NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,399
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    DJCLE84 wrote: »
    Did anyone see Brie Larson tweet out about the trailer?

I'm not surprised to see so many babies crying on twitter that Lashana seems rude and disrispectful in the trailer.

Her character is a feisty, tough assassin. It's her job to kill on the orders for her government. She isn't supposed to be nice.

Plus her character is far from unique. Her dialogue could have been said by Anya in TSWM, Holly in MR, Pam in LTK, Wai Lin in TND, Jinx in DAD, etc.

Why is Nomi getting picked on so much more?

A. Dude-Bros who are sexist.
    B. Dude-Bros who are racist.
    C. Dude-Bros who feel their maleness is being aggressively marginalized in main stream media.
    D. Some combination of any of the above.
    E. or All of the Above..

our society has become a cynical, knee-jerk, reactionary, guilty until proven innocent society.. the littlest thing, taken out of context, all of sudden becomes a beacon.. the internet can be great - but it's also an empowering tool for apathy and ignorance.

i have had a lot of interaction with people who seem legit confused and angry about Lashawna Lynch as the new 007.. some are friends, some complete strangers...

half are ignorant to what it really means - those people believe that when she was cast, she was actually cast as a female James Bond, because they can't and/or don't disassociate the 00 number from the person.. they just simply arent educated enough to know that there have been multiple 00 agents over the years, and even James Bond wasn't the first 007 - the one before him was killed, and Bond was promoted into that slot.. i've tried educating these types of people the best i can, because they dont know any better..

but there is the other half... these are the ones that know the difference, but simply don't like the fact that it's a woman in the role.. had those same lines and same attitude been coming from someone like Channing Tatum - a lot of these Dude-Bros wouldn't care, in fact they'd probably love it.. but the fact that it's a woman, somehow makes it bad, and a terrible idea.. too them it's agenda pushing METOO and they just aren't simply going to take another "woke" movie.. just read through some of the youtube comments, it's a festering slime pool of bigotry..

This is why I said they better come up with a great marketing plan because most people think 007 and Bond are tied.

if you notice in the trailer, when Bond asks Lynch is she is a Double-O, and she responds "2 years".. it sounds a bit clipped when Craig asks her, like maybe they cut out him asking her if she is "the new 007".... if thats true, then they are avoiding the subject all together and will just let people deal with it when they see it in the movie, in proper context..... i'm actually shocked they just simply didnt introduce her as just "a double-o agent" to begin with and let the surprise happen when seeing the movie... unless they just wanted to get it out there in the open right off the bat, in a "here it is, deal with it" manner..
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

I'm not surprised to see so many babies crying on twitter that Lashana seems rude and disrispectful in the trailer.

Her character is a feisty, tough assassin. It's her job to kill on the orders for her government. She isn't supposed to be nice.

Plus her character is far from unique. Her dialogue could have been said by Anya in TSWM, Holly in MR, Pam in LTK, Wai Lin in TND, Jinx in DAD, etc.

C. Dude-Bros who feel their maleness is being aggressively marginalized in main stream media.
    E. or All of the Above..

our society has become a cynical, knee-jerk, reactionary, guilty until proven innocent society.. the littlest thing, taken out of context, all of sudden becomes a beacon.. the internet can be great - but it's also an empowering tool for apathy and ignorance.

i have had a lot of interaction with people who seem legit confused and angry about Lashawna Lynch as the new 007.. some are friends, some complete strangers...

half are ignorant to what it really means - those people believe that when she was cast, she was actually cast as a female James Bond, because they can't and/or don't disassociate the 00 number from the person.. they just simply arent educated enough to know that there have been multiple 00 agents over the years, and even James Bond wasn't the first 007 - the one before him was killed, and Bond was promoted into that slot.. i've tried educating these types of people the best i can, because they dont know any better..

but there is the other half... these are the ones that know the difference, but simply don't like the fact that it's a woman in the role.. had those same lines and same attitude been coming from someone like Channing Tatum - a lot of these Dude-Bros wouldn't care, in fact they'd probably love it.. but the fact that it's a woman, somehow makes it bad, and a terrible idea.. too them it's agenda pushing METOO and they just aren't simply going to take another "woke" movie.. just read through some of the youtube comments, it's a festering slime pool of bigotry..

