Project 007 - IO Interactive - The New James Bond Video Game

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 13,877
    BTW, wonder why they decided (and announced) that the game will be a origin story telling how Bond had his 007 before even had a Lead Game Designer, Producer and a Gameplay Director (since they search them)! I mean who decided that it will be a origin story since the peoples who should normaly decid it are not even already recruited? It's like doing thing in backward...
    David Wilson, no doubt.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    BTW, wonder why they decided (and announced) that the game will be a origin story telling how Bond had his 007 before even had a Lead Game Designer, Producer and a Gameplay Director (since they search them)! I mean who decided that it will be a origin story since the peoples who should normaly decid it are not even already recruited? It's like doing thing in backward...

That was probably part of their pitch to Eon. Who knows why they came up with it or who did in the end. "What's the timeline?" and "Is it connected to the films?" are two obvious questions Eon would either ask companies pitching for the licence or give instructions on before the pitch.

Plus, these vacancies are either quite technical or lower down the org chart. So a producers job, according to their job description is to make sure a "mission team" functions together. The Gamplay Director oversees the way game mechanics are built and function. None of those needs to have any input on story.

I imagine the game already has an Executive Producer/Game Director who has an vision for the game and now they are just looking for people to help carry that out.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    BTW, scrolling through the job listings on the IOI side, I saw that they are building a lead team (Exec Producer, Seniour Producers, Senior Multiplayer Network Programmer) for an unnanounced triple-A multiplayer project. So, eventhough this is clearly a seperate game at this point, they are creating multiplayer capacities in their engine..
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Risico007 wrote: »
    https://www.thegamer.com/project-007-bond-game-hopes-fears/ new article on the game nothing new just an opinion peice its getting a tonm of traction this might beat Goldeneye if done right

I’d sort of feel like it should beat GoldenEye. It was a great game for its time, but I think one of the reasons that it’s continually loved is because everything after it has been junk, for the most part. GoldenEye was a great game but it’s a low bar.

GoldenEye is both a blessing and a curse. It was a revolutionary first person shooter transcending beyond just the Bond licence, but of course the success seemed destined to plague the continued Bond franchise to either attempt cash-ins or uninspired, formulaic rip-offs. That's why I genuinely feel that Blood Stone, EON, and FRWL are the best Bond experiences beyond GoldenEye since they give us something different.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 847
    QBranch wrote: »
    David Wilson, no doubt.

Who is it? Maybe, I hope they have already some people who did a preparatory job or had established a plan, but I don't know, it's feel odd that this kind of story decision/vison (that will some influence in the gameplay I guess), have been taken before all the keys peoples are in place.

In anycase one of the post who will have a big responsibility will be the people who will work on the A.I. of the game. When you see that the most recent AAA stealth game like Sekiro, AC, Mafia remake and Watch Dogs 3 have all catastrophic/shamefull A.I. added to bad/aging stealth mecanics, and that AI haven't really change since Half-Life 1 : they have a big work to do because player will wait them at the corner...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 13,877
    Michael G Wilson's son, David, was executive producer on the last 4 games. I would assume he has had a say, regarding the game being an origin story.
    Oh yeah, I forgot him. Thank to you
  • Ryan wrote: »
    https://www.thegamer.com/project-007-bond-game-hopes-fears/ new article on the game nothing new just an opinion peice its getting a tonm of traction this might beat Goldeneye if done right

I’d sort of feel like it should beat GoldenEye. It was a great game for its time, but I think one of the reasons that it’s continually loved is because everything after it has been junk, for the most part. GoldenEye was a great game but it’s a low bar.

GoldenEye is both a blessing and a curse. It was a revolutionary first person shooter transcending beyond just the Bond licence, but of course the success seemed destined to plague the continued Bond franchise to either attempt cash-ins or uninspired, formulaic rip-offs. That's why I genuinely feel that Blood Stone, EON, and FRWL are the best Bond experiences beyond GoldenEye since they give us something different.

Personally I’d replace Blood Stone and EON with Agent Under Fire, and Nightfire. Both those games managed to do their own interesting storylines and gameplay elements without feeling like Goldeneye. Not to mention I still play both of those games more than any other Bond game. I’ll give you FRWL though, that one is in my top 3 Bond Games.
    I love all the bond games will do a list eventually in terms of ranking them
  • New Hitman trailer...........soon to be Bond.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not really getting a "dark" vibe from any of this gameplay, which IO promised more of to round out the trilogy. Digging the new outfits and guns, though. I'm sure I'll still manage to check it out on day one.
    it is looking cool looking forward to more on bond
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    it is looking cool looking forward to more on bond

Agreed! Maybe excitement over this (these) new game (games) can replace the excitement over new Bond content from Dynamite.
    Stark wrote: »

hey Jill make a good bond game lol
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well that's wonderful! How on earth did they make that? :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_in_video_games#IO_Interactive_era_(2020%E2%80%93present) minor thing but IO interactive now has its own section in james bond in games.
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/31/io-interactive-on-walking-away-from-the-hitman-series

New article on the project nothing earth shattering but still every time we get a new article I will be posting it here
    With Hitman coming out in VR I only hope they include a VR level for Bond.
    I'm sure it's still a long ways out but I can't wait to get our first look at this one.

In the meantime, I will say I am looking forward to Hitman 3 in nearly two weeks. Trying to lessen my expectations since it seems like more of Hitman 2, which I wasn't terribly crazy about, but it should be a blast still.
  • I still have to play the Hitman games. My issue is I only play games that are based on franchises I love, so I’m constantly playing either a Bond game, a Batman game, or a Star Wars game. I guess I have to expand my tastes...
    I still have to play the Hitman games. My issue is I only play games that are based on franchises I love, so I’m constantly playing either a Bond game, a Batman game, or a Star Wars game. I guess I have to expand my tastes...

Can't hurt to give it a shot! Lots of other incredible franchises out there to dive into.
  • I still have to play the Hitman games. My issue is I only play games that are based on franchises I love, so I’m constantly playing either a Bond game, a Batman game, or a Star Wars game. I guess I have to expand my tastes...
    If it helps, there’s a ton of Bond DNA in these Hitman games already
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    I still have to play the Hitman games. My issue is I only play games that are based on franchises I love, so I’m constantly playing either a Bond game, a Batman game, or a Star Wars game. I guess I have to expand my tastes...

Can't hurt to give it a shot! Lots of other incredible franchises out there to dive into.

Thanks! I’ll try and expand a bit
    If it helps, there’s a ton of Bond DNA in these Hitman games already

So I’ve heard, I’ll have to try and play some of these games in the lead up to Project 007 (BTW Welcome to the forum!)
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited January 2021 Posts: 524
    A new interview with the bosses of IO Interactive, mostly about ending the Hitman franchise, but they touch on Project 007 as well. It gives a good insight in how the studio came to be and what their ambitions are.
    About Bond specifically, co-owner Christian Elverdam mentions being "curious and hungry, creatively" when exploring the future of Bond (in gaming). Which makes it sound like they have a certain freedom.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/31/io-interactive-on-walking-away-from-the-hitman-series
    If this game is any good when it comes out? I may have to buy a new console? Which i have not done in years!!! :))
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    If this game is any good when it comes out? I may have to buy a new console? Which i have not done in years!!! :))

same here but I have to get a new console anyays for Gotham Knights
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I'm a regular enough gamer that I usually can't resist the hype around new consoles, so I bought the Series S at launch. Even though I don't expect this game any earlier than mid to late 2022 I am prepared!