NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Where was the wit?

I thought you were being witty as well, sarcastic in the very least. Now that I know that you were truly proposing a background/nationality change for a character you know nothing about from a film you know very little, I'll keep out of your way, don't worry. Just thought we were having a laugh at American/European eccentricity. If you felt attacked in any way, I'm sorry that transpired from my writing. Not my intent.

That being said, what a surly response you gave. Discourteous to say the least. Shame on you.

Carrying on.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Forgot to change back to your other account?

I wish I was @Univex

That guy is the bee's knees.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Forgot to change back to your other account?

I wish I was @Univex

That guy is the bee's knees.

Hey, man (@CraigMooreOHMSS) , someone thought we were the same person. What a cool way to end the day, right? Cheers for the compliment, right back at ya.

@Benjamin_Weekly69, I have my account since 99. Been Univex for almost 21 years. Here and at the other places (Cbn, AJB007,...). Don't know what you were trying to imply, but it fell flat, or so you did, on your derrière. Let's all be friends and play along shall we?

Safin has a given nationality and background, we know nothing about those. No reason why we should complain about something we're all ignorant of.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 725
    I thought you were being witty as well,
    Not in the slightest.

Now that I know that you were truly proposing a background/nationality change for a character you know nothing about from a film you know very little, I'll keep out of your way, don't worry.

Maybe you can keep outta the way of everyone who makes an innocuous comment that wasn't meant to be interrogated. Not just me.

That being said, what a surly response you gave. Discourteous to say the least. Shame on you.
    Sorry, I am blunt. Especially when I don't detect a speck of wit from a self described witty person.

Safin has a given nationality and background, we know nothing about those. No reason why we should complain about something we're all ignorant of.

I can complain about whatever I want. It's a free forum. If you don't like it you can create a safe space.
    @Benjamin_Weekly69, no, not blunt, dull, just dull.

There's some witt for you. But I doubt you'll get it.

I'll leave it, and you, at that. Stay in your lane.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    [-(

Guess I will come back later
    Are you talking to me or @Univex, @Benjamin_Weekly69? :)

lol, let's leave him to his ramblings. And let's get back to that glorious trailer, shall we ;)
    Univex wrote: »

lol, let's leave him to his ramblings. And let's get back to that glorious trailer, shall we ;)

As a fellow eccentric European, I agree. Bring on the weirdness.
    Univex wrote: »

As a fellow eccentric European, I agree. Bring on the weirdness.

With flair, knack, dash, splash, panache and pizzazz, my friend :-D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Okay chaps, let's keep this civil, friendly and on track.
    No need to be at each others throats like this.

Thanks.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Watching the trailer again, when was the last time James Bond's naval rank been verbally acknowledged?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Watching the trailer again, when was the last time James Bond's naval rank been verbally acknowledged?

Die Another Day.
    Murdock wrote: »

Die Another Day.

Not a film but Craig's Bond was called Commander in the Blood Stone video game
    I did love that part!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    The scene with stunt bike rider Paul E. jumping over the wall, was that shot with IMAX-cameras in any way? In the trailer they only showed it from the drone's view.
    Contraband wrote: »
    The scene with stunt bike rider Paul E. jumping over the wall, was that shot with IMAX-cameras in any way? In the trailer they only showed it from the drone's view.
    Definitely some imax cameras used on it, it's an IMAX sequence. The drone may even have been digital rather than 35mm.
    Penpen wrote: »
    Definitely some imax cameras used on it, it's an IMAX sequence. The drone may even have been digital rather than 35mm.
    Isn´t 35mm equipment heavy? I have difficulty imagining using a drone with a 35mm camera.

FoxRox wrote: »
    I did love that part!

So did I. The Naval references seem to abound in NTTD compared to the other Craig entries, well maybe in small amounts, the NATO woolly pully, his naval rank,... Love it.

@Penpen Thanks
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Isn´t 35mm equipment heavy? I have difficulty imagining using a drone with a 35mm camera.

Just read an random article about drones with IMAX-cameras on. Plus I got pics and video of the drone they used, and it's a big ass drone.

• edited December 2019 Posts: 38
    Isn´t 35mm equipment heavy? I have difficulty imagining using a drone with a 35mm camera/

That depends, you can easily use 35mm cameras on drones, just the ones with the smallest bodies, so usually a 235 (or possibly a 435). You have to use tiny mags which means you are very limited to the duration you can film for but you can do it. Cary posted that image of a tiny mag, that's the kind of size you are talking about! Maybe even smaller, a 200ft mag is the most likely I'd have thought. However as @Contraband says you can use IMAX too on the biggest drones but I doubt they did that on Bond.
  • Did anyone see Brie Larson tweet out about the trailer?

I'm not surprised to see so many babies crying on twitter that Lashana seems rude and disrispectful in the trailer.

Her character is a feisty, tough assassin. It's her job to kill on the orders for her government. She isn't supposed to be nice.

Plus her character is far from unique. Her dialogue could have been said by Anya in TSWM, Holly in MR, Pam in LTK, Wai Lin in TND, Jinx in DAD, etc.

Why is Nomi getting picked on so much more?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Did anyone see Brie Larson tweet out about the trailer?

I'm not surprised to see so many babies crying on twitter that Lashana seems rude and disrispectful in the trailer.

Her character is a feisty, tough assassin. It's her job to kill on the orders for her government. She isn't supposed to be nice.

Plus her character is far from unique. Her dialogue could have been said by Anya in TSWM, Holly in MR, Pam in LTK, Wai Lin in TND, Jinx in DAD, etc.

No doubt because she will (very likely) be 007. Had she been 001, 002 or whatever, the majority of those people complaining wouldn't mind.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Already mentioned but it's quite strange Blofeld's year of birth:
    SW9bTlS.jpg

If he was born in 1946 there's no way he would have been 16 in the 80's:
    UvPxcYo.jpg
    DTywIbM.jpg
    vPmDX2Q.jpg

In fact, his father, Hannes, was 42 when he died...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Did anyone see Brie Larson tweet out about the trailer?

Agreed, @Pierce2Daniel . Honestly I did not really like the idea of having another 00 in the movie because I was afraid that would make the movie less Bond-centric, but Nomi is the thing I liked the most about the trailer.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    And he’s filed under Blofeld, rather than Oberhauser.
    Either they used information Blofeld supplied to them or the foster brother angle won’t be mentioned again.

Just read an random article about drones with IMAX-cameras on. Plus I got pics and video of the drone they used, and it's a big ass drone.
    Didn´t know that, thanks, I´m impressed they use such big drones. I´d have thought for an IMAX camera you´d rather have yourself a helicopter.

• JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Do we know what films with air the Bond trailer before their screenings? Would be nice to see the trailer in the theatres if it’s attached to something of interest 🍸
  • A possible - and frankly rather upsetting - angle for Madeline's secret is that Safin is her brother. I dearly hope I'm wrong. But then, who among us saw Brothergate coming when it landed in Spectre?