What Irony, virtually this entire post is festering bigotry. Lol.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    talos7 wrote: »

E. or All of the Above..

What Irony, virtually this entire post is festering bigotry. Lol.

how so? because i have no real respect for those that don't show at least an ounce of common sense and tolerance or restraint? those that go out of their way to personally insult and attack actors/actresses on social media because they don't like "being woke" - so their actions are perfectly justifiable, and i need to respect that??... if thats festering bigotry on my end :-? .. then so be it.
    There you go, once again proving my point by placing labels on those who don’t favor an actor or character. Look in the mirror, that’s what a prejudiced individual looks like.
    There you go, once again proving my point by placing labels on those who don’t favor an actor or character. Look in the mirror, that’s what a prejudiced individual looks like.

if you got a LEGIT gripe based on what you believe to be said actor/actress' ability to act and perform - then thats a fair a valid argument you present, and it deserves to be heard and given respect..

simply going "i dont like it because (she's a woman) or (she's black)." yeah, sorry, thats not a argument or an opinion that deserves respect, and i'll call it what it is....

and yeah, i made a tounge-in-cheek broad assumption based on the countless amounts of crap and generally mean spirited people i've conversed with since Lashawna's casting - because thats wut the vast majority of those interactions were based around, so even though it was a bit of sarcasm on my part, it's rooted in some truth...
    So someone can fully embrace strong women in films and find countless black women attractive, sexy smart and capable, but because they don’t see those qualities in Lynch they’re racist, misogynistic knuckle draggers? One of the things that I enjoy about Bond films is attractive women; I don’t find Lynch particularly attractive; I live in a city that is 70% black; every day I see beautiful black women. It’s not about color.

When it comes to strong women in film, Sigourney Weaver is one of my all time favorite actresses; she’s played strong women throughout her career with Ellen Ripley being the strongest. I don’t remember a bit of backlash or misogyny when either Alien or Aliens came out . She took charge, kicked ass and nobody batted an eye.

I’m sure there are racist and misogynist out there who who don’t care for Lynch because of her skin color or because she’s a woman portraying a strong character, but it’s mistake to paint with a broad brush and imply that any , or the majority who don’t find her appealing or care for what we’ve seen of her character at this point, are guided by the same motivations.
    So someone can fully embrace strong women in films and find countless black women attractive, sexy smart and capable, but because they don’t see those qualities in Lynch they’re racist, misogynistic knuckle draggers? One of the things that I enjoy about Bond films is attractive women; I don’t find Lynch particularly attractive; I live in a city that is 70% black; every day I see beautiful black women. It’s not about color.

i don't believe i ever said those exact words - you're infering.. i never said if you don't find her attractive, you are a racist.. there are plenty of women of various ethnicities that i find attractive and unattractive - and i certainly don't use whether or not i am sexually attracted to them to determine their worth as a person either.. i dont find Leslie Jones attractive, but, i think she's funny and a decent actress.. i also think Lupita N'Yongo (butchered spelling i know) stunning and gorgeous along with being a gifted and talented actress.. Haley Berry - gorgeous - but i think she's a lousy actress... so if you don't find Lashawna attractive, ok - you don't - thats not what i was saying.. what i was saying is that if your problem with her boils down to her skin color, and you use that as ammunition against her casting, then there's an issue...
    When it comes to strong women in film, Sigourney Weaver is one of my all time favorite actresses; she’s played strong women throughout her career with Ellen Ripley being the strongest. I don’t remember a bit of backlash or misogyny when either Alien or Aliens came out . She took charge, kicked ass and nobody batted an eye.

no.. because she was a really well written character that you could believe.. same thing with Linda Hamilton as Sarah Conner.... the difference here though is, people are already talking and basing their opinions on Lynch as if they have already seen the movie - which to my knowledge still has another 5 months (roughly) until it's released... now, obviously, people make assumptions and guesses on tone and direction based on what they have seen before (thats how we beget stereotypes) "based on what i know and what i have seen, i feel like this is where this is going, and i like/don't like it."... again, fine... but from what i see, people are just willing to write off a character/movie now simply because they feel like a movie is "shoving an agenda".. - "Lashawna Lynch is playing a black female 007 - this movie is obviously pushing a female empowerment agenda, they are ruining James Bond!" - i've heard and read these exact words hundreds of times.. now i will say this - if it feels cheap and heavy handed and insulting, and gimmicky - meaning its done to simply try and appeal to a cetain demographic to sell tickets - then thats open for valid discussion - because i've gone on numerous rants about Ghostbusters 2016 for doing the same thing.. it had nothing to do with the women in the movie, more about the reason Why... so, if you feel like EON are stuffing 'METOO' into NTTD in a cheap, gimmicky way just in order to push an agenda and try and sell tickets.. ok, lets talk...
    I’m sure there are racist and misogynist out there who who don’t care for Lynch because of her skin color or because she’s a woman portraying a strong character, but it’s mistake to paint with a broad brush and imply that any , or the majority who don’t find her appealing or care for what we’ve seen of her character at this point, are guided by the same motivations.

