NEW 2021 UPDATES ON 'Quick Big Mi6 Bond Ranking Game': JOIN IN, FOLKS!

GoldenGunGoldenGun Defender of Timothy Dalton, George Lazenby, Éric Serra & Bill Conti!
edited March 25 in Trivia & Games Posts: 5,440
Now that we're all pretty much restricted to life indoors, I thought it would be nice to do some sort of ranking game.

If this sparks little interest or if the moderators don't feel that this adds something interesting to the forums, feel free to lock the thread.

That being said, I think it would be nice to put everyone's current ranking together, with points being awarded to each placement in everyone's ranking.

For instance,
1st place (favourite Bond film) = 10 pts
2nd place = 9 pts
3rd place = 9 pts
4th place = 8 pts
5th place = 8 pts
6th place = 7 pts
7th place = 7 pts
8th place = 7 pts
9th place = 7 pts
10th place = 7 pts
11th place = 6 pts
12th place = 6 pts
13th place = 5 pts
14th place = 5 pts
15th place = 5 pts
16th place = 4 pts
17th place = 4 pts
18th place = 4 pts
19th place = 3 pts
20th place = 3 pts
21st place = 2 pts
22nd place = 2 pts
23rd place = 2 pts
24th place = 2 pts
25th place (least favourite Bond film) = 1 pt

We determine a starting time and a deadline (say a week or so) and in between members can PM me their list. Afterwards I'll tally them up and then I'll reveal the final results film by film, starting at the bottom. All EON films + NSNA are eligible. If NSNA doesn't feature in your ranking I will put it automatically in last place.

So who's up for this?
«13456725

Comments

  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Hotel Kali-Yuga
    Posts: 40,819
    Sure, why not? With the other thread over, could be interesting to compare, as this one is different.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Posts: 2,774
    I'm all in.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Defender of Timothy Dalton, George Lazenby, Éric Serra & Bill Conti!
    Posts: 5,440
    I'd love to do this folks, but I suppose I should find at least 50 members who'd like to send in their rankings. At first sight, that seems unlikely. Unfortunately.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 19,368
    I'd love to participate.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Posts: 2,345
    If you need me I’ll chip in
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Hotel Kali-Yuga
    Posts: 40,819
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    I'd love to do this folks, but I suppose I should find at least 50 members who'd like to send in their rankings. At first sight, that seems unlikely. Unfortunately.

    Want to try again?
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Defender of Timothy Dalton, George Lazenby, Éric Serra & Bill Conti!
    edited March 22 Posts: 5,440
    Definitely.
    If enough people want to have a go, I'd love to do it.
  • Posts: 3,135
    Count me in!
  • I’d love to join in.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,552
    Up for this!
  • BennyBenny ...OctobennyAdministrator, Moderator
    Posts: 11,719
    Count me in @GoldenGun
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Posts: 4,320
    Yes, let's give this a crack.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 19,368
    I'm in too.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,256
    Count me in.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Posts: 4,320
    Question, is the 25th film in anticipation of NTTD or are we including NSNA?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,256
    royale65 wrote: »
    Question, is the 25th film in anticipation of NTTD or are we including NSNA?

    Yes, the opening post states that it's the first official 24 films + NSNA, and that if you don't include NSNA in your ranking, it will be automatically placed as your least favorite.

    Probably a great time to do this now, so we could run it again in a year or two after we've all had time to see NTTD and let it settle out of that honeymoon phase, when it's easier to rank.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Posts: 2,774
    It will be a pleasure to participate.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Posts: 4,320
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    royale65 wrote: »
    Question, is the 25th film in anticipation of NTTD or are we including NSNA?

    Yes, the opening post states that it's the first official 24 films + NSNA, and that if you don't include NSNA in your ranking, it will be automatically placed as your least favorite.

    Probably a great time to do this now, so we could run it again in a year or two after we've all had time to see NTTD and let it settle out of that honeymoon phase, when it's easier to rank.

    Cheers @Creasy47
  • Posts: 643
    Definitely in!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Defender of Timothy Dalton, George Lazenby, Éric Serra & Bill Conti!
    edited March 23 Posts: 5,440
    Well thanks for the enthusiasm folks! I'll give other members the chance to subscribe until Friday so voting can start on Saturday.

    Thanks also to @Thunderfinger for breathing new life into this!

    And cheers @Creasy47 for clarifying NSNA's situation.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Posts: 251
    I’m in!
  • I’m game as well
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Defender of Timothy Dalton, George Lazenby, Éric Serra & Bill Conti!
    edited March 25 Posts: 5,440
    We are 15 at the moment (presuming those who were prepared to participate last year feel the same way today) :

    @Thunderfinger @goldenswissroyale @DarthDimi @Max_The_Parrot @Mathis1 @Klaus_Doberman @Agent_99 @Benny @royale65 @Creasy47 @GeneralGogol @Junglist_1985 @SomethingThatAteHim @zebrafish @Slazenger7

    Still hope to make 20 by the end of the week. Fingers crossed. If not, I'll still going to go ahead anyway :)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Posts: 3,214
    Please count me in!
  • Slazenger7Slazenger7 Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts: 745
    I’m in too!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Defender of Timothy Dalton, George Lazenby, Éric Serra & Bill Conti!
    Posts: 5,440
    Added to the roster ;)
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Posts: 7,139
    I'll play along.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Hotel Kali-Yuga
    Posts: 40,819
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    We are 15 at the moment (presuming those who were prepared to participate last year feel the same way today) :

    @Thunderfinger @goldenswissroyale @DarthDimi @Max_The_Parrot @Mathis1 @Klaus_Doberman @Agent_99 @Benny @royale65 @Creasy47 @GeneralGogol @Junglist_1985 @SomethingThatAteHim @zebrafish @Slazenger7

    Still hope to make 20 by the end of the week. Fingers crossed. If not, I'll still going to go ahead anyway :)

    People don t always check the content of new threads. You could always advertise elsewhere to get more attention, for instance in the two ranking threads, and the free chat thread.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,246
    I find it difficult to rank the films these days, but you need to know I'm on the team, Felix.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 25 Posts: 19,368
    I'll help you, @GoldenGun. I have officially announced this thread and given the title some fireworks.
Sign In or Register to comment.