The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I really thought that was it. Good round so far!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I really thought that was it. Good round so far!
    So far, everyone's reasoning is sound.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    NTTD? PTS and some screens on the island? Maybe Primo?
    @goldenswissroyale Sorry mate, still not it.

Loving the amount of excellent guesses here, and yet no one has the correct one in their pocket!

Here are the pics again (incorrect answers at the bottom)

52208413856_822fffc65e.jpg
    52207404447_6dd40255d6_o.png

GE
    QOS
    SF
    SP
    NTTD
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Damn! Well, if it isn't any of those, it's gotta be Mitchell.

No, wait, it's gotta be DAD. It's Bond walking through Havana, and Bond in the greenhouse.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 13,928
    @mattjoes My friend, you are cleverer than you look. You certainly have your finger on the pulse.

In pic #2, Bond is indeed walking through Havana on his way to see Raoul, but as for the first pic:
    Sorry, this house ain't green!

Maybe it's time to add a clue- that is, unless I've already been dropping them left right and centre! 😂
    Bond in Hong Kong coma room.

No cigar, finger on the pulse... all these clues and Lee Tamahori couldn't figure out the answer from the start. Tut tut, shame on him.
    @mattjoes Still not it, mate. But I'm glad to see that Tamahori's influence is reallee resonating with you.
    No? Then uhhh, let me think...

BgKJ8dj.jpg

I don't know. Maybe the Korean situation room where Maik G. Wilz cameos as a general? But I don't remember if Bond was there. I guess I need to see DAD again.

Or Q's lab, or M's office, or the Korean prison, or Blades, or Iceland...
    It's a guess overload there! Careful, you might break something!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I guess I need to see DAD again.
    Sorry mate, that guess is incorrect. In fact, you are waaay off! :P
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    So obviously we figured out Bond walking past a few people in Havanna in DAD for the second image. Now you want us to name a different character that is visible in that scene, but is not Bond, and is in the first picture. And watching DAD again for the first picture would be waaay off?

So is it the girl in the red dress watching Bond, or the policeman, or old man walking past?

Too hard, I quit.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    I'm not feeling the love for this one either, if I'm honest.
    Maybe Bond himself? Maybe these screens are visible in the scene with Falco before the cgi plane action begins?
    If it's not Bond or MGW, it's some miscellaneous extra that's in both shots, whatever they are. This one seems a bit too convoluted without rewatching and scanning in detail (unless we're way off mark somehow and it's a character we aren't realizing).
    I bet the answer is Mitchell.

zebrafish wrote: »
    And watching DAD again for the first picture would be waaay off?
    Maybe that means I've already named the answer. Q's Lab?
    I'll wrap this game up and announce the winner when I get home. I won't be accepting any more guesses now.
    I guess I need to see DAD again.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Sorry mate, that guess is incorrect. In fact, you are waaay off! :P
    Alright chaps, it's clear to me that my little poke at DAD above was misinterpreted as part of the game, when I was in fact informing @mattjoes that him guessing he should watch an unpopular film is not a good guess (hence the words 'I guess' highlighted in bold letters).

Sincerest apologies for the confusion, I sometimes forget that my style of humour can be a little too obscure or complex for others to comprehend. In future I shall choose my witticisms more carefully, and likewise, it would be great if others can allow a man the chance to explain his actions before spitting the dummy or prematurely throwing in the towel. It is, after all, just a game.

I claimed both images are from the same film; I confirmed DAD's Havana as image #2 - I am not renowned for changing my mind nor the rules mid-way through a game.

@mattjoes correctly ID'd image #2 as Bond walking through Havana. @mattjoes also gave multiple guesses in one post - a move I would think disqualifies it in fairness of others. But since the correct answer for image #1 was mentioned in there (Q's lab), and I have unintentionally ruined what was previously a great round, I'm going to wrap this one up and give the game to @mattjoes.
    Maybe that means I've already named the answer. Q's Lab?
    Very good.

Here are the full images:
    52207404757_1174418bdc_o.png
    52208433798_1a4656d79a_o.png

A clue or two that were right in front of you - some subtle; some not so much:
    good on ya for havin a guess!
    havin a? havina? havana? Eh.
    Great attempts so far, but no cigar, folks - these guesses do not ring true!
    Cigar = Cuba; Ring = single digit sonic agitator ring
    So far, everyone's reasoning is sound
    The sonic agitator ring works on sound vibration.
    Loving the amount of excellent guesses here, and yet no one has the correct one in their pocket!
    Q puts the ring in Bond's pocket.
    My friend, you are cleverer than you look. You certainly have your finger on the pulse.
    A line of dialogue from Bond; the sonic agitator ring creates a pulse, breaking the glass.
    I'm glad to see that Tamahori's influence is reallee resonating with you.
    The sonic agitator ring works on sound vibration.
    Careful, you might break something!
    Break some glass, perhaps?

Thanks to everyone for their contributions, @mattjoes the game is yours, buddy.
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 7,500
    That was actually a great round, @QBranch! You'll have to excuse us. Not being Australian, we sometimes find your sense of humor a little hard to follow. ;)
    I would prefer it if we stick to one frame but @QBranch is great when it comes to hidden clues in his comments =D>
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So Bond is the recurring character? I’m a bit confused :D
    Thanks, guys. I was surprised at how many scenes from across the series lined up with those images. Some really good reasoning from everyone there. The 'two-frame game' was a little experiment that, IMO, proved successful. However, if I wished to try it again, I could put in a request first to check that everyone's on board.

Looking forward to what @mattjoes has in store for us!
    This was a fun game, @QBranch. That "finger on the pulse" clue made me think of Bond in a coma rather than the ring.

I'll find a quarter of a frame.
    This was a fun game, @QBranch. That "finger on the pulse" clue made me think of Bond in a coma rather than the ring.
    I noticed that. You were so close, yet so Far East.
    Okay, ladies and gentlemen, we're back. Me and my Quarter Frame team have been working tirelessly for the last 24 hours, looking at every frame of every Bond film ever made, trying to find just the right one to continue the game.

Here's a photo taken by myself of my Quarter Frame team as they look at some reference documents:

archives-icrc.jpg

And now we've got a frame. This is the first time I host this game, so apologies if it's too easy, or too hard. I suppose clues might be provided if the situation gets desperate.

Here we go.

aLVWJW5.png

Sorry, that's not it. I meant this one.

09L3QXq.png

Have fun, and remember, it's the Quarter Frame game, so you only need to use one quarter of your brain power.
    YOLT, Bond and Kissy in the cave?
    A good idea, but that's not it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Is it part of the tunnel that Loque / Bond travels through in FYEO?
    Bond and Camille in the sinkhole?
    No and no.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 1,172
    Piz Gloria ice tunnel that a goon is frazzled in?