and you're right, it was wrong to use a broad brush, even in a sarcastic way - again, because of the piles of disgusting crap i've had to the displeasure of reading through.. so if that struck a nerve, i am sorry... i am not trying to piss anyone off - i just reflected what i've seen as reasons why some prematurely reject her character, and i find it disturbing.. i didn't intend to mean "all who don't like her, feel this exact way.".. i'm sorry.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Contraband wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Penpen wrote: »
    The scene with stunt bike rider Paul E. jumping over the wall, was that shot with IMAX-cameras in any way? In the trailer they only showed it from the drone's view.
    Definitely some imax cameras used on it, it's an IMAX sequence. The drone may even have been digital rather than 35mm.
    Isn´t 35mm equipment heavy? I have difficulty imagining using a drone with a 35mm camera.

Just read an random article about drones with IMAX-cameras on. Plus I got pics and video of the drone they used, and it's a big ass drone.

No film drone can carry IMAX film (!) camera. Only IMAX digital cameras that are much less heavy and smaller. Photos we have with drone in NTTD, as for me, indicate that they use 35mm camera. It was definitely 35 mm camera for London filming.

@Pavlo Thanks for the info. The actual drone on set:

hBGFriV.jpg
    9BGLcsq.jpg
    Cool. What a huge mf.

i don't believe i ever said those exact words - you're infering.. i never said if you don't find her attractive, you are a racist.. there are plenty of women of various ethnicities that i find attractive and unattractive - and i certainly don't use whether or not i am sexually attracted to them to determine their worth as a person either.. i dont find Leslie Jones attractive, but, i think she's funny and a decent actress.. i also think Lupita N'Yongo (butchered spelling i know) stunning and gorgeous along with being a gifted and talented actress.. Haley Berry - gorgeous - but i think she's a lousy actress... so if you don't find Lashawna attractive, ok - you don't - thats not what i was saying.. what i was saying is that if your problem with her boils down to her skin color, and you use that as ammunition against her casting, then there's an issue...

no.. because she was a really well written character that you could believe.. same thing with Linda Hamilton as Sarah Conner.... the difference here though is, people are already talking and basing their opinions on Lynch as if they have already seen the movie - which to my knowledge still has another 5 months (roughly) until it's released... now, obviously, people make assumptions and guesses on tone and direction based on what they have seen before (thats how we beget stereotypes) "based on what i know and what i have seen, i feel like this is where this is going, and i like/don't like it."... again, fine... but from what i see, people are just willing to write off a character/movie now simply because they feel like a movie is "shoving an agenda".. - "Lashawna Lynch is playing a black female 007 - this movie is obviously pushing a female empowerment agenda, they are ruining James Bond!" - i've heard and read these exact words hundreds of times.. now i will say this - if it feels cheap and heavy handed and insulting, and gimmicky - meaning its done to simply try and appeal to a cetain demographic to sell tickets - then thats open for valid discussion - because i've gone on numerous rants about Ghostbusters 2016 for doing the same thing.. it had nothing to do with the women in the movie, more about the reason Why... so, if you feel like EON are stuffing 'METOO' into NTTD in a cheap, gimmicky way just in order to push an agenda and try and sell tickets.. ok, lets talk...

and you're right, it was wrong to use a broad brush, even in a sarcastic way - again, because of the piles of disgusting crap i've had to the displeasure of reading through.. so if that struck a nerve, i am sorry... i am not trying to piss anyone off - i just reflected what i've seen as reasons why some prematurely reject her character, and i find it disturbing.. i didn't intend to mean "all who don't like her, feel this exact way.".. i'm sorry.
    Can we maybe just say that some people don´t like Lashana Lynch because she´s black/female, and some people don´t like her because of her performance in the bits of the trailer?
    Many times in this discussion it is argued that people don´t like Lynch because she´s a strong woman. I find it problematic if a woman is deemed tough or strong based how much she acts like a man. The Craig era is incredibly devoted to showing what a soft core lies underneath Bond´s hard shell, and a Bond standing with sheltering arms in front of his chest before Blofeld only corroborates this. So if now a female agent comes across like the young Bond did at the beginning of CR, and even more arrogant, my first thoughts are, "endocrine dysbalance. She´s taking male hormons."

