing back memories of Christmas Charades arguments of years gone by I would rather bury :D ;)

@Simon , seems like you're the person to come up with the next one...I'm afraid I can't twist my mind enough for this game :-).
    Okay good I wasn't involved in that one.

Congratulations all.

edited June 28 Posts: 138
    Ok, I'll give one a shot, but I'm terrible at gauging if this is too easy, or too obtuse, etc.

rebus.png

IN(diana)
    L(earner)

L(aces)
    ape
    r
    IZ

aaay
    (Nintendo) SP

SP(ectre)
    IT(aly)
    H(elicopter pad)
    aaay
    (Nintendo) SP
    I understood that, that's Asp right? Asp 9mm.