Mind you, I am in this post talking purely based on the small bits I gathered from the trailer. It is entirely possible that the full film will give a totally different impression.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Pavlo wrote: »
    Penpen wrote: »
    The scene with stunt bike rider Paul E. jumping over the wall, was that shot with IMAX-cameras in any way? In the trailer they only showed it from the drone's view.
    Definitely some imax cameras used on it, it's an IMAX sequence. The drone may even have been digital rather than 35mm.
    Isn´t 35mm equipment heavy? I have difficulty imagining using a drone with a 35mm camera.

Just read an random article about drones with IMAX-cameras on. Plus I got pics and video of the drone they used, and it's a big ass drone.

No film drone can carry IMAX film (!) camera. Only IMAX digital cameras that are much less heavy and smaller. Photos we have with drone in NTTD, as for me, indicate that they use 35mm camera. It was definitely 35 mm camera for London filming.

@Pavlo Thanks for the info. The actual drone on set:

hBGFriV.jpg
    9BGLcsq.jpg
    Cool. What a huge mf.

Can we maybe just say that some people don´t like Lashana Lynch because she´s black/female, and some people don´t like her because of her performance in the bits of the trailer?
    Many times in this discussion it is argued that people don´t like Lynch because she´s a strong woman. I find it problematic if a woman is deemed tough or strong based how much she acts like a man. The Craig era is incredibly devoted to showing what a soft core lies underneath Bond´s hard shell, and a Bond standing with sheltering arms in front of his chest before Blofeld only corroborates this. So if now a female agent comes across like the young Bond did at the beginning of CR, and even more arrogant, my first thoughts are, "endocrine dysbalance. She´s taking male hormons."

Mind you, I am in this post talking purely based on the small bits I gathered from the trailer. It is entirely possible that the full film will give a totally different impression.

Some of us seem to assume that Bond will be a secondary character.

And again: no other Bondmovie has been nitpicked and speculated to death like NTTD...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    @boldfinger Somewhere in my archive I have a still on an even bigger drone. Took three guys to move it around on the ground. Also in Matera.
    What if I don't like Nomi because I don't like seeing other 00s on screen? And I don't like it as much as I don't like the Scooby gang approach to Mi6. And yes, 006 was sort of an exception because he drove the plot, but even then I didn't particularly like it that we'd know who other 00s are. You see I like it that they're secret agents, and that we only know our Mr. James Bond. The number 7. So I will never like this "meet the 00s", let's put a hearing device on Bond's hear, commando team, 24-kinda approach.

Ya know, that's a thing.
    @boldfinger Somewhere in my archive I have a still on an even bigger drone. Took three guys to move it around on the ground. Also in Matera.
    @Contraband, if you should stumble upon it, don´t hesitate to post a pic :-)!
  • I like this "yes but that was an exception" approach that I read here a lot whenever it suits someone's argument.

Again: So far we have seen 5sec of Lynch's character and 2 sentences.
    What if she actually drives the plot? Is this now bad ("we don't want people to steal the show from Bond") or is it positive ("with 006 it was an exception because he drove the plot")

Why did we never have the same discussion about Felix, a character that apparently everyone wants back all the time, and even more so since Wright is playing him in a was that is... eh... not too different from what we see from Lynch in the trailer?

Why does everyone want a strong Femme Fetale or Henchwomen like Xenia, yet when another interesting side character shows up in the form of a woman, it is a No Go?

I just hope that she written well and she plays the role well. So far I really like her knee comment, and I am hoping for more interesting banter with Bond
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    And then, some people will bitch about "but it's not de serious Craig Bondings".
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    And then, some people will bitch about "but it's not de serious Craig Bondings".

4b3d8101-ee9b-4b4d-986f-04fd19a937b2_text_hi.gif
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    @Contraband, if you should stumble upon it, don´t hesitate to post a pic :-)!

Will do.
  • Contraband wrote: »
    In the trailer during the car chase in Scotland along the banks with the beige land cruise and land rover, the rover flips over and lands hard. In the background there's a beautiful lake and mountains.

But is that really the real location background. As far as I know we have never seen the lake from the cars point of view during filming, right? They done some CGI of course, deleting the crew camp/people and fixed the landing spot of the car but the background.. Added later??

Or has this already been discussed?

ZdaleyQ.jpg

It may take place just in front Adverkirie Castle in Scotland.
    Yet the background may have been digitally replaced - a common practice nowadays.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/adverkirie+estate+Scotland+maps/@56.9551154,-4.4600174,634m/data=!3m1!1e3
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited December 2019 Posts: 467
    I'll just add that, if it had been a male white agent who had made the remark about the knee to Bond in the trailer, we wouldn't have the same reaction from a few people. It would have been regarded as the requisite "boys will be be boys" banter, not something shocking. We've had that in countless buddy movies where two guys who can't stand each other begrudgingly work together.
    With a black woman instead, it's either a threat by some angry bitch who doesn't know her place, the result of affirmative action, or something edgy and transgressive. Actually, if she's been 00 for two years, Nomi has already killed people and she's supposedly more than able to defend herself against any serious threat. Just like James Bond. She's allowed to make puns.

And yet, we don't have any clue about Nomi's role in the script. We don't have any context. We just have something like five seconds. After all, Nomi could be the agent Bond is supposed to mentor, causing them to have more a father-daughter dynamic than a will they-won't they, given Bond's womanizing ways. It would emphasize a newly found balance and maturity that will allow him to commit finally to a woman he loves and who's more in his age range.

Finally, people will pay to see a Bond movie. They don't ask the cashier a ticket for the 007 movie.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Couldn't agree more, @HildebrandRarity. Well said.

Thing is, I hate, absolutely hate buddy movies. And I hate it when other 00s appear in a Bond film, with the exception of that reunion table in TB.

But I'm sure NTTD will be awesome on its own right, and not a buddy movie or a M:i rip off.
  • I think it only really becomes a problem when the studio push out "hey we've got a woman leading the film". That's what Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, and Terminator Dark Fate did and they all did very well at the box-office except the latter. However, all those films received backlash because they made a big deal that females were a big part of the film, and unfortunately Brie Larson got a lot of criticism. NTTD I feel hasn't really raised that issue as prominently (yet), other than Ana & Lashana saying the same thing that every Bond girl has said the last 50 years.
  • Sorry to steer the conversation away from heavier topics, but I've been trying to discern from the trailer what action will be in this movie. I'm really only seeing two setpieces - the car/motorcycle chase throughout Matera and a car/Land Rover chase in Scotland (possibly doubling for Norway?). Is the helicopter involved in the action, do we think? Is that helicopter chasing Bond? I can't quite tell. What do other people see? I see some shooting action but can't find much context for it.

I have no doubt we'll get just the right amount of action in this film but am curious what kind of variety there will be. So excited!
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    You're missing Dark Phoenix, which was abyssal, as the elements of female empowerment were shoehorned into the script (they even changed Xavier into a dick), probably by some male writer who was trying to stay relevant. They also asked Sophie Turner to show some range, which is something she's unable of, while forcing Jessica Chastain to have no expressivity. Famke Janssen would have been much better than Turner, but the script and the directing were crap anyway.

Regarding buddy movies, The Man from UNCLE was definitely one of them. Even if that's obviously not the direction they are going with NTTD, such a line wouldn't have shocked in this movie. Actually, this kind of passive aggressive banter is common comic relief, and an opportunity for dialog to be witty. What will be Bond's retort?
    Regarding buddy movies, The Man from UNCLE was definitely one of them. Even if that's obviously not the direction they are going with NTTD, such a line wouldn't have shocked in this movie. Actually, this kind of passive aggressive banter is common comic relief, and an opportunity for dialog to be witty. What will be Bond's retort?

Damn, you're right. I actually liked that one. But the original piece was always that, wasn't it?
    Just a thought about maleks character.

IMO He is the one who Madeline talks about on the train in spectre. The man in the mask has skin disease or whatever and later Malek clearly has scarring, like acne.

That would be maybe a twenty year gap. Is there a possibility Malek is using genetics to prolong his own life. Or even make clones of himself. (I don’t like the last idea so much feels a bit Die Another Day)

“My skills will live on...”

This seems to play into that idea too.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Just a thought about maleks character.

IMO He is the one who Madeline talks about on the train in spectre. The man in the mask has skin disease or whatever and later Malek clearly has scarring, like acne.

That would be maybe a twenty year gap. Is there a possibility Malek is using genetics to prolong his own life. Or even make clones of himself. (I don’t like the last idea so much feels a bit Die Another Day)

“My skills will live on...”

This seems to play into that idea too.

I think the cloning hypothesis was generated by questions about who the girl is in the opening ice lake scenes. But I think we are all certain now that the girl is indeed a young Madeleine and the opening is simply set some 20 years or so in the past. And so I suspect, no cloning, but Malek is exploiting genetics to prolong his life and also for another much bigger scheme, hence his line, "My skills will live on..."
  • There’s also the simple fact that women just don’t have the strength and fighting skill that men do. So when they push that junk in action movies I always roll my eyes. To see one skinny chick take on 3 guys twice her size and chop them down to size... I’m like... puhleeese!!! I just don’t have time for nonsense like that. So it always rubs me the wrong way when they insert that into Bond films... Bond has finally met his match!!!! They’ve been doing that forever actually. But it’s where we are right now. To show a woman in some sort of a more traditional feminine role is looked at as sexist or demeaning. She has to be a total hard-ass who takes no prisoners and puts the men in their place. It’s quite lame and tiring actually and is just pandering of the highest order.

And before anyone calls me sexist or whatever... quick question... how many women NAVY SEALS are there? Are there any at all? Because the movies paint this picture of women kicking ass left and right. But the real world seems to paint a totally different picture. Men and women are built differently and women simply aren’t meant to take the kind of abuse that men are.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 4,599
    "To show a woman in some sort of a more traditional feminine role is looked at as sexist or demeaning." (Keep digging, your definition of feminine role is?) Could it be because traditional roles were demeaning?

Bond girl - "Know Your Limits"...........

• RC7RC7
    There’s also the simple fact that women just don’t have the strength and fighting skill that men do. So when they push that junk in action movies I always roll my eyes. To see one skinny chick take on 3 guys twice her size and chop them down to size... I’m like... puhleeese!!! I just don’t have time for nonsense like that. So it always rubs me the wrong way when they insert that into Bond films... Bond has finally met his match!!!! They’ve been doing that forever actually. But it’s where we are right now. To show a woman in some sort of a more traditional feminine role is looked at as sexist or demeaning. She has to be a total hard-ass who takes no prisoners and puts the men in their place. It’s quite lame and tiring actually and is just pandering of the highest order.

And before anyone calls me sexist or whatever... quick question... how many women NAVY SEALS are there? Are there any at all? Because the movies paint this picture of women kicking ass left and right. But the real world seems to paint a totally different picture. Men and women are built differently and women simply aren’t meant to take the kind of abuse that men are.

But you’re happy for Bond to dodge all those bullets? 24 films and he’s been shot twice. The reality is no human would last more than a few seconds in some of the scenarios Bond finds himself, we’re talking fantasy. You sound like you’ve got some issues if this is what you get angry about.

Regardless, what you’re stating hardly happens, if at all, in most Bond films and sometimes when it does - Xenia - it’s great fun.
    None of that matters to normal people. It's fantasy. Only a deeply sexist person would think about the physical ability of women in a fricking fantasy.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    There’s also the simple fact that women just don’t have the strength and fighting skill that men do. So when they push that junk in action movies I always roll my eyes. To see one skinny chick take on 3 guys twice her size and chop them down to size... I’m like... puhleeese!!! I just don’t have time for nonsense like that. So it always rubs me the wrong way when they insert that into Bond films... Bond has finally met his match!!!! They’ve been doing that forever actually. But it’s where we are right now. To show a woman in some sort of a more traditional feminine role is looked at as sexist or demeaning. She has to be a total hard-ass who takes no prisoners and puts the men in their place. It’s quite lame and tiring actually and is just pandering of the highest order.

I hope we never cross